Report: Huge Problem Brewing between Irsay and Luck

To those saying Bills should try to trade for Luck, consider what MMQB said: he missed his three prime years. So, instead of Drafting a QB who could be the franchise solution for the next 12 years or so, with his prime years left, we would trade for a damaged one, with his prime years already behind him and he may still need more medical treatment that could be a problem for NEXT season....?? 

Count me among the ones that say, "No thanks"....he was certainly a true franchise QB when he came out and was healthy, but now....I think I'd rather roll the dice with what Beane et. al. can do in the Draft. 

58 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with injuries, I just think he is overrated. You can't really talk about supporting cast either. Real franchise QBs make the cast around him better like Rodgers, Brady, Peyton when he played. Luck isn't that type of player in my opinion

Peyton had Edgerrin James and a HOF WR in Harrison. 

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

To those saying Bills should try to trade for Luck, consider what MMQB said: he missed his three prime years. So, instead of Drafting a QB who could be the franchise solution for the next 12 years or so, with his prime years left, we would trade for a damaged one, with his prime years already behind him and he may still need more medical treatment that could be a problem for NEXT season....?? 

Count me among the ones that say, "No thanks"....he was certainly a true franchise QB when he came out and was healthy, but now....I think I'd rather roll the dice with what Beane et. al. can do in the Draft. 

Depends on what the docs would say about his shoulder.  Prime years for QBs?  Define it for me.  Look at guys like Brady and Brees.  They're lasting longer now because you're not allowed to touch them anymore.  Except for Luck, who had bupkus for an offensive line thus far in Indy.  Put a decent O line in front of him and he'll still be playing tn years from now.

Make the Call Buffalo. Finally answer the QB question if you can swing a deal for Luck

17 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Prime years?  He is still in his Prime. He is 28 in a league that a QB can play until late 30s because of all the protections to him. 

So to have a Franchise QB for the next 10 years is a very very good solution. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

If I'm Buffalo I'm definitely keeping an eye on this situation.  If we manage to get him, we'd need to address the offensive line 2-3 times as well this offseason.  Maybe they switch from a run offense to a pass offense?  Who knows...

well, they could definately run Dennison's version of the WCO which they haven't been able to this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Make the Call Buffalo. Finally answer the QB question if you can swing a deal for Luck

Prime years?  He is still in his Prime. He is 28 in a league that a QB can play until late 30s because of all the protections to him. 

So to have a Franchise QB for the next 10 years is a very very good solution. 

You're projecting him to last another 10 years despite the injury concerns he's ALREADY had?? Sorry, I'm not hitching my horse to that wagon, er buffalo as it were...

This Draft the Bills FINALLY have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and it makes sense to Draft their guy....get him, train and coach him, and send him in - baptism by fire. Recent research bears out this to be the best approach, as in most cases (I did say most, not all), is to have your QB playing in the Rookie year and have him learn. Sorry, but Andrew will be 29, and absolutely NO guarantee he can play or that his throwing shoulder returns to full health....

The question is: Luck over Tyrod?

Quite a few on here would say "NO" to that.  I say, Luck>TT  but that's just me...  Doubt it would ever happen but I would take it.  Use the picks to build around Luck.  That would be freakin' awesome!

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

If I knew that the shoulder was good I would absolutely trade for Andrew Luck

Remember when Brees was overlooked because of his bad shoulder. You might not, because it seems like 100 years ago! 

I’d bet he’d be thrilled to get out of Indy. 

3 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Definitely worth investigating and seeing what the Colt's interest would be in trading Luck. As long as the Bills do their due diligence and the doctor's sign off on that shoulder would be willing to give up a bunch of picks to make that trade. My only hope is that he is not damaged goods now as there is no way a team would be willing to trade away a Franchise QB but the Colts have been pretty dumb with personnel decisions and the owner is a nutcase. I just can't see anything coming from this though.

So you would basically be betting a few first round draft picks that the Bills' doctors are better than Indy's doctors, right?  Seems like a very bad bet to me, especially given the Bills' medical staff's history.   

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

You're projecting him to last another 10 years despite the injury concerns he's ALREADY had?? Sorry, I'm not hitching my horse to that wagon, er buffalo as it were...

This Draft the Bills FINALLY have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and it makes sense to Draft their guy....get him, train and coach him, and send him in - baptism by fire. Recent research bears out this to be the best approach, as in most cases (I did say most, not all), is to have your QB playing in the Rookie year and have him learn. Sorry, but Andrew will be 29, and absolutely NO guarantee he can play or that his throwing shoulder returns to full health....

What injury concerns?  You know who else was disqualified from a long career from a team due to Shoulder?  You guessed it you will see him Sunday tell me how his throwing shoulder and shortened career are

• Thank you (+1) 1