Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

Dont you think that has to do more with personnel then him?

There were a couple he missed , I called it during the game( Atlanta) that he just has to hit. Maybe that is what I'm confusing on the Clay passes. There was no safety within ten yards, CB was on the outside and he dropped the ball on the outside when the inside was wide open and there for the taking.

The kind of pass we see Brady shred us on repeatedly.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me..... but in my defense, I may have been self medicating with a frothy beverage.... or three

Off topic joke :

Every day a guy goes into a bar and orders up three shots in a row and downs them all.

After weeks of this the bartender asks : What's with the three shots thing?

The guy says two are for my two brothers, who are fighting overseas.

Then the guy comes in and orders two shots.

With a sinking feeling, the bartender asks if his brothers are OK

Sure, the guy replies. But I quit drinking.

Edited by grb

It means they rushed him into starting and he got clobbered , never recovered, and had to transfer to Pittsburgh

His lack of recovery wasn't very apparent this pre season unless that is what caused him to get the ball out ASAP.

Admittedly, whether or not he can stretch the field remains to be seen. He can hit the short stuff with precision though and on a WCO that is important.

Off topic joke :

Every day a guy goes into a bar and orders up three shots in a row and downs them all.

After weeks of this the bartender asks : What's with the three shots thing?

The guy says two are for my two brothers, who are fighting overseas.

Then the guy comes in and orders two shots.

With a sinking feeling, the bartender asks if his brothers are OK

Sure, the guy replies. But I quit drinking.

Consider your joke stolen😂

A burger walks into a bar and says , " Bartender, give me a beer."

The bartender replies, " Sorry, we don't serve food here."

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Sigh. You made you pull out the calculator, damn you.

Plus-twenty yard pass plays AFTER Cincinnati :

Taylor : 12 out of 136.

Taylor : .088

Dak : .073

Russell : .084

Deshaun : .103

Rodgers : .089

Stafford : .064

Rivers : .072

Alex S : .089

I appreciate you looking this up but like I said previously, pushing the ball downfield doesnt have to mean throwing it deep.

His lack of recovery wasn't very apparent this pre season unless that is what caused him to get the ball out ASAP.

Admittedly, whether or not he can stretch the field remains to be seen. He can hit the short stuff with precision though and on a WCO that is important.

You are missing the point. He is still green.

The last time he was thrust in when he was green it went very badly.

If he has any chance of developing he must do it in practice first. Jeff Tuel got rid of the ball fast too...

Available personnel or lack thereof is a big part of the equation. It doesn't mean he's suddenly incapable of making deep throws.

I dont disagree to that point but he still has to find a way to try and move the ball through the air.

If he has any chance of developing he must do it in practice first. Jeff Tuel got rid of the ball fast too...

I hope you can admit that Peterman looks better than Tuel.

I get the whole, he's not ready thing but you don't know until you try. The kid has a moxie about him that is surprising for a rookie. Couple that with the recognition by many " Experts" as being the most Pro Ready QB in the past draft.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

I'm not sure what's going on but every time I see you post, it's blank. Is it my server or something?

Peterman is seeing the football field very well for a rookie and made his time under center during the preseason look like just another day at the office IMO.

Nathan Peterman and Jeff Tuel are miles apart...

Edited by Figster

If I use the reply function on my iPhone, half the time it doesn't attach to the original quote and ends up two or three spaces down so I use the edit function instead....... or maybe you blocked me at the end of the Moron or Rex eras when I was being weenyish?

Like this, four below the original quote

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Peterman is seeing the football field very well for a rookie and made his time under center during the preseason look like just another day at the office IMO.

Well he came from an offense where he was under center all the time. He should be comfortable

He needs to adjust to the speed. Not pre season speed. Real NFL speed

At the end of the day Taylor simply isn't a fit for this offense and what Dennison/McD are trying to do.

They have been fortunate to win with smoke and mirrors so far and I certainly don't blame Taylor for the injuries that are piling up right on cue this time of year in Buffalo, but at the end of the day you have to give your offensive skill players a chance and Taylor doesn't do that.

The book is out on this offense and the days of seeing McCoy and the running game go for 150+ a week are long over and not coming back until we can prove we can get the ball downfield and find guys in the middle open.

And once again Taylor proved he can't lead a 4th quarter comeback and turned the ball over the first chance he's actually taken in weeks. It's time for a change and both fans and the Bills organization is kidding themselves if they believe otherwise.

We're 3-2, I know others have said here, but that's pretty good in the league right now. Is 4-1 better? Sure, so's 5-0, point is they aren't in a place to just hand it over when they've only played 5 games with TT in their new offense. Everything's still taking shape.

And idk what you mean by offensive skill players...right now Shady is the only one. Clay finally showed up this year, but he went down yesterday. Matthews is our only WR skill player by default but having watched him in Philly every week prior to his trade and my personal move across the country, he's a solid WR2 on a playoff worthy team.

