Peterman vs. Chargers?

Watkins101

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Peterman will be effective until the NFL solves his game plan. Then it's pfft. 

The problem is the rest of the league has solved the Bills. Every facet of the team. They know where to attack. Unless McDermott can come up with some new wrinkle, we're boned. 

No.  They solved Tyrod Taylor once again mid season.  

As often as we jump to knee jerk reactions, Id love to actually know where the fault lies here. Is it TTs refusal to get rid of the ball quick and as a result is stuck with a Check down? Is it Rico calling terrible plays that harness TT? Is it a perfect storm of HS play calling combined with TTs inability to run the play how it was envisioned? Either way, it feels and LOOKS very square peg, circle hole-ish. 

Personally, I think that TT has done some good things here and if for NO OTHER REASON will be given the rest of this year (until we are out) to try to do what he can. Peterman might be a better fit for this offense if for no other reason than hitting his drop and the ball coming out.  He also seems to have no issues trying to sling it - which is why he gained a cult following in the preseason. 

Let's face it... it's not so much clamoring for Peterman as it is he seems to be the anti TT.

Granted Peterman made his mark today in garbage time, but TT had essentially 2 qtr of garbage time and was unable to do anything.

The man is too timid and it's maddening.

Amazing, who woulda thought a guy will go up and make a play for you if he's not college open.

Hopefully watching Peterman and hearing his ovation wakes something up inside TT and he comes out chucking the ball. If not, things could get EVEN MORE frustrating...

Edited by gobills1212

I have a lot of respect for Tyrod Taylor, but he is not a good starting QB in the NFL.  He WILL NOT throw the ball unless he has a receiver WIDE OPEN.  That isn’t NFL QB play.  Still, he is the best QB that this snake-bitten franchise has had in a decade.  That speaks more to the problems this team has had in finding a QB, than it does to Taylor’s viability as a starter. 

I think it is unlikely that Peterman is the answer, but based on Taylor’s limitations and at least some hope we saw from Peterman in preseason and the garbage time today, I think that Peterman gives them a bit more of a chance than Tyrod does.

I don’t expect a move to be made in the next few games, though.  Tyrod is a respected veteran and fits the effort and attitude that this staff wants the team to embody.  Given that, benching Tyrod would take A LOT.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I understand the Saints were probably in a big-time prevent defense, and didn't show a lot of complex looks to Peterman.  I also know that he made some nice throws..throws with D-men in his face that Taylor rarely makes.

I want to see more of Peterman as the season progresses.

The Saints were in prevent 1/2 through the 3rd quarter. We saw BOTH QBs vs a prevent. One excelled and one didnt.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

This OL would get a QB killed...  TT makes them look better at times but Shady has no where to run most times .. Peterman would  probably get destroyed

He also makes them look worse. He had time today to let routes develop but he was very quick to check down