SAL M: Bills WRs have no business being starters.

JM2009

Zay is literally, inarguably, the worst starting wr in the league right now. I still think he is going to be good. But he has more drops than catches. I've never heard of that.

Oh, and he's the best we have.

I had to work through the game. All I saw was Kaelin Clay Vlad Ducasse and Zay Jones starting and i was very tempted to throw myself off of a roof. What coach.... what organization knowingly trots out that type.of rubbish and expects to win. That was poor personnel managememt.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was also in Sal M's article....

► Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more, at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

Whoops

For someone that cries so much about dishonest posting its absolutely hilarious that you would say something like this. Could you be anymore of a hypocrite right now?

Ive already said in another thread that Tyrod didnt have much to work with and both he and the offense played poorly. Unlike you, I dont feel the need to repeat myself in every thread.

This is what he does 22/7. Not 24, just 22.

Thats when we had Boldin. But he played 1 quarter with Taylor and decided he was wasting his time

He actually signed here because he worked with TT in Baltimore. He left right after Watkins was traded. This is what I mean by dishonest posting.

► Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more, at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

I understand that most QB's will have a losing record if they're trailing, that just makes sense...but this stat basically means if we are losing in the game by more than a field goal, we've already lost the game.

Did he mention who the WRs were for those 18 games? I'm sure it must've been the wide receivers fault. After reading this thread, it's clear that the WRs lost us this game.

TT played well the last 2 weeks. He played poorly today. He still has a few weeks to develop some consistency. I hope he can do just that.

I know who he is you fool. Ive just never cared what he has to say.

"Hes going to respond to this by either calling you a dishonest poster or posting a tweet from someone I never heard of to show you how wrong you are. " your exact words from post 33.

To be fair, we went hard after Jeremy Maclin. We signed Anquan Boldin and he suddenly ditched us to save the rain forest so I can't put all the blame all on Beane. Plus, I thought Zay would be better. Watkins trade hurt us in the short term but hopefully will help us in the long term (Watkins had zero catches today btw).

We reportedly lowballed Maclin. REPORTEDLY and I honestly. Dont blame Boldin. I seriously think he signed on becauae he was supposed to be situational. I think he signed to be a 4th wr and mentor. he didn't want to be a top option... And CERTAINLY not for 2.75 a season. I think once Sammy was gone he was ready to go too

Did he mention who the WRs were for those 18 games? I'm sure it must've been the wide receivers fault. After reading this thread, it's clear that the WRs lost us this game.

TT played well the last 2 weeks. He played poorly today. He still has a few weeks to develop some consistency. I hope he can do just that.

If he hasnt developed any kind of consistency over the last 2 years and 4 weeks then I dont expect it to happen over the BYE week.

He did play poorly today, and a big reason was the O line and no WRs. Ducasse has no business being in there.

He actually signed here because he worked with TT in Baltimore. He left right after Watkins was traded. This is what I mean by dishonest posting.

Do you know Anquan? did you ask him why he signed with Buffalo? Or is it just conjecture that "he signed here because he worked with TT in Baltimore? That's THE reason he signed here?

Do you know Anquan? did you ask him why he signed with Buffalo? Or is it just conjecture that "he signed here because he worked with TT in Baltimore? That's THE reason he signed here?

Money money money and no one else wanted him is my guess why he signed here.

Well we sucked with last year's receiving core as well. What's the common denominator?

Poor front office planning on planning for wide receivers and injuries.

I know it's "Taylor, it's Taylor!!!!!!" "He's the worst quarterback EVER!!" If Taylor had a game where he went 30 for 31 with 350 yards and 3 touchdowns, there are a handful here who would create threads afterwards complaining about his one incomplete pass.

When Taylor is eventually replaced by Peterman or a Rookie next year, most of these same people will be back doing the same thing to that quarterback as soon as the Bills lose a couple times with them starting.

By the way, I am not saying that Taylor is anything more than average. I don't get how the fact that Buffalo was down two lineman and had no reliable receivers or tight ends can be lost on some people.

Edited by dgrochester55

It's hard if not impossible to imagine any team going into a big game with Zay Jones in his condition, Kaelin Clay, Andre Holmes and Brandon Tate. I just find it hard to imagine.

