Week 7: Bucs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

@Nick_Wojton

This might sound crazy, but things might finally be turning around for #Bills DT Marcell Dareus. Here's more: http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/bills-things-could-finally-be-heading-in-the-right-direction-for-marcell-dareus-20171017

Buffalo fell 20-16 against the Bengals, but Dareus had a tackle and his first sack on the season. For McDermott , the things that don’t show up on Dareus’ stat line has most impressed him.

“The thing about playing defensive tackle is it’s the inside push. It’s the inside presence, not only in the run game but the pass game as well. We’re going to continue to harp on that,” McDermott said.

According to McDermott, that push has allowed others, specifically Jerry Hughes, to thrive.

“When you look at what we’ve done outside with Jerry (Hughes), we found going through the bye week, we can get even more production if we continue to get that inside push and that’s going to be a big part of Marcell’s job moving forward,” McDermott said.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think us fans are due for the Bills to put a royal beat-down on somebody and I really hope it's coming soon. No more of this stress with 2 minutes to go in the 4th please!

Yes would to see this however when we get our 6-7 point lead im expecting Dennision to shut down the offence and play ever so carefully like he seems to do....

Adam Caplan‏V @caplannfl 7 minutes ago
More#Bills worked out QB Matt Simms and WR Deonte Thompson.
Curious we worked out Matt "Backward Pass" Simms.

I remember that play........that was awesome!

Also, in a weird scheduling quirk, this game will mark only the second time ever that these two teams have met in Buffalo, where the Buccaneers have never won (0-1).[/size][/size][/font][/color]

How is that possible?? Haven't the Bucs been in the league for like 40+ years??

You are incorrect, sir. You put off the lower percentage play as long as you can.

By your logic its low percentage so why finish the game depending on it? You have time to know for certain how many scores you need.

It has something to do with El Pegual owning three sports franchises in the same city.

Yeah, I hit the Googs to learn more about it, and this page on the Bucs site goes pretty in depth on the Bills/Bucs series history. They never came to Buffalo until 2009. But we played them eight times in Tampa from 1976 to 2005. But it doesn't explain why the schedule was so quirky like that. I know the expansion and realignment in 2002 lead to the current scheduling format for inter-conference games. But still. So weird.

http://m.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Series-History-Bucs-Bills/483ece0a-576b-4227-89af-828f26776890

Chris Brown and Head Coach Sean McDermott talk about coming off the bye week, eliminating negative plays, Tampa Bay's offensive weapons, and a fan asks coach a question.

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks preview the Week 7 matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Buffalo Bills.

@buffalobills

McDermott: “Tyrod has had some very good days and playoff caliber moments. You want to see the offense move and grow as the season goes on.”

DMbKgheXkAE-g9L.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

CB EJ Gaines, CB Leonard Johnson, WR Jordan Matthews will be limited at practice today. Cordy Glenn will be a full participant.

@MatthewFairburn

Jordan Matthews will be limited in practice today. Cordy Glenn will participate in full.

@WGR550

McDermott - I know Fitzpatrick is a really good QB, he was really well liked when he was here in Buffalo #Bills

McDermott - I like Deonte Thompson's speed. He's also physical, willing to block in the run game and play special teams #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on new WR Deonte Thompson: "Well, I like his speed."

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott says you keep in mind the constant flux at WR when evaluating Tyrod Taylor, but the offense has to move. #Bills

McDermott calls Tampa Bay's Gerald McCoy "a force" and says he can wreck a gameplan. #Bills

McDermott says he doesn't worry about chemistry on offense with this team as changes continues at WR and OL

@SalSports

"The greatest part about good football teams is they are very unselfish and they evolve throughout the year." - Sean McDermott

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: winning at home goes long way in attaining our goals. 3 of #Bills next 4 in Buffalo.

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott on Cordy Glenn: I feel like we're heading in the right direction towards getting him back.

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott says you keep in mind the constant flux at WR when evaluating Tyrod Taylor, but the offense has to move. #Bills

McDermott calls Tampa Bay's Gerald McCoy "a force" and says he can wreck a gameplan. #Bills

Sal Capaccio Retweeted

This is amazing. Look where Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy is, and how quickly, on these 4 plays compared to everyone else! This happened almost all game.

@JonScottTV

WATCH: @AndyYoungTV and I discuss the latest with the #Bills as they gear up to face TB, including evaluating Tyrod and maybe facing Fitz

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/920654256474030080/pu/vid/1280x720/RqnpuQfrbETS6vo_.mp4

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott says Tyrod Taylor's had some "playoff caliber" moments this season, but offense needs to move better. #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/920655206077038593/pu/vid/1280x720/b4AxsM82nsBH4Rf9.mp4

getting Matthews back will be huge. Also like the addition of WR Thompson. Speed and size that K. Clay lacks. Would love to see Logan Thomas more involved. O'Leary is the real deal. I think the offense should be okay. We just need some backup RB's.

@SalSports

Tyrod Taylor on critics: "I don't necessarily hear it. I stay away from the media." Wants to focus on Tampa Bay.

@buffalobills

“Our team used the Bye Week to get healthy. We scouted ourselves and have to get the running game going while eliminating negative plays.”

DMbiYjGW0AAY045.jpg

Does this mean they abandoned the outside zone and are going back to power and inside zone?

@MatthewFairburn

Looks like Bills LB Ramon Humber just has a brace in his right thumb. Doing some conditioning off to the side. He's "week-to-week."

@thadbrown7

FWIW, Glenn 1st up in individual drills at LT. Dawkins still taking "1st team" reps

Ducasse also in #1 group with OL individuals

@AndyYoungTV

Michael Vick watching #Bills practice. #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

DMbtWYuW4AAWJ0X.jpg

Yeah, I hit the Googs to learn more about it, and this page on the Bucs site goes pretty in depth on the Bills/Bucs series history. They never came to Buffalo until 2009. But we played them eight times in Tampa from 1976 to 2005. But it doesn't explain why the schedule was so quirky like that. I know the expansion and realignment in 2002 lead to the current scheduling format for inter-conference games. But still. So weird.

http://m.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Series-History-Bucs-Bills/483ece0a-576b-4227-89af-828f26776890

From what I remember, before the NFL implemented the current schedule rotation, they used a system that was based primarily off of "Strength of Schedule".

I don't know how it all worked, but it was far more complicated than today's system. Eventually the NFL saw how absurd it was that Tampa Bay had never played a game in Buffalo. There were other reasons as well. At the time they came up with the new scheduling system, the Packers had not played the Redskins in Washington in 19 years, and Dan Marino & John Elway having played for so many years and in the same conference only played against each other about 5-6 times in the regular season.

The original system was bizarre. I remember there was one season where the Giants & Lions played each other twice.