Is this sunday the biggest game in Buffalo in years?

I disagree. I do not think this defense is over rated.... I think it is manned with a lack of solid depth. There is just too much of a drop off between most of the starters and the back ups.

I guess we just have to see what Carr, Brady, Smith do to it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you weren't furious after the Bills imploded against the Raiders last year knowing they had a real shot at the playoffs still? I was so angry I almost threw the remote at the tv and upset my young son.

Yes we have a new coach, but we are not even 12 months removed from that game.

Key of course is going to be the defense and what they do against the Raiders but early returns aren't promising if you consider what this team has given up the last two games in terms of passing yards, TD's, and points.

If you don't get that the current D staff is miles better than the Ryan bros then it's clear you just come in here to troll.

I disagree. I do not think this defense is over rated.... I think it is manned with a lack of solid depth. There is just too much of a drop off between most of the starters and the back ups.

Our front seven has vastly improved stopping the run, but that is somewhat misleading because teams have had a lot of success against us throwing the ball specifically the last 2 games.

Biggest issue is the LB's in coverage and I disagree with the depth comment, we are sorely lacking in key areas especially the secondary.

If we see this defense let up 300+ yards passing and 20+ points for the 3rd straight game it's time to be very concerned.

If we see this defense let up 300+ yards passing and 20+ points for the 3rd straight game it's time to be very concerned.

Okay.... I see where you are coming from. However, you DO realize that 24 out of 32 teams so far this year give up 20 pts per game? Which is 75% of the league? The Bills are averaging 16.8 which is 4th in the league (Seattle and Jacksonville (15.7) and Pittsburgh (16.6)). I just don't want to sensationalize nor do I want to follow the group think of hyperbole that we are doomed. However, I do realize it is a football forum and would be boring without such claims.

Important game, yes... biggest game of the drought, no. This game is just as important as the last 6.

The Raiders looked better last week, it will be a good test if they can repeat that showing and if we can continue to hold up.

Next week will be just as important, if not more.

This is certainly a big game for this season, but it is not the most important game during the drought.

We are getting there though. If we can keep this rolling we will be playing some very big games in O.P. soon enough.

You want a huge game?

Sunday December 3rd at home against the Patriots.

If we continue to win and have a strong record going into that game, it is going to feel like the Superbowl.

Let's say we find a way past the Raiders which will be tough.

Then beat the Jets on the road. Then home against Saints.

We could be 7-2 after that....

Let's say maybe 8-3 after the Chiefs game...

An 8-3 Bills teams playing at home against what will probably be the division leading Patriots would be a huge game for this franchise.

i dont see that at all. Its way too early to think winning this game means anything. Jmo

He may be overstating it a bit, but I also think you are understating it as well.

It is not unreasonable to believe that there may be a chance that the Raiders will be a team we will be competing with for a playoff birth. Defeating them and then possibly getting this tiebreaker against them could end up meaning a lot to this team.

So I'd say it is a pretty important game.

Edited by Magox

Its one of the biggest thats for sure, how anyone could say its not idk. If we want a wild card spot its huge. Oakland is gunning to get back into it. If miami wins tomorrow night then it makes it a little bit bigger too

I think if you dont think its a big game you are getting caught up in oaklands current record. I do think they were a bit overrated coming into this year, they won a bunch of close games last year while converting a bunch of 4th downs. But they still made the playoffs and the guys better be ready

Edited by BillsSbSoon

It is a big game. Maybe even a turn the corner kind of game. The Raiders notoriously play poorly in Buffalo. I think our last 2 loses in Oakland we blew leads late. Carr is going to want to chuck it deep. Our safeties have to be ready. And If it does rain it slighly favors us...

This is a big game. No doubt about it. Starting 4-2 is nothing new for us during the drought. What would be new is actually winning a tough game home or away to climb to 5-2. It seems like clockwork, come the last weekend of October or the first weekend of November we lose 3 out of 4 that really brings us down to earth. Then in late December we win 3 out of 4 only to look back and wonder what could have been had we not had our mid-season collapse.

Raiders could easily be a 5-2 team right now if Carr never goes down.

The Bills were 4-2 last year going into a key game against the Fins who were still finding themselves. The Bills lost and the Fins went on a huge run to get into the playoffs. This weeks game is huge but its far too early to say that it is any bigger than a lot of other games the Bills have had after hot starts. I will say this IF the Bills win on Sunday and are 5-2 then the Jets game will be one of the biggest games for the Bills in a decade. Not only a key divisional game but a win there would put the Bills at 6-2 on the season a pretty insane first half that sets them up well for the second half of the season.

This is a big game. No doubt about it. Starting 4-2 is nothing new for us during the drought. What would be new is actually winning a tough game home or away to climb to 5-2. It seems like clockwork, come the last weekend of October or the first weekend of November we lose 3 out of 4 that really brings us down to earth. Then in late December we win 3 out of 4 only to look back and wonder what could have been had we not had our mid-season collapse.

Raiders could easily be a 5-2 team right now if Carr never goes down.

In 2014 the Bills faced a woeful Raiders team and were 8-6 going into that game. Had the Bills won that game they might have been able to make the playoffs at 10-6. The two wildcard spots went to the 10-5-1 Bengals and the 10-6 Ravens. Hypothetically the Bills had they won that game in Oakland they would have been 9-6 going into a Pats game that they won (Brady got pulled in the second half because the game meant nothing to the Pats even if the Bills were 9-6 that game still would have meant nothing standings wise, although the Bills were winning at halftime after Brady had played a full half.)

Not sure how the tiebreaker between the Bills and Ravens broke-down that year. Both teams would have been 6-6 in conference but the Bills were 4-2 in their division compared to the Ravens who were 3-3 in their division. Not sure exactly how everything else broke down tiebreaker wise. But that late season loss to the Raiders was a back breaker. Directly killed the Bills chances of making the playoffs that year in a game that the Bills should have won.

Edited by billsfan89

If you don't get that the current D staff is miles better than the Ryan bros then it's clear you just come in here to troll.

Run defense is no doubt better, but we are currently ranked 21st overall in yards allowed and this is a fact no matter how you spin it.

Also fact, Bills defense has given up nearly 800 yards passing in the last two games, 4 passing TD's (after zero in the first 4 games), and 47 points.

Again, we aren't trending in the right direction but I do have a lot more faith (so far) in McD and Frazier even if I'll never be a big believer in the classic 'bend but don't break' style of defense.