SAL M: Bills WRs have no business being starters.

JM2009

Listen to some of Sal's soft, spoon-feeding, leading questions during post-game player interviews or at PCs...

"Lorenzo,what does this win today say about your team's ability to fight against adversity and come together when the going gets tough?"

:lol:

Sal M is one of the harshest critics of the Bills.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McD drafted Tre. Whaley drafted everyone else.

I'll go to my grave believing Whaley had nothing to do with this draft and McD was running it with what he knew from Carolina's scouting. I'll never believe that Pegula let Whaley run it when he had every intention of firing him.

I'll go to my grave believing Whaley had nothing to do with this draft and McD was running it with what he knew from Carolina's scouting. I'll never believe that Pegula let Whaley run it when he had every intention of firing him.

Im with you on that

It's hard if not impossible to imagine any team going into a big game with Zay Jones in his condition, Kaelin Clay, Andre Holmes and Brandon Tate. I just find it hard to imagine.

I found it hard to imagine going into a big game against the Bengals with only four corners total, one of whom only plays inside and one of whom was signed two days earlier regardless of familiarity.

I found it hard to imagine starting an OG who hadn't been active by design any of the four games, with a bad career and a bad training camp, coming off two big upset wins.

Thats just weird. And it bit them on all three.

A rebuilding team is by definition an incomplete team. The team had glaring holes before the season even started because to state the obvious it didn't have enough talent to begin with. The Bills have accumulated picks instead of gratuitously given up picks because it wants to rebuild the roster primarily through the draft.

Entering the season especially after jettisoning some talent (most notably Watkins) I doubt that McDermott and the owner believed that their roster was good enough to make the playoffs. The wrestling coach could have used the same patchwork strategy that Whaley used and make this year's team a little better than it is now. But that wasn't part of his plan to comprehensively rework the roster and restructure the cap distribution.

I'm on board with what is going on. It's not so much about the now as it is about the future. It takes a lot of fortitude to absorb the punishment and indignities associated with rebuilding. There is no other way.

I think everyone realizes this.

And the bigger problem: they've accumulated picks, presumably with the intention of moving up to draft a QB. But the list of teams who need to draft a QB just keeps getting longer: add the Giants now, and (with the way Kizer is going) keep the Browns on the list too. So sooner or later one of those high picks will need to be used on a WR or TE, so it won't be around to get a QB. In other words ... the road is still a long one.

The owner wouldn't even allow the neutered GM to publicly speak on behalf of the organization. The wrestling coach was in command from the get go. Whaley wanted Taylor to be let go while the new HC wanted to keep him. The qb remained with the team. What you believe to be true is obviously true.

Trade for a real WR this week or just forget this season

They wont do it. They will not give up picks. The front office is looking at this season as a bonus. No one expected anything out of them. All their attention is on next year and beyond. Edited by Billznut

They wont do it. They will not give up picks. The front office is looking at this season as a bonus. No one expected anything out of them. All their attention is on next year and beyond.

Maybe there's someone stupid out there willing to take Dareus off our hands in exchange for a pass catcher.

A rebuilding team is by definition an incomplete team. The team had glaring holes before the season even started because to state the obvious it didn't have enough talent to begin with. The Bills have accumulated picks instead of gratuitously given up picks because it wants to rebuild the roster primarily through the draft.

Entering the season especially after jettisoning some talent (most notably Watkins) I doubt that McDermott and the owner believed that their roster was good enough to make the playoffs. The wrestling coach could have used the same patchwork strategy that Whaley used and make this year's team a little better than it is now. But that wasn't part of his plan to comprehensively rework the roster and restructure the cap distribution.

I'm on board with what is going on. It's not so much about the now as it is about the future. It takes a lot of fortitude to absorb the punishment and indignities associated with rebuilding. There is no other way.

+👍

Zay is literally, inarguably, the worst starting wr in the league right now. I still think he is going to be good. But he has more drops than catches. I've never heard of that.

Oh, and he's the best we have.

I don't think there's any way he gets "good". I think we have the next incarnation of TJ Graham/ Roscoe/ Goodwin/ etc.

I don't think there's any way he gets "good". I think we have the next incarnation of TJ Graham/ Roscoe/ Goodwin/ etc.

I'm gonna go with the "you gotta get open first in order to drop a pass." I think he'll be o.k. But that doesn't mean "great." I never thought he was a talent on the level of the Watkins-OBJ-Benjamin-etc. draft class, even though I read many times on this board that he was.

Sal needs to watch the KC game in progress. He has forgotten what a QB looks like.

CBs draped all over the WRs, yet Smith still throws the ball (yes, yes, into their hands instead of their azz) and believe it or not, the WRs and TEs actually catch the ball.

TT knows he isn't remotely accurate and refuses to throw the ball unless they are wide open.

Thus, today we suck.

