Every Dareus hater, APOLOGIZE

CanadianFan

5 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Apologize now, if you didn't you know-nothing haters. Your bile makes this fandom toxic. Worse than Chernobyl.

Why? Someone seems to have a bile problem! Dareus would have been helpful at times....if he felt in the mood and was healthy. It’s NOT about this season, Mr Know Nothing. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

It's never about this season with the Bills. Always the future... hence the 17 straight years of no playoffs, what's another year?

The old “17 year” thing is tired and actually pisses me of. Be smarter than that. 

I was fine with getting rid of Dareus but man watching this defense get man handled is tough. I have no idea if things would have been different today with 99 but it’s disappointing that nobody on that front 4 is doing anything. Haven’t heard Kyle’s name mentioned all year it seems and Hughes and Lawson have been invisible. Dareus or not that’s unacceptable.

Edited by Bangarang

Hey, that was horrific. No doubt! But I won’t over-react. Even on the heels of the ugly Jets game. They are looking to the next draft, looking for the QB, looking beyond this week. It SUCKED, and it pained me, but I go WAY beyond 17 years of this. The big picture gives me hope. 

57 minutes ago, klos63 said:

this is the 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' - it clearly made our team worse during a critical playoff push. They had no intention of keeping Dareus from day 1, which means to me that there was no effort to 'get him on board'. Might work out in the long run, but it hurts us real bad now. Our season is likely over now.

We dont win the last two weeks with Dareus. We looked like crap two weeks in a row on both sides of the ball. Plus we arent getting the ridiculous number of turnovers we were getting earlier. This 5-2 start is looking exactly like the 2011 5-2 start. 

One could turn it around... every Dareus lover, APOLOGIZE! Rarely played, one strike away from a season suspension, $100 million contract but fat guy with a bad hammy or groin....the list goes on. So...there are alternative views. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills should've "rises up" years ago. 

There is ABSOLUTELY no telling when this team will "rise up" given their history. They keep playing like this McBeane won't make it through year 2 and same old same old in Buffalo.

How long is the history with this coaching and FO?  Stop with “history”, it’s weak. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills should've "rises up" years ago. 

There is ABSOLUTELY no telling when this team will "rise up" given their history. They keep playing like this McBeane won't make it through year 2 and same old same old in Buffalo.

Im willing to let this play out. These guys have a vision on what kind of team they want to build. Firing people every two years gets you nowhere.

Fine with trade and knew there’d be growing pains.  

But, one thing that bugs me is the 20/20 hindsight about his extension. At the time it wa clearly a BIG signing.  However,  it wasn’t viewed as being a Dan Snyder-esque folly, though there were concerns about his brief suspension, based on his performance to date at the time, comimg off a 10 sack 1st team All Pro season, the deal was seen as a contract in line with the natural progression for a player who the experts believed Dareus was, a talented young DT who would be a force for years to come (and it was the first big DT contract post-Suh).  While some may have expressed concerns, it was not viewed as it is now with the always perfect 20/20 hindsight.  Clearly, turned out wrong but Whaley was in line with the view of the majority when he made the deal.  Found some articles from 2015 about the extension:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525009/article/marcell-dareus-bills-reach-sixyear-100m-extension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/10/bills-marcell-dareus-agree-to-six-year-contract-extension/

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/10/9114609/marcell-dareus-contract-extension-buffalo-bills-pass-rush

Edited by biggerdaddynj

I wish Marcell well, but they had to unload him. He was easily our best DT even without a "sense of urgency". Still, he was tying up $108,000,000 of cap space over 6 years and playing like he was worth half that amount. We'll be better off in the long run, but will suck on run defense until we can reload at DT and LDE. Right now, Hughes is the only one really playing well in that group. Good thing we have lots of draft picks.

Edited by GreggTX

The defense has been this bad all season. They've been getting lucky with turnovers. Dareus was only playing at most, 60% of the snaps to begin. We're playing better teams now and all the weaknesses that have been there all year are being exploited.

I can't apologize. The apology belongs to Dareus for taking his money and running. For putting his teammates and coaches in a bad situation. For not being a leader that he should have been. Don't get me wrong. I hated the trade and saw the drop off coming. I just had no idea it would be this bad. 298 yds rushing is an abomination of all that is right with the world. Today was disgusting, pathetic and should never happen at home to anyone.  

Damn, I went into November with hope, only to be punished again for the love of my hometown losers. Stupid Pats show us how it's done all over again and again and again. 

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Jax and Bills Defense Rushing stats;

Before Dareus arrived in Jax:

5.2 yds a carry

After Dareus arrived in Jax:

2.3 yds a carry

Before Dareus left the Bills:

3.4 yds a carry

After Dareus left the Bills:

5.5 yds a carry

If people cant see it this way I'm not sure what else to say.

At least the accountants will be happy in . . . two years.

39 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I can't apologize. The apology belongs to Dareus for taking his money and running. For putting his teammates and coaches in a bad situation. For not being a leader that he should have been. Don't get me wrong. I hated the trade and saw the drop off coming. I just had no idea it would be this bad. 298 yds rushing is an abomination of all that is right with the world. Today was disgusting, pathetic and should never happen at home to anyone.  

Damn, I went into November with hope, only to be punished again for the love of my hometown losers. Stupid Pats show us how it's done all over again and again and again. 

By all accounts, his teammates loved him.

8 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Saying Im not going to talk to you anymore because you dont agree with me is about as childish as it gets which is exactly what he did. He got exactly the response he deserved. 

Just to clarify, I’m not talking with you because you don’t know what you are talking about, not because we don’t agree. I disagree with people here all of the time.

You don’t even understand the Dareus situation that you are so passionate about. The guaranteed money paid out made it basically impossible to move on before the end of next year. There was little benefit to it. That’s why so many of us at the time didn’t like the move. It’s proven to be true.

8 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

As much as the D line misses Dareus. His contract was unbearable. Someone should have been taken out back and shot.

Contract was fine until the off field issues and they turned him into a 2 down gap plugger. 

This is a rebuilding year, every one knew that, but they started winning and got hopes up. This team was never talented enough to sustain it. Clearing cap space will help the future, but they have to go all out for a QB. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts