Bears' TE Zach Miller Could Lose His Leg Due to Injury - Finally Headed Home

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont doubt the severity of the injury in the least. I also dont doubt the fact that Miller could have lost his leg. I just hate that ESPN used the words could lose his leg as click bait before the procedure was completed.

To be fair, this is an instance where it was a fair and accurate description there was a real risk he could lose his leg here.

To be fair, this is an instance where it was a fair and accurate description there was a real risk he could lose his leg here.

Yes, but on their news ticker ESPN just said its unclear if amputation was ever an option. Im not minimizing the severity of the injury, but naturally they publish the worst case scenario as the headline.

Yes, but on their news ticker ESPN just said its unclear if amputation was ever an option. Im not minimizing the severity of the injury, but naturally they publish the worst case scenario as the headline.

yeah this click bait news cycle we live in is a joke.

What's next?

every time a human goes in for surgery for 1st time with general anesthesia the headline will read:

John Doe heading into surgery that he may never wake up from. or

John Doe heading into surgery he may not survive.

both would be accurate.

Edited by cba fan

Internet is all about clicks, possible amputation is going to get a lot of clicks, who cares about the truth right?

For someone who didn't see it, what happened to cause this? How did he get hurt?

I don't pray for people since I lost my faith years ago, but I am hoping the doctors can work their magic and make that horrible idea of losing the leg not happen.

On edit: My VPN in China is working and I just watched it on youtube. Bloody Hell, that reminded me the McGahee injury. I winced hard watching that. My lord, that was nasty (understatement of the year)

Torn popliteal artery. Landed awkwardly but nothing dirty or anything like that. Hopefully they recognized it quickly and surgery will be successful.

I thought it was a crap call to rule he didn't maintain possession but maybe that's just me.

There is a real risk, but with prompt diagnosis and prompt surgery, the risk is relatively small.

I will not watch it. As anyone who has every suffered any kind of injury, those make you grab the injured body part and take a deep breath.

Get well big man, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I will not watch either.

Appears things are going well.

Best wishes for a successful recovery.

Why can't Brady suffer an injury like this?

Real f'd up. No respect

I will not watch it. As anyone who has every suffered any kind of injury, those make you grab the injured body part and take a deep breath.

Get well big man, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Exactly i dislocated my knee and it took them so long to set it i went into shock. Imagine... 15 year old dies from dislocated knee. I was never the same again. it was a recovery I'll never forget. I will say though, if child birth is that much worse that draining 4 Styrofoam cups of blood and crap from a knee... God bless ALL mothers. Edited by Agent 91