Zay doesn't belong on an NFL field right now.

He's been the worst player on this team through 5 weeks.

He has dropped the ball alot yes, but having TT throwing it to him is a huge liability. If we had Dalton today, Zay puts up 100 yards and a TD.

Edited by 100DollarBills

He has dropped the ball alot yes, but having TT throwing it to him is a huge liability. If we had Dalton today, Zay puts up 100 yards and a TD.

LOL

Good one.

Hard to put up 100 yards when you drop more passes than you catch...

okp66FD.gif

You cant be serious. It doesnt matter if a combo of Mike Vick, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, and Tom Brady morphes into the ultimate qb and was throwing to Zay. If he doesnt catch the ball that hits his hands he cant get the 100 yards you are saying. Such terrible posting.

LOL

Good one.

Should he catch it if hits his hands, yes, but come on man TT is throwing ducks out there, behind the receivers, low passes, and not throwing it at all which leads to easy three and outs. TT is one of the worst QBs in the league, he is hardly any better than EJ freaking Manuel.

He's still going to try and win this year, he isn't tanking. But all his decisions to me seem like 2018 decisions. Build a culture, collect draft picks, churn the roster to see who should stick. If it was year 3 and he felt like a Super Bowl run was possible we probably go all in on getting a receiver right now.

They sign and cut guys every three days. Nothing they would have done this week would have affected the future by having an extra NFL wr, five Cbs instead of three and a street guy who made three bad plays late, or keeping with the line that just got two wins in upsets instead of putting in a bad player with a bad camp who was inactive the first month. That doesn't affect the plan or process.

LOL

Good one.

For sure. If he had Dalton throwing to him he would have had 6 drops out of 8 targets instead of 1 drop in 2. I understand he's a rook but I've seen nothing from him so far that makes me think he will ever amount to anything. I know I'm kinda on crusade right now so I apologize for that.. Just frustrated about the fact that the team thinks trotting this bunch of misfit WRs out there is ok.

What I described were unforced errors. Not Sammy trade. Just not addressing big game this week.

Should he catch it if hits his hands, yes, but come on man TT is throwing ducks out there, behind the receivers, low passes, and not throwing it at all which leads to easy three and outs. TT is one of the worst QBs in the league, he is hardly any better than EJ freaking Manuel.

Taylor is a low end starter on an offense devoid of pass catching talent.

Those things combined are a really bad combination for our offense.

For sure. If he had Dalton throwing to him he would have had 6 drops out of 8 targets instead of 1 drop in 2. I understand he's a rook but I've seen nothing from him so far that makes me think he will ever amount to anything. I know I'm kinda on crusade right now so I apologize for that.. Just frustrated about the fact that the team thinks trotting this bunch of misfit WRs out there is ok.

Jones has looked awful.

He doesn't belong on the field. He doesn't look like he should have been anything more than an UDFA.

Taylor is a low end starter on an offense devoid of pass catching talent.

Those things combined are a really bad combination for our offense.

I wouldn't sleep on Zay, dude will be special. TT on the other hand is straight trash.

Edited by 100DollarBills

ball placement, TT can't throw an accurate pass to save his life. The best pass i ever saw from him was to Tate, and that was a blue moon.

Please. I see guys make catches just like ones he drops in every game I watch. Specifically the one that hit him in the hands that he volleyed to Holmes and the long pass last week. He made harder catches in the Senior Bowl.

Do you think the passes are just too hard for him to catch?

Please. I see guys make catches just like ones he drops in every game I watch. Specifically the one that hit him in the hands that he volleyed to Holmes and the long pass last week. He made harder catches in the Senior Bowl.

Do you think the passes are just too hard for him to catch?

I agree he should make those catches, he is a rookie, he will have to adjust, but he has talent. I think better ball placement he would make the majority of those catches. Zay will be good for us, but not until we get a better QB.

ball placement, TT can't throw an accurate pass to save his life. The best pass i ever saw from him was to Tate, and that was a blue moon.

You must have missed last week's game where he threw several nice passes to a closely covered Charles Clay.

Lol. Dude dont bother; cant argue with dumb.

don't worry, TT is done this year anyways, then we won't have to watch this garbage.

You must have missed last week's game where he threw several nice passes to a closely covered Charles Clay.

Consistency, do you understand what that means? TT isn't consistent enough. The end.

Edited by 100DollarBills

I'm sick of .500 play, and half the time our Defense and running game wins those games. He is a game manager at best, that isn't going to get you wins in the playoffs.

The defense was the main reason the Bills didn't make the playoffs last season. 18-16 is above .500.

don't worry, TT is done this year anyways, then we won't have to watch this garbage.

Consistency, do you understand what that means? TT isn't consistent enough. The end.

He just had two fine games the last two weeks with a healthy offense. The only garbage is your posting, which sadly, we have to put up with.