Kaep will sit at table with Owners: What would you ask him?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if they are? The guy has intentionally harmed their business for his own ends.

I'd blackball him too.

It's a tricky spot --

I agree that a business owner shouldn't have to take a hit because of an employee wanting to demonstrate. These owners are about making money and if they think they would make less with him it's a fair choice.

I also think of all the places fans could draw the line it's a bit disheartening that a player quietly kneeling for what he believes is helping his fellow man is where the line is drawn

(whether you agree with him and his view on the statistics or not - I think he genuinely sees a problem that he is trying to help fix at risk to his own well being)

It's a tricky spot --

I agree that a business owner shouldn't have to take a hit because of an employee wanting to demonstrate. These owners are about making money and if they think they would make less with him it's a fair choice.

I also think of all the places fans could draw the line it's a bit disheartening that a player quietly kneeling for what he believes is helping his fellow man is where the line is drawn

(whether you agree with him and his view on the statistics or not - I think he genuinely sees a problem that he is trying to help fix at risk to his own well being)

Yes, very tricky. If he was a real football first guy, willing to act like a backup and earn his way back in, skip the Castro shirts and dump the girlfriend with the racist tweets, his road would be much easier. I’m all for equality, but he doesn’t do anything to make his life easier, and he does fairly little to make the lives of others better.

See Chris Long. I respect that far more. (Though I know Kaep has been committed with $$$)

So Colin, why do you think all or most white people are racist and why do you think you can use the NFLs airtime to let everyone know?

Hey, I don’t love the guy, but he never said that to my knowledge. ANY is what he’s after I think, and it’s mostly geared towards cops. It was poorly thought out and managed, and it’s morphed into something else.

Last year he openly acknowledged his protest could jeopardize his career. Seemed genuine until he lost his job and filed a law suit.

Yes, very tricky. If he was a real football first guy, willing to act like a backup and earn his way back in, skip the Castro shirts and dump the girlfriend with the racist tweets, his road would be much easier. Im all for equality, but he doesnt do anything to make his life easier, and he does fairly little to make the lives of others better.

See Chris Long. I respect that far more. (Though I know Kaep has been committed with $$$)

Chris longs base salary was $1m and kaepernick pledged and I believe did donate $1m last year.

I think CK did some incredibly immature stuff (see pig socks) along the way but I'll likewise give him some credit for bringing the discussion to the dinner table, to the executive board room and so on... And that often takes abrasive acts and making people uncomfortable.

Having seen you talk about experiences with loved ones with addiction - I'm sure you have seen plenty of middle class Americas aversion to having tough conversations. It comes with some rough patches but I still think there's something to be said for talking about those tough topics so I give him some credit as a guy in his mid 20s sparking national discussion (for better and worse)

Last year he openly acknowledged his protest could jeopardize his career. Seemed genuine until he lost his job and filed a law suit.

So he's allowed no interest in pursuing his own career in parallel?

You can acknowledge you are risking something but still be willing to fight for it, no? Or once you make the statement you just have to grin and watch those that oppose you bury you because you knew there was risk of backlash?

Why did you decline your player option if no other teams were interested?

Why did you donate money to assatas daughters?

Did you begin kneeling so Chip Kelly wouldn't cut because he didn't want to be called a racist?

Can you read a defense yet?

Then he would answer - how f-ing stupid are you people? I was going to be cut if I didn't decline the option. Why do you keep saying things that aren't true. How can I get a fair chance if people have no idea what they're talking about.

It's a privilege and NOT A RIGHT to play in the NFL...

He isn't good enough to take the baggage

It's neither a privilege or a right to play in the NFL- it's earned by physical ability and many years of hard work, with a little luck probably in there somewhere.

Pay particular attention to section C,D and I. At virtually every major sporting event the flag is flown horizontally. Ever seen a guy in an American Flag shirt or how about a flag on a beer can? According to the code all are disrespectful.

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

© The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

It's especially disrespectful to fly a confederate flag, as it represents a enemy of the United States. That should make the list.

You can acknowledge you are risking something but still be willing to fight for it, no? Or once you make the statement you just have to grin and watch those that oppose you bury you because you knew there was risk of backlash?

He can do as he pleases. I can think and express what I think.

I find it hypocritical that he acknowledged and accepted that his protest could jeopardize his career and then filed a lawsuit when it actually did.

Chris longs base salary was $1m and kaepernick pledged and I believe did donate $1m last year.

I think CK did some incredibly immature stuff (see pig socks) along the way but I'll likewise give him some credit for bringing the discussion to the dinner table, to the executive board room and so on... And that often takes abrasive acts and making people uncomfortable.

Having seen you talk about experiences with loved ones with addiction - I'm sure you have seen plenty of middle class Americas aversion to having tough conversations. It comes with some rough patches but I still think there's something to be said for talking about those tough topics so I give him some credit as a guy in his mid 20s sparking national discussion (for better and worse)

I’m surprised Chris Long was “only” $1mil as a heard he’d earned about $89 mil to date, but that’s not the point. (Still, props to the man!)

