Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

50 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I doubt if Marrone gives more than a passing thought to the Bills. Just because many here hate him,  I never got the impression he was pissed at the Bills.

While I think the Bills will get in, if they win out, it is NOT guaranteed. Hasn't that been established enough?

Pretty much. Titans would have to win out and Jaguars would have to lose out. Looking at their schedules I doubt either happen

So things are really settling in, it is fun to be in the playoff hunt again in the final two weeks, and not needing a miracle for it to happen.  Winning in Miami is obviously the key, and until a stunning upset is actually final, I think we should count a loss to the Patriots as well, so all planning is around 9-7.

EITHER

Any loss by the Chargers (@Jets, Oak) or Ravens (Ind, Cin) in those four remaining games almost ensures we win a 9-7 tie breaker. (we need 1 of 4 to go our way)

OR

If all four of those results go against us we would need KC to lose two (Mia, @Den)  or the Titans to beat Rams and lose to Jax. (we would need 4 of 4 to go our way)

538 has us around 60% chance of making it at 9-7, with Indy beating Baltimore (very unlikely) the only game that has a huge benefit to us, with all the others helping one scenario but potentially hurting another so limiting their impact.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but there are ZERO scenarios that could eliminate us this weekend before we head to Miami right? And with the Chargers as a late game that final weekend, there is ZERO chance we can be eliminated by scoreboard watching while we are playing to victory over Miami?  But it would take Jets over Chargers or Indy over Ravens THIS weekend for us to have a win and in scenario without scoreboard watching next weekend?

And while some people might not BILLieve right now, I'm all in on the kool aid and pixie dust to get Kyle Williams to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

Oddly, it would have been better to have Titans win yesterday. Then we needed them to lose the last two (which is likely) and we only needed to beat Dolphins. With them winning, we now we need  either a Baltimore or Chargers loss which is probably not happening. The loss to the Chargers and the Jets, as suspected, will be what keeps us out.

2 hours ago, Koufax said:

So things are really settling in, it is fun to be in the playoff hunt again in the final two weeks, and not needing a miracle for it to happen.  Winning in Miami is obviously the key, and until a stunning upset is actually final, I think we should count a loss to the Patriots as well, so all planning is around 9-7.

EITHER

Any loss by the Chargers (@Jets, Oak) or Ravens (Ind, Cin) in those four remaining games almost ensures we win a 9-7 tie breaker. (we need 1 of 4 to go our way)

OR

If all four of those results go against us we would need KC to lose two (Mia, @Den)  or the Titans to beat Rams and lose to Jax. (we would need 4 of 4 to go our way)

538 has us around 60% chance of making it at 9-7, with Indy beating Baltimore (very unlikely) the only game that has a huge benefit to us, with all the others helping one scenario but potentially hurting another so limiting their impact.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but there are ZERO scenarios that could eliminate us this weekend before we head to Miami right? And with the Chargers as a late game that final weekend, there is ZERO chance we can be eliminated by scoreboard watching while we are playing to victory over Miami?  But it would take Jets over Chargers or Indy over Ravens THIS weekend for us to have a win and in scenario without scoreboard watching next weekend?

And while some people might not BILLieve right now, I'm all in on the kool aid and pixie dust to get Kyle Williams to the playoffs.

Joesixpack concedes nothing!

Bills can actually get in with an 8-8 record IF:

In Week 16:

Colts beat Ravens

Chiefs beat Dolphins

Jets beat Chargers

Eagles beat Raiders

If that happens Bills get in if in week 17 one of the following happens:

Bills beat Dolphins

or 

Bengals beat Ravens

Oddly enough if all that stuff happens in week 16 it doesn't even matter if the Bills beat the Pats, they'd need the same thing to happen in week 17 - win, or Ravens lose.

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

simple as this to get in:

Titans lose to Jax in week 17

Chargers need to lose either 1 of the final 2 (Jets, Raiders)

This is assuming we lose to Pats but beat Dolphins of course. This is the most realistic scenario. Anyone that thinks we are beating the Pats at their place keep dreaming.

Is this correct?

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I mean that is pretty doable!  Jags beat Titans, Chargers lose to either Jets or Raiders, we get killed in NE and find a way to beat the Dolphins again down in Miami.

That is not what I'd call impossible.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Is this correct?

I mean that is pretty doable!  Jags beat Titans, Chargers lose to either Jets or Raiders, we get killed in NE and find a way to beat the Dolphins again down in Miami.

you won't find anyone looking for realistic possibilities in here.  there are still people on this forum that think we can beat Brady at home with the playoffs on the line.  there are a lot of dreamers on this forum.  i'm more realistic.  this is the only way we are getting in.  know it, accept it, hope and pray for it

Just now, kdiggz said:

you won't find anyone looking for realistic possibilities in here.  there are still people on this forum that think we can beat Brady at home with the playoffs on the line.  there are a lot of dreamers on this

forum.  i'm more realistic.  this is the only way we are getting in.  know it, accept it, hope and pray for it

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*throws battery-laced snowballs*

Just now, joesixpack said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*throws battery-laced snowballs*

i'm not saying it's impossible.  i'm saying this is our best chance and it seems doable.  let's make it happen!

5 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

IMO they need to win out.  Highly doubt 9-7 gets it done

We need help for sure. I am hoping Cincy gives Marvin Lewis one last W week 17 against the Ravens or P-P-P-Petty and the Jets pull one out next week against the Chargers. They have been playing everyone tough and even played the Saints tough with the backup QB in. Wouldn't count out the Raiders in the spoiler role week 17 either. Plenty of avenues as long as we win at least one of the last two. Loving the feeling of being in it all the way to the last week either way.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Is this correct?

ESPN playoff machine 

have at it.  All the scenarios you can dream of are there for you to create.