Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With I am really surprised at the ignorance of this post. You should be ashamed. I live in Washington and follow this team. If the redskins truely believed in Cousins he would have been signed long term a while ago. Like lots of teams, the Bills included, they found themselves without other, better options. It is really not that hard to understand. And oh yeah, go f... yourself.

Where you live isn't relevent in today's world. If you think a QB isn't good, at all, and isn't a leader, you don't give him $24mil. There are LOTS of QBs who are no good, and can't lead, who come with a much lower price tag.

I'm not suggesting Cousin's is a top-tier QB. But he's a proven NFL starter. Not a bum.

Then again, Wasington's "brain trust" is pretty questionable. So there's that.

Edited by The Dean

Reportedly, Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 49ers just "released" him. Wonder if NE plans to sign him?

Other than that....they got no one, not even on the scout team. I looked.

NE doesn't need a QB for the scout team. Brady does it all!

Where you live isn't relevent in today's world. If you think a QB isn't good, at all, and isn't a leader, you don't give him $24mil. There are LOTS of QBs who are no good, and can't lead, who come with a much lower price tag.

I'm not suggesting Cousin's is a top-tier QB. But he's a proven NFL starter. Not a bum.

Then again, Wasington's "brain trust" is pretty questionable. So there's that.

You make absolutely no intelligent argument worth responding to, so there's that.

If they really wanted him they should have including him in deal.

Somebody up thread mentioned that was the original plan in the deal but NE declined because it would have impacted a comp pick qualification somehow.

Anyway, I was wrong because a vested veteran isnt subject to waiver wire rules if waived before the trade deadline so Hoyer is free to sign with whomever he chooses.

Edited by K-9

I love this. Marcia is about to hit a cliff and the Pats now have no plan B. Buffalo dominates the 2020's

Lol it just seemed funny seeing "Buffalo dominates the 2020's"...just because it would have been 30 years after the last time we were dominant.

Reportedly, Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 49ers just "released" him. Wonder if NE plans to sign him?

Other than that....they got no one, not even on the scout team. I looked.

OK, now that all starts to make sense. NE wanted him as the vet backup, but not at his current salary. I'd be surprised if NE doesn't sign Hoyer.