I think Kaep’s message was well intentioned, but poorly managed and was quickly lost for that reason. It morphed into the flag, the military and all kinds of stuff. There is no question that there is an issue regarding equal treatment from police.

Yes, I’ve been open about my family experience with addiction, and I think that needs to be discussed even more openly. Certainly the same is true with race relations. I spend most days at a park where I’m usually the only white guy. They seem more ticked of at Kaep than I am, but for complicated reasons. The feeling is know what you are, earn yourself a place on a team as a QB and get back in the game. If you're good enough, you can get away with almost anything!

If you are borderline and just keep undermining yourself, you have no place to complain. Equality means weighing ALL factors and determining who is the best fit.

I find it hypocritical that he acknowledged and accepted that his protest could jeopardize his career and then filed a lawsuit when it actually did.

I don't know what happened and neither do you. Fwiw, I was not in favor of him doing this, or a couple of the things he has done since.

That said, I don't think that just because he said what he did negates what he is doing now. He said, rightfully, that he knew this could jeopardize his career. There were a few different ways that could have happened. If, however, he found out that he was actually blackballed by the owners and/or league getting together, then it's possible that his feelings legitimately changed.

I have no idea if the owners colluded. I can easily understand how an individual owner would decide that Kaep at this point in his career was not worth all the crap that would invariably ensue with his signing. That's a legit stance and one I may even make myself. But that is not the same thing as being colluded against and blackballed. His complaint and lawsuit may be garbage and it may be legit.

It doesn't mean that he can't take action on the owners colluding against him, just because he thought there was a possibility the owners might collude.

It doesn't mean that he can't take action on the owners colluding against him, just because he thought there was a possibility the owners might collude.

Does anyone really think the owners/GMs sat around a table and said hey, lets forgo winning additional games next year and just not let that guy back in, or maybe each team decided he might be better than our bottom third/planned to be dumped starter, but not much better than the backup......... and take all the grief.

He can take any action he wants. He just keeps stirring his own pot of **** There are consequences. I wont say hes wrong, but it was horribly executed.

Edited by Augie

I think Kaep’s message was well intentioned, but poorly managed and was quickly lost for that reason. It morphed into the flag, the military and all kinds of stuff. There is no question that there is an issue regarding equal treatment from police.

I don't think the message was mismanaged at all. I know the reason for the protest. You know the reason for the protest. People who pay attention know the reason for the protest. There was never any equivocation about what the protest dealt with.

What happened is a group of people, led by the President and the Hannity's of the world, created a false narrative (imagine that), that the protest was about something other than what it was stated to be about. The question is why? The answer is they and many of the folks who follow behind them don't care about the issues that caused the protest in the first place; or in some cases, there are people who might care about the issues in a theoretical way, but are at a loss on how to deal with it, and therefore hide behind the diversion of the means of protest; which is a useless postion. These are the same people who in the 60s would have decried discrimination, swear up and down they have nothing against any group of people, yet say literally or figuratively, "if they would only stop marching or demonstrating..." Then churches would not have been bombed, people hung, falsely imprisoned, maimed, etc...

It's ironic that men at peak physical condition and in many cases larger than the general population of the world not using their physcial prowess, but taking a knee, silently, has caused so much false trauma to so many.

Martavius Bryant (Steelers) was demoted to the Scout Squad and is inactive for this Sunday. The coaches are clearly taking this step in response to his demands for a trade and public comments. Has this kid been blackballed too? Dont coaches/GMs and owners have a right to say who plays and who sits?

The invite for kaep smells like a PR move to me. Maybe a further effort to placate the remaining protesting players? Ikd i would not put anything past goodell and the league.

Anyways that being said i am not digging this morphing of the issue from its orginial intent to stick up for colin he needs to play. I agree with what Kaepernick was protesting originally and i have no problems with the way he did it. But for Cam and Michael Bennett and whoever else claiming that Colin is being blackballed is a stretch. Even if their was a team he could help (Jets?) thats assuming that club wants help. Bringing in a competent QB could f-up a teams plans.

Maybe Kaepernick deserves a job, another chance. But hes going about it the wrong way for sure.

Or, more likely (and hopefully), they'll engage in a meaningful, adult conversation through which everyone can reach a common understanding and a clear direction on where to go next.

Yeah Kap can next go to Krogers for minimum wage bagging groceries. ;)

You don't fix society by redistributing wealth,thats called communism ;)

Every person is responsible for themselves,stay in school ,stay off drugs,get a job and obey the the law and and its amazing how much better your life can be.

Yeah Kap can next go to Krogers for minimum wage bagging groceries. ;)

You don't fix society by redistributing wealth,thats called communism ;)

Every person is responsible for themselves,stay in school ,stay off drugs,get a job and obey the the law and and its amazing how much better your life can be.

What in the name of holy !@#$ are you talking about?

Pay particular attention to section C,D and I. At virtually every major sporting event the flag is flown horizontally. Ever seen a guy in an American Flag shirt or how about a flag on a beer can? According to the code all are disrespectful.

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

© The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Bottom line - the "offended" are full of ****!