Opinion: Writing Is on the Wall - Cam Is Coming

Gugny

Irrelevant to the question. You say the writing is on the wall, you're not pot stirring, it just makes sense.

Don't change the subject or try to divert it to make other folks explain - you're the one saying it makes sense that Cam will come to B'lo, you explain why in your opinion it makes sense.

Otherwise, you ARE pot-stirring

How is it not relevant, Watson?

It's the same two teams.

Buffalo just traded for Carolina's 2nd biggest offensive weapon.

I'm opining that they'll go after their best offensive weapon.

It makes sense because Beane and McDermott have a history.

It makes sense because Buffalo has no clear direction (clear to us) with regard to the long term future of the QB.

It makes sense because it's pretty clear that this "strong class of 2018" QBs ain't so strong, after all.

It makes sense because Beane has stocked up on draft picks.

So don't sit there and try to tell me my motives, Mr. Kyle Williams mancrush boy.

It's a !@#$ing opinion.

If you don't like it, go rub one out to your KW fathead.

Man, I hate this crap.TT is and should be our QB for the foreseeable future. He's good and getting better. If we happen upon a franchise guy in the draft, great.

Don't want to trade for another QB unless it's Watson or Wentz. Maybe Rodgers if he comes back completely healthy.

Trading for an old QB like Brees never works out for the new team.

Edited by Domdab99

Man, I hate this crap.TT is and should be our QB for the foreseeable future. He's good and getting better. If we happen upon a franchise guy in the draft, great.

Don't want to trade for another QB unless it's Watson or Wentz. Maybe Rodgers if he comes back completely healthy.

Trading for an old QB like Brees never works out for the new team.

I wanna take comments like these and save them for the future.

Like with Fitzpatrick

Everyone was so quick to get rid of him. And a few wanted to keep him until we had a better option.

Then we got rid of him and had Orton and Manuel and people missed Fitzpatrick.

I have a feeling this will be similar.

I have no link. This is just my opinion. It just makes sense.

Beane is cherry-picking the best Panthers. He's cleared the money. I think Cam's gonna be a Bill.

I don't see it. Newton is pretty good but he's not in the same league as Rodgers, Brady, Brees or even Wilson who was drafted two rounds after him. Teams don't trade true franchise QBs ... even if they lack fashion sense ... so that would be the first hint that Carolina, the team that knows him best, thinks he'll never improve only decline. Keep Tyrod and give a youngster a shot in the upcoming draft ... or the next one. Cam Newton isn't the next Jim Kelly.

Tyrod is playing better than Cam in 2017. Tyrod played better than Cam in 2016.

Why would the Bills downgrade at QB? :devil:

If people hate Tyrod I wonder what the board would look like when Cam goes for 154 1 td and 1int like he did this week. How about 211 and 0 tds/2ints like last week? 239 1td and 3 ints like 3 weeks ago? So for those keeping track at home that is 604 passing yards, 2 tds and 6 ints in his last 3 games. This is a 'franchise qb?"

For comparison (i'll save you the work)

Tyrod: 599 yards, 4tds, 1int.

You would trade +5 yards over 3 games for -2 tds and +5 ints? I hope that isn't the process!

In case you think I am just using a small sample. Since the start of 2016:

Cam 5964 yards, 37 tds, 25 ints, 923 combined rush/pass attempts

Tyrod 5121 yards, 32 tds, 8 ints, 533 combined rush/pass attempts

So 400 more attempts:

840 more yards (2.1 yards per each attempt when Tyrod averages 9.6 ypa), 5 more tds (1 for every 40 attempts - Tyrod averages 1 every 16), and 17 more ints (1 every 36 attempts Tyrod averages 1 every 66 attempt).

Cam has sucked since the start of last year. Super Bowl hangover is still going on almost 2 years later (I fully admit injury contributes this year).

Edited by section122

Too inconsistent for my liking. He's had top 10 defenses his whole career and only went on 1 run. Taylor will have his first top 10 D and does a better job leading and PLAYING WITHIN THE SCHEME

Buffalo Rumblings has a good article talking about the percentage of balls thrown by Cam to Benjamin that were catchable, etc.

"Cam Newton led all passers with 17 percent of his passes overthrown, and that number would have been higher without Benjamin's tough catches. Based on our breakdown of incomplete passes in game charting, 27.0 percent of Benjamin's targets were deemed uncatchable (27th-most). For comparison, only 16.2 percent of Beckham's targets were uncatchable (81st). Benjamin had 15 above-the-head grabs among his first 40 catches of the season, an absurd rate. He finished with 19, second only to Beckham's 20. His season percentage of catches caught above the head (26.0 percent) is nearly three times higher than the average studied (9.2 percent)."

Buffalo Rumblings has a good article talking about the percentage of balls thrown by Cam to Benjamin that were catchable, etc.

"Cam Newton led all passers with 17 percent of his passes overthrown, and that number would have been higher without Benjamin's tough catches. Based on our breakdown of incomplete passes in game charting, 27.0 percent of Benjamin's targets were deemed uncatchable (27th-most). For comparison, only 16.2 percent of Beckham's targets were uncatchable (81st). Benjamin had 15 above-the-head grabs among his first 40 catches of the season, an absurd rate. He finished with 19, second only to Beckham's 20. His season percentage of catches caught above the head (26.0 percent) is nearly three times higher than the average studied (9.2 percent)."

This is why I think Cam will regress further with Benjamin gone. The league has figured out how to play him and his game hasn t evolved, he is still inaccurate. He was terrible last year and terrible this year so far, 10 tds and 11 int., not to mention his childish antics at the podium. Why would the Bills want that?