And he can't lead a 4th quarter comeback 100% of the time. It's more the lack of consistency in getting an offense to convert first downs more than 60% of your possessions. I can't remember the last time I watched out offense take the field and feel confident in the fact that they will move the ball. But again, new year, system, and plenty of injuries providing variables.

Just wait and see what comes out the other end of the bye week. Two weeks to prepare for TB at home (two roommates are bucs fans and this is a very beatable team, but easy to lose to if we don't come out focused). Great trial game for us to see how the new regime handles regrouping at the bye week.

I hope you can admit that Peterman looks better than Tuel.

I get the whole, he's not ready thing but you don't know until you try. The kid has a moxie about him that is surprising for a rookie. Couple that with the recognition by many " Experts" as being the most Pro Ready QB in the past draft.

He's pro ready because he spent tons of time under center in a pro style offense. He was almost viewed as a guaranteed backup. He has a high floor. He is ready to be a backup right now

He needs to adjust to the speed of the game. Let him sit a year. Look what it did for simian.

He is obviously a better QB than Jeff Tuel

Well he came from an offense where he was under center all the time. He should be comfortable

He needs to adjust to the speed. Not pre season speed. Real NFL speed

I think Ravens 1st line of defenders were coming at N Peterman with bad intentions during the preseason and the concerned look on the face of the opposing DC on the opposite sideline said it all as the kid continued to make plays against them.

We're 3-2, I know others have said here, but that's pretty good in the league right now. Is 4-1 better? Sure, so's 5-0, point is they aren't in a place to just hand it over when they've only played 5 games with TT in their new offense. Everything's still taking shape.

And idk what you mean by offensive skill players...right now Shady is the only one. Clay finally showed up this year, but he went down yesterday. Matthews is our only WR skill player by default but having watched him in Philly every week prior to his trade and my personal move across the country, he's a solid WR2 on a playoff worthy team.

And he can't lead a 4th quarter comeback 100% of the time. It's more the lack of consistency in getting an offense to convert first downs more than 60% of your possessions. I can't remember the last time I watched out offense take the field and feel confident in the fact that they will move the ball. But again, new year, system, and plenty of injuries providing variables.

Just wait and see what comes out the other end of the bye week. Two weeks to prepare for TB at home (two roommates are bucs fans and this is a very beatable team, but easy to lose to if we don't come out focused). Great trial game for us to see how the new regime handles regrouping at the bye week.

Seven of sixteen AFC teams are 3-2. No 4-1 and one 5-0.

Today's NFL which gives the illusion of having a chance.

He was a 4.54 guy with a low of 4.44. He could run. Not a huge speed guy of course but 4.5 at 6-5 is a dangerous player. He could get open, too.

I think Ravens 1st line of defenders were coming at N Peterman with bad intentions during the preseason and the concerned look on the face of the opposing DC on the opposite sideline said it all as the kid continued to make plays against them.

Even McDermott said it's just preseason.

It means nothing. It will end up badly for the kid if we throw him to the wolves with no line, no run game and no reliable receivers.

It was preseason.

He was a 5th round pick. Let him sit. 1st round QBs used to sit back in the day

Edited by Buffalo716

I know everything is doom and gloom right now, and I'm all for Peterman starting, but with our schedule coming up, the bills could be 5-2 and theirs no way they'll bench Tyrod. Our schedule looks much easier than originally anticipated

If I use the reply function on my iPhone, half the time it doesn't attach to the original quote and ends up two or three spaces down so I use the edit function instead....... or maybe you blocked me at the end of the Moron or Rex eras when I was being weenyish?

I've only been here for a few months so I wouldn't have seen that.

Also, I don't block anyone unless they tell me I'm terrible for never seeing an episode of Game of Thrones.

I've only been here for a few months so I wouldn't have seen that.

Also, I don't block anyone unless they tell me I'm terrible for never seeing an episode of Game of Thrones.

I've never seen it either and so many people say I'm crazy for not watching lol

Tyrod- 1-11 when throwing over 30 times

12 games since the beginning of 2016 throwing for UNDER 195 yards

2 4th quarter "comebacks" one of which he threw for 111 yards and another under 190

At what point is he better than basically anyone? Peterman included.

I just can't get into that genre of television.

My favorite shows right now are Better Call Saul, Homeland and Shameless. Netflix has a show called Atypical that is good too...new show only one season. It's about an autistic 18 year old with zero social skills trying to fall in love (Awwwwww! I know). But he's so awkward in social skills it's actually funny.

I'm about to drop The Walking Dead. It's just getting too corny for me.

I just can't get into that genre of television.

My favorite shows right now are Better Call Saul, Homeland and Shameless. Netflix has a show called Atypical that is good too...new show only one season. It's about an autistic 18 year old with zero social skills trying to fall in love (Awwwwww! I know). But he's so awkward in social skills it's actually funny.

