D&C's Mariorana: Bills Have Interesting 2018 TT Decision?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wins isn't a QB stat. I'll give him the Tampa game because the defense was getting gashed and he stepped up in a big way. Point being is I don't see him doing that consistently. Beane and McDermott are giving him every opportunity though.

That's odd. I've read here that it's the only stat that matters.

Carr threw for 300+. Winston threw for almost 400. Did they win?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's odd. I've read here that it's the only stat that matters.

Carr threw for 300+. Winston threw for almost 400. Did they win?

It's also odd that a QB misses a receiver to lose a game and he doesn't get credit for that... :rolleyes:

Very difficult to do both in todays NFL with extremely limited practice time. I read the backup QB #2 guy typically get about 1/2 dozen snaps each week with the 1st stringers. #3 QB likely none. So how do you develop 2, pretty much impossible to ever figure out if they actually can play. IMO better off developing one and have a more experienced vet as the #3 like they do today with Webb

I bring him back. He can start while we develop a draft pick and peterman

Not only winning, but he is the team's QB to the team. If he's does well and they didn't resign him, it would hurt the team chemistry. Now, if TT craps the bed and the Bills miss the playoffs it will be a lot easier to drop him. If TT keeps winning, he will be the 2018 starter.

If he can win a playoff game I guess you keep him for 2018. Otherwise I want a fresh start at the QB position with a rookie and Peterman.

So if they make the playoffs but lose, youd cut Tyrod and roll with a rookie and Peterman in 2018. It aint happening. Your hatred of Tyrod has made you delusional. Unless he completely falls apart in the second half, Tyrod will be back.

I dont think the Tyrod decision is much of one at all. If he continues playing well and we keep winning then you keep him. Its that simple. The only interesting decision is how they go about getting another QB. Do they trade up and get one? Do they let the draft come to them and grab one in the first with one pick or in the second with another pick? Perhaps they are comfortable with Peterman as their development guy and they dont draft one at all.

​Either way unless Tyrod and this team have a collapse there is no decision.

Edited by Scott7975

He will be evaluated on every play and at the end of the season the coaching staff will have a good feel whether TT is the type of QB that can take the Bills to the next level. Personally, I believe that given he is running a new system with new personnel, he is doing a fine job. The offense is showing improvement and I think they will continue to improve as this season unfolds. Next year should be even better as there should be less infusion of talent. It should not be a question as to whether TT should be the QB in 2018, but rather, what will 2019 look like when he is a UFA. That will be the tough question. I doubt the answer will be found dependent on win/ loss record but rather according to THE PROCESS.

How about we wait and see what he does to finish the season

^^This^^

Let's see how the rest of the year shakes out like the coaching staff will. I'm sure he will be staying if the back half the season mirrors the 1st 7 games.

Edited by Real McCoy

As has playing with budding all-pros like Holmes, Thompson, Matthews and Jones, no doubt. In a brand new offense to boot!

More proof, IMO that Sammy was his crutch

all we heard last season was the defense wasn't helping win games. Now it is.

Taylors made a few improvements in his game, but there are still things that need to be improved.

Losing to the Panthers game and only scoring 3 points was bad .... Losing to the Bungles didn't help his brand either.

More proof, IMO that Sammy was his crutch

all we heard last season was the defense wasn't helping win games. Now it is.

Taylors made a few improvements in his game, but there are still things that need to be improved.

Losing to the Panthers game and only scoring 3 points was bad .... Losing to the Bungles didn't help his brand either.

Yup. How dare he be part of a team that loses a game? We should be 7-0 if not for Taylor.

Fyi, Sammy wasn't healthy/available all last season.

I really think that Bills fans are so conditioned to dog turds at QB that they actually don't know what good QBing looks like anymore. It's not even your fault dude, it's been so long.