Fans burning their NFL apparel on social media...

eball

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty absurd. I'd like to put a camera on each one of these mouth-breathers, because I'm willing to bet 99.9% of them will forget their "outrage" pretty quickly and be watching their teams on Sunday.

So silly.

It's been linked and discussed in all the other threads about this crap.

It's the middle of a football week. Get this crap out of my face I'm ready for the Falcons.

oh man, I loved it. haha it was such a funny way to end yesterday's evening. I loved the woman that couldn't light her steelers flag on fire, and was quite possibly the least articulate of the bunch. then there was the one dude that was talking about burning his $400 steelers jacket, and stated that this country was founded on the Torah.

I saved them all for future laughs.

Edited by 87168

Pretty absurd. I'd like to put a camera on each one of these mouth-breathers, because I'm willing to bet 99.9% of them will forget their "outrage" pretty quickly and be watching their teams on Sunday.

So silly.

Those who do not watch football consider everyone associated with the sport to be half the wits of a mouth-breather.

Yeah, I don't really understand outrage to that point. I have my opinions about the protest but will not be controlled by it.

But what is overlooked, I think, is that some people do take it very seriously, and many of these folks actually may never come back. You can dismiss them as dumb rednecks like I have seen a number of times, but the fact is they are paying customers, too. Apparently they take America very seriously, so I don't think you can say, with any certainty at all that "they will be back next week", or ever. They see it as a direct shot to their core belief set, and often times that is much, much stronger that a sports allegiance.

So silly.

Its my favorite thing so far. They are All LAMP's.

They want to feel like they are a part of something, and they want attention (Hence posting on Facebook) but in the long run are going to be made to look like fools and in the long term will contribute to more profits to the NFL because they have to buy all new stuff.

Yeah, I don't really understand outrage to that point. I have my opinions about the protest but will not be controlled by it.

But what is overlooked, I think, is that some people do take it very seriously, and many of these folks actually may never come back. You can dismiss them as dumb rednecks like I have seen a number of times, but the fact is they are paying customers, too. Apparently they take America very seriously, so I don't think you can say, with any certainty at all that "they will be back next week", or ever. They see it as a direct shot to their core belief set, and often times that is much, much stronger that a sports allegiance.

Nah, they are the attention seekers. The people that "wont" be back are the silent ones that don't post on social media ranting and raving screaming LOOK AT ME!.

Congrats on burning tickets though and wasting thousands of dollars though, you really showed the NFL!

they will be back.. they just need the trumpet to calm down and focus on something else like nuking NOKO again and they will be watching football again. They might sit out a week or two but the neanderthal in them will bring them back

Nah, they are the attention seekers. The people that "wont" be back are the silent ones that don't post on social media ranting and raving screaming LOOK AT ME!.

Congrats on burning tickets though and wasting thousands of dollars though, you really showed the NFL!

I get what you are saying. I would guess alot will come back.

But you don't know that. That's my point.

NBA went through the same thing in the 90s. The game went from Hoosiers to drug dealers overnight. They've never recovered. No one likes hypocrites and ingrates who would betray their neighbors when things get tough, or burn down a city for free stuff, or assassinate police officers because it's fun.

Trends have been against the NFL for a long time. This was just the bubble popping.

ah, this is just part of the c%$#@#f%$# the nfl has become. PEDs, cheating scandals, court cases to determine the outcome of cheating scandals, CTE, the marijuana question and evolving laws and social norms, domestic abuse, cheerleader controversies and now the politicization of the game day experience. what makes me chuckle is you really couldn't find a more exclusive, high-end, misogynistic club than that of nfl players and owners.

I saw yesterday that a member of the steelers spoke about some fan reaction, and basically suggested that they weren't looking to politicize it, they just wanted to play football. he went on to say if some fans don't want to watch, they shouldn't watch. seemed reasonable enough, but if you're part of the ownership group, that should chill you to the bone. the whole point is to get consumers to embrace the product.

oh man, I loved it. haha it was such a funny way to end yesterday's evening. I loved the woman that couldn't light her steelers flag on fire, and was quite possibly the least articulate of the bunch. then there was the one dude that was talking about burning his $400 steelers jacket, and stated that this country was founded on the Torah.

I saved them all for future laughs.

probably had trouble burning that flag because they are made out of flame resistant material as so not too catch on fire. Still funny though.