I found it hard to imagine going into a big game against the Bengals with only four corners total, one of whom only plays inside and one of whom was signed two days earlier regardless of familiarity.

I found it hard to imagine starting an OG who hadn't been active by design any of the four games, with a bad career and a bad training camp, coming off two big upset wins.

Thats just weird. And it bit them on all three.

Poor front office planning on planning for wide receivers and injuries.

I know it's "Taylor, it's Taylor!!!!!!" "He's the worst quarterback EVER!!" If Taylor had a game where he went 30 for 31 with 350 yards and 3 touchdowns, there are a handful here who would create threads afterwards complaining about his one incomplete pass.

When Taylor is eventually replaced by Peterman or a Rookie next year, most of these same people will be back doing the same thing to that quarterback as soon as the Bills lose a couple times with them starting.

By the way, I am not saying that Taylor is anything more than average. I don't get how the fact that Buffalo was down two lineman and had no reliable receivers or tight ends can be lost on some people.

Well said.

It's hard if not impossible to imagine any team going into a big game with Zay Jones in his condition, Kaelin Clay, Andre Holmes and Brandon Tate. I just find it hard to imagine.

I found it hard to imagine going into a big game against the Bengals with only four corners total, one of whom only plays inside and one of whom was signed two days earlier regardless of familiarity.

I found it hard to imagine starting an OG who hadn't been active by design any of the four games, with a bad career and a bad training camp, coming off two big upset wins.

Thats just weird. And it bit them on all three.

I wonder if McDermott is truly using this season as his "see what I have" season. His first priority right now is 2018, not 2017.

To be fair, that's when Mathews wasn't hurt, Boldin wanted to play and Zay was going to be great. Those were good times.

Right now though Clays injury is the headline for the offense.

Ah yes! I remember them well. Zay the deep threat who catches everything and Matthews the durable receiver who had the greatest three years of production in NFL history.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

After 5 games I have no idea what our scouts saw in Zay Jones. He simply looks terrible out there. Jones looks slow and he can't create any separation. He looks like a PS caliber player, and he's currently our #1 guy.

The Bills need to make a trade for a WR this week and give them two weeks to learn the offense. The defense is outstanding, and the schedule gets pretty soft in the coming weeks. If Clay is lost for an extended period of time, we can't just plug our nose and hope Jones, Tate and O'Leary are going to get the job done.

Ah yes! I remember them well. Zay the deep threat who catches everything and Matthews the durable receiver had the greatest three years of production in NFL history.

Don't forget Bolden who's open even when he's not.

If only they could have had Sammys production today

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

At 3-1 after beating Denver and Atlanta, when 4-1 makes you 3-0 in conference? I find that hard to believe. ;)

He's still going to try and win this year, he isn't tanking. But all his decisions to me seem like 2018 decisions. Build a culture, collect draft picks, churn the roster to see who should stick. If it was year 3 and he felt like a Super Bowl run was possible we probably go all in on getting a receiver right now.

After 5 games I have no idea what our scouts saw in Zay Jones. He simply looks terrible out there. Jones looks slow and he can't create any separation. He looks like a PS caliber player, and he's currently our #1 guy.

The Bills need to make a trade for a WR this week and give them two weeks to learn the offense. The defense is outstanding, and the schedule gets pretty soft in the coming weeks. If Clay is lost for an extended period of time, we can't just plug our nose and hope Jones, Tate and O'Leary are going to get the job done.

FWIW it wasn't the scouts, it was our WR coach who happened to be Zay's coach in college. He told McDermott Zay would be special and he believed him. Whoops.

Edited by HappyDays

FWIW it wasn't the scouts, it was our WR coach who happened to be Zay's coach in college. He told McDermott Zay would be special and he believed him. Whoops.

McD drafted Tre. Whaley drafted everyone else.

Edited by Bangarang

Jones looks awful. He doesn't look like he belongs on the field at this point.

So much for him easily replacing Robert Woods' production.

Listen to some of Sal's soft, spoon-feeding, leading questions during post-game player interviews or at PCs...

"Lorenzo,what does this win today say about your team's ability to fight against adversity and come together when the going gets tough?"

:lol: