How many classes did you fail in school?

Another Fan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a D in calculus. I thought that was misleading because it implied I knew something. That was not accurate. I only knew where the classroom was, I had no idea what was happening inside that room. I took it the second time with Easy Ike (a/k/a Fr Eisenhower) instead of the Dean of the Math Dept. I was giddy with my easy “A“ thinking it was some abbreviated form of calculus and I was taking a short cut. As it turns out, it was the exact same stuff and you can make calculus hard, or you can make it easy.

Got a D in photography. The class voted one of my photos the best of the semester. I turned out to do photography for part of my work life. Who knows sometimes.

From a different instructor, the finest artist I've ever known got an F. I got an A.... and I'm most certainly not the finest artist I've ever known.

Spanish in high school because I just didn't care.

My teacher told me before the final if I still wanted to take it because there's no way I can pass. I said no.

Oh man, this just reminded me of a Spanish gal who got a D-something in my high school Spanish 1 class. Jorge Peraza was the teacher, he later got busted for having relations with his gal students. Dude assigned seating to have the hot chicks sit around his desk, so I guess it was kinda in the open.

My Spanish 3 teacher, Ms. Wolf, had the hots for me- I totally knew it.... innocent of all charges, but I got an A

If you have kids, definitely be on the lookout for the llllanguage instructors!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

i didn't bother handing in daily assignments for typing in Frosh year, barely passed.

maybe i just talked to friends the whole class and didn't diligently sit there and grind out the assignments.

Oh man, this just reminded me of a Spanish gal who got a D-something in my high school Spanish 1 class. Jorge Peraza was the teacher, he later got busted for having relations with his gal students. Dude assigned seating to have the hot chicks sit around his desk, so I guess it was kinda in the open.

My Spanish 3 teacher, Ms. Wolf, had the hots for me- I totally knew it.... innocent of all charges, but I got an A

If you have kids, definitely be on the lookout for the llllanguage instructors!

Did he audition the girls before class, make everyone stand by the chalkboard and let the hotties sit in the front rows?

Got an F in "Beginning Weight Training" at SUNY Brockport. I never went to the class, applied for an incomplete, with every thought of finishing it the next semester after an internship on Capitol Hill. Well, I was fortunate to land a job on the Hill, never went back and needed only two classes to get my degree at George Mason.

Administration at Brockport refused to pull the F off my transcripts after my numerous attempts to do so. I'm still bitter about it to this day. I have a 3.5 ungrad GPA, a 3.75 in my major, political science, and that freakin' F stands out like a sore thumb. Bastards.

I got a D in calculus. I thought that was misleading because it implied I knew something. That was not accurate. I only knew where the classroom was, I had no idea what was happening inside that room. I took it the second time with Easy Ike (a/k/a Fr Eisenhower) instead of the Dean of the Math Dept. I was giddy with my easy “A“ thinking it was some abbreviated form of calculus and I was taking a short cut. As it turns out, it was the exact same stuff and you can make calculus hard, or you can make it easy.

Math was my nemesis. Just couldn't get beyond simple addition/subtraction. Hated division. Detested geometry and algebra. Failed a semester of Algebra (and my teacher was horrible...in the system 40+ years, may have been drunk many days). Ended up passing the final by the skin of my teef.

That's when I decided to become an English major.