Bills reportedly interested in acquiring another RB

YoloinOhio

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peterson in particular, or that they're looking for another back? Because while I'd agree on AD I also think they'd be wise to have a better change of pace guy than Tolbert right now.

I meant about AP. But as much as we need to upgrade that position, there are more pressing imidiate needs like WR and O-line, maybe LB too. I can't see trading for an aging faded superstar.

if they liked him I think they would have at least kept him on our PS. When asked why they didn't sign him to the PS after he cleared waivers, McD said they "went a different direction." I don't think the Bills are interested in him.

I don't understand why when he clearly did well with his carries in preseason. I'm not saying he is amazing but he is someone we could theoretically call on for help.

If we dont find a way to bring in at least 1, possibly 2 starting caliber WRs during this bye week...Im going to start to get aggravated with this GM. I dont like a lot of the roster moves made in the offseason and early part of the season, not addressing the WR position with viable professionals is going to be inexcusable. I dont want to hear about next years draft. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can afford to give up a 3rd for a guy that can help us end the playoff drought. At some point you need to stop worrying about fairy tale futures and start taking advantage of the obtainable present

Everyone entitled to their perspective - but Bills are keeping their eye on the future. If report is accurate, Peterson is the perfect example of them giving up just a little to get through this year while not leveraging their greatest commodity: future assets to establish their type of player personnel.

agreed, this is a run first team and the depth is cringe-worthy

Furthermore, its amazing what a good running game will do for the passing game. And the available players maybe more of the running game variety - meaning, cost effective while still helping the Offense.

It would be nice if the Tolbert as the primary back up to McCoy experiment were over.

I just think Tolbert has a definite role and it's not backup. He's your short yardage/pass catching half/fullback, not a per se backup to McCoy.

Put it this way: I don't think backup RB is a particularly important position (I can't name Bell or Gurley's backup), but Tolbert's skillset seems particularly ill-suited to the job.

I just think Tolbert has a definite role and it's not backup. He's your short yardage/pass catching half/fullback, not a per se backup to McCoy.

Put it this way: I don't think backup RB is a particularly important position (I can't name Bell or Gurley's backup), but Tolbert's skillset seems particularly ill-suited to the job.

During the course a game Shady often raises his hand for his backup to come in and I also see Tolbert coming in quite a bit on 3rd downs. He has an important role in the offense, but IMO he's not up to the task.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Depends. I'd have T Jones in there some. But I'd throw an extra lineman and TE in and jam the ball down the other team's throats with Tolbert. Real old time football.

We'd see even more of a struggle on offense with him as the featured back being spelled by Jones and Banyard. :sick: