How much impact will Benjamin have Sunday?

JM2009

After watching what the Jets did to our O line, I'm not so sure. Benjamin isn't a speed guy and any big play to him will take time to develop. The Jets may have provided a blue print for every team we have left to play. Even with Benjamin, this team lacks some serious speed at the WR position.

31 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

After watching what the Jets did to our O line, I'm not so sure. Benjamin isn't a speed guy and any big play to him will take time to develop. The Jets may have provided a blue print for every team we have left to play. Even with Benjamin, this team lacks some serious speed at the WR position.

I agree with you to some degree...but Denver had a decent defense and we handles them ok. The Jets created a bowl pocket for Tyrod with no escape. Dennison needs to step up his game this week with more roll outs and shotgun read option I suppose.

37 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

This may be true. But, one would hope that McD understand tis and make adjustments to undermine that blueprint. 

This is an interesting discussion to me. I'd like to know what people think those adjustments should be? It strikes me that TT works much better in the shotgun, and they had him under center quite a bit. The Jets edge rushers were able to bet around our line too easily and get TT from behind, and closing his escape routes. 

I believe that this week, he will be more of a decoy and something for the opponent to game plan for. Hopefully he will occupy Lattimore and it will open up the guys that TT is most comfortable throwing to. I think it will take awhile for KB to produce much stat-wise but that might not be such a bad thing this week since I don’t think TT would have targeted him much anyway. 

Regardless, his size alone makes him very difficult to defend for any CB. 

I'm actually feeling really good about our receivers now with: KB13, Jordan Mathews, Zay Jones, Deonte Thompson, Andre Holmes & Brandon Tate (proving to be a viable option with big RAC ability). We just need our QB to get the ball out quick (something Tyrod had struggled with forever).  We have another big back to back up Shady, I feel good about our TEs and now we're getting some big play makers back on D.  If we can't kick some butt and put up some points now, then it's on the coaching staff & TT.

Go Bills!!!!! 

The positive thing is that this coaching staff has shown theyve been able to adapt. We saw it with the Raiders game. Tyrod was all over the place. The Jets flat out beat us the other night. I think they will work on moving the pocket like before.

I expect around 70 yards and a score from our new toy.

None. Lattimore will shut him down. 

He had had two catches for 8 yards in the Panthers game against NO. I'm not sure if that was the game he left early.

Lattimore is playing at an elite level right now, I don't see a guys first game in a run first offense being very productive.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

None. Lattimore will shut him down. 

He had had two catches for 8 yards in the Panthers game against NO. I'm not sure if that was the game he left early.

Lattimore is playing at an elite level right now, I don't see a guys first game in a run first offense being very productive.

Lattimore didn’t play in that game. That was the game KB left with injury.

i think he will have impact as a decoy only this week but that’s ok.

I don't expect Benjamin's play to be LARGE right away until he gets acclimated to Taylor and the offense. And by the time he is a solid contributor it might be too little to late in terms of the bills possibly not being in the wildcard mix anymore.

Either way I wouldn't expect much from Benjamin or the entire offense this week against the Saints. Lattimore is playing like Revis Island in it's prime 8 games into his rookie season and will likely be blanketing Benjamin all game long.

20 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

If we can't kick some butt and put up some points now, then it's on the coaching staff & TT.

If the O-line can't step up it's game, then the whole offense will stumble regardless of the talent added at WR...   

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm not so sure.  He was never a deep threat.  If they run some quick outs and some slants with him, his big frame should give TT a large margin of error.  Of course TT has to be able to get rid of the ball quickly as well, which he has never shown the ability to do to date.  We'll see.