D&C's Mariorana: Bills Have Interesting 2018 TT Decision?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will all depend on how he finishes the last 9 games.

what he said

if he keeps playing solid like he is now, and the bills make the playoffs, can you really let him loose? the bills can still draft a qb in the early rounds, and to be honest, 16 mill for a qb contract doesn't seem that outrageous to me at all.

what he said

$16 million is okay. It's about what I made when I was a gigolo in Ukraine.

$16 million dollars not $16 million ruples

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Keep him at that price. Good average to above average starter's money. Plus, the rookie will not be making that much his first 4-5 years with the Bills anyways. Between Taylor, Peterman, and a rookie, you're looking at around $20M total invested into the most important position on the team, and that is okay. Taylor is an ideal mentor type QB who can teach the young guy to protect the ball, leadership, and work ethic.

Tyrod IS the franchise QB. Keep him. Build around him. He's good enough to win it all with a good supporting cast.

I'm starting to have those thoughts myself.

Many are troubled that our formula for winning isn't like everyone else's. But there's a lot to be said for limiting turnovers on offense and playing good defense and special teams.

With the right system and supporting cast we can win with this guy. This team will be killer in a year or two if we use those draft picks correctly. Brady and Ben era will be over and we will be the beast of the AFC again.

Edited by PIP

Absent major drop-off in performance there is no decision -- TT is the quarterback and leader of this emerging team. Deal with it.

Having said that, if there is a guy you like when you pick, take him and let him compete. No need, however, to throw a snotball of picks at a rookie who will have a high failure risk regardless of when chosen. If we have a powerful roster and TT, Peterman and our pick all fail we can acquire a Cousins-like vet (albeit not Cousins because he will be gone) in the future. For now, I think we can find our championship QB among TT, Peterman and a pick taken wherever we choose.

TT Baby!!!!

If this team makes the playoffs with Taylor not sure how they can move on from him unless Peterman is ready (I think he will be) and Taylor and his agent demand more money.

Still think best case scenario is Taylor pans out for the Bills the rest of this year and 2018 and then we unleash the beast in 2019 since Peterman will have been developed properly unlike most QB's that have come through Buffalo through the years.

I sure don't miss those plus the additional county tax and additional school tax.

For :censored: sake Savior can you stop with the same bull :censored: day in and day out?

to be honest, it's the school tax portion that's crushing. it's around 75% of my bill.