I'm about to drop The Walking Dead. It's just getting too corny for me.

I stopped after season 4. It's all boring talking now.

how can it be worse ??

in 5 games TT has thrown 2 interceptions.

in 5 games peterman will thow 10

Probably dead on with this. I also think you run the risk of ruining Peterman, let him brew for a season while Tyrod mans the ship and they figure out what they want their starting line to be. Next season Tyrod is gone and you let Peterman and the QB we draft battle it out to start behind a line the coaching staff wants.

He would probably say the same thing about Ducasse

Except he hasnt stated that about glenn and dareus. Its clear who he recognizes fervently as fitting his requirements and who doesnt.

Worse WRs!?!?!

WTF?!?!

This is an idiotic post.

Kendall Wright & Deonte Thompson (319 career catches prior to 2017) >>>>>>> Kaelin Clay & Zay Jones (ZERO career receptions prior to 2017)

I get that you're probably just a Troll, but this post is pitiful. :doh:

Dont for get about Wheaton.

Using Safari? Crappiest browser known to man, IE's kissing cousin. Put Firefox on your iphone and profit.

Edited by simool

You guys are both crazy!!!! Awesome show

Tyrod- 1-11 when throwing over 30 times

12 games since the beginning of 2016 throwing for UNDER 195 yards

2 4th quarter "comebacks" one of which he threw for 111 yards and another under 190

At what point is he better than basically anyone? Peterman included.

But, but, look at how few picks( or passes over the middle) he throws....?

Even McDermott said it's just preseason.

It means nothing. It will end up badly for the kid if we throw him to the wolves with no line, no run game and no reliable receivers.

It was preseason.

He was a 5th round pick. Let him sit. 1st round QBs used to sit back in the day

Do you think a 5th rounder will be afforded the same ooportunities as a 1st rounder?

Do you think Buffalo drafts a 1st round QB in the next draft to let him stand on the sidelines?

Do you think a 5th rounder will be afforded the same ooportunities as a 1st rounder?

Do you think Buffalo drafts a 1st round QB in the next draft to let him stand on the sidelines?

To answer your question No. 5th round QBs usually aren't afforded the same opportunities as a 1st rounder. BUT I don't subscribe to that approach and neither should McDermott.

Trevor simian is a 7th rounder who recently has beaten out a first rounder twice because he is better

Our fans are delusional I swear.

After a loss it's bench Taylor, after a win it's the Patriots are asking to be toppled.

I think the level headed fans see the teams lack of depth everywhere (years of horrible drafting) has made this a house of cards offense.

Peterman is a backup QB.

Don't know who your talking to but Tyrod hasn't had one game this season that gave me enough confidence in him to take out NE. Level headed fans know Tyrod is what he is, not good enough. Tyrod plays like backup and he was drafted to be a backup.

Probably dead on with this. I also think you run the risk of ruining Peterman, let him brew for a season while Tyrod mans the ship and they figure out what they want their starting line to be. Next season Tyrod is gone and you let Peterman and the QB we draft battle it out to start behind a line the coaching staff wants.

No such thing as this ruin him garbage. He will learn more playing then sitting on the bench watching a backup play.

Did it benefit Tyrod from sitting all those years, if it did I'm not impressed

Edited by xRUSHx

Don't know who your talking to but Tyrod hasn't had one game this season that gave me enough confidence in him to take out NE. Level headed fans know Tyrod is what he is, not good enough. Tyrod plays like backup and he was drafted to be a backup.

No such thing as this ruin him garbage. He will learn more playing then sitting on the bench watching a backup play.

It is far more likely to ruin them than establish them look up all of the rookie qb's the last 20 years that started right out of the gate.... How many made it? Exactly.

Did it benefit Tyrod from sitting all those years, if it did I'm not impressed

Yes there is such a thing as ruining a raw QB rookie.....wasnt this the big argument back and forth with the ageless EJ debates (BBMB)....to some degree he was rushed in too early too yes.....you think peterman will have astounding better results? Are you flippin kidding me this poor kid is likely gonna have his career ruined before it even starts...this guy will be clobbered so bad behind our line as it is plus who the hell is he gonna throw to? We have zip for WR's.....suddenly Jones will be able to hold onto catch balls?

....wouldn't it be wiser to diversify play calling, maximizing TT's mobility versus burning up another kid who has shown signs of potential early on?.......Taylor has the physical attributes but lacks in the speed, complexity & mental aspect of the game......Peterman has shown infancy signs of having the mental capacity but needs to grow & strengthen physically to move ahead....

....wouldn't it be wiser to diversify play calling, maximizing TT's mobility versus burning up another kid who has shown signs of potential early on?.......Taylor has the physical attributes but lacks in the speed, complexity & mental aspect of the game......Peterman has shown infancy signs of having the mental capacity but needs to grow & strengthen physically to move ahead....

I'm not questioning the process AFL...

...I swear...