Sammy Watkins complaining about targets again

Rigotz

Some of you guys crack me up. Sammy is elite. Whether you like his personality or not is irrelevant. He was way underutilized in Buffalo because of the ground n pound philosophy along with a mediocre risk adverse qb. Now the Rams braintrust are making the same mistakes. Mark my words Sammy will land somewhere where he's featured.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys crack me up. Sammy is elite. Whether you like his personality or not is irrelevant. He was way underutilized in Buffalo because of the ground n pound philosophy along with a mediocre risk adverse qb. Now the Rams braintrust are making the same mistakes. Mark my words Sammy will land somewhere where he's featured.

define "elite". Is he a top 10 WR in the NFL, i would say he might squeeze in at the bottom, i dont cal that elite.

He apologized for quitting on a route Sunday. That should be a sufficient answer.

Did he really?

Then he complains about not getting targeted. this a few days after he admitted he was selfish in Buffalo.

Sammy do yourself a favor, through away your twitter account.

It's Week 6 of 17. He was traded to a new team in the middle of camp. Might want to hold off on that assessment until the season is up. :beer:

And would that justify quitting on a route? Because that bolded excuse is growing old quickly. How many more weeks does he need? 1? 2? The remainder of the season?

Regardless of that though, they sold him at a point when no one in the league knew if he was healthy. Even if they wanted to move from him, doing so when they did was selling him at his lowest possible value.

That's not good asset management under any definition.

You are assuming said asset would increase in value from what it was. So far, production to date appears to disapprove that assumption.

And if that production continues on the same level, then, no it was not bad asset management. They got what they could before his real value dropped even lower.

2 different teams, 3 different HC, 4 different OC, and yet nobody can figure out how to target Sammy more.

Time to start looking at the common denominator as the reason why: Sammy Watkins.

Sammy is putatively elite.

The proof of the pudding is lacking.

2 different teams, 3 different HC, 4 different OC, and yet nobody can figure out how to target Sammy more.

Time to start looking at the common denominator as the reason why: Sammy Watkins.

just like the CJ Spiller argument around here. Problem is too many idiots here think they know better than head coaches, and offensive coordinators in the NFL.

Humor them tho. It's funny to watch

Edited by mrags

Sammy is a good receiver. He is not a great receiver. You may think that he is elite because he was drafted 4th overall, but he is not. He is over rated. There is absolutely no evidence that he is elite, just your opinion. Having a few excellent games & a few great catches doesn't make a WR elite. Day in & day out production would bolster your argument . Maybe someday. We shall see. Again, he is good but must produce in order to be elite.

Thing is, the rams dont need Sammy. That's why he's not producing there. If he was here I'd almost guarantee he'd be around 350/400 yards because the bills desperately need a guy like him. I wouldn't be surprised if the rams trade him before 0ct 31

Edited by Steptide

And would that justify quitting on a route? Because that bolded excuse is growing old quickly. How many more weeks does he need? 1? 2? The remainder of the season?

Nothing justifies giving up on a route. I never claimed otherwise. But it happens... to more than just Sammy.

You are assuming said asset would increase in value from what it was. So far, production to date appears to disapprove that assumption.

Disagree. The only question other teams had about Watkins - and I'm basing this on what I've heard from actual people in the league - was about his ability to remain healthy. He hadn't played meaningful snaps in months and had spent the off season fending off questions about his foot. Health concerns cratered his value, justifiably so.

I completely agree it was a risk to hold onto him. Had he been injured in the first 5 weeks, then my point is moot. But had the Bills hung onto him for the first five games, not only would they probably be sitting at 5-0, his value would be far higher than it was in early August.