Fan behavior improved?

sullim4

I hadn't been to a game in Buffalo for a while before last week - I think Chan Gailey's final game against the Jets was the last time I was in Orchard Park.

Anyway, I noticed that the fans were significantly better behaved this time. Plenty of drunks but no one obnoxiously intoxicated, no open fires on the ground in the parking lot, no public urination that I could see, and no fights. Everyone was fairly respectful towards opposing team fans. The atmosphere was very positive and was a pleasant surprise to me based on past poor experiences.

I've historically gone later in the season, usually when the team has been eliminated, so maybe that's the reason why I have a negative impression of the in-stadium experience... but regardless, it was a welcome change and made me feel proud to be a Bills fan. Keep it up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I'm my tenure as a member of the Fan Advisory Board came to an end, I will forward this to the Bills front office to let them know that their efforts in this area (and there have been many) are paying off.

And I totally agree with you. Remember all the fights that used to happen in the lower sections of the jumbotron end zone? Very rare now.

I wish these things were what Bills fans got noticed for, not the few who are smashing tables, face-planting into busses, or drinking champagne out of underage girls' buttcracks.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

It was a very, very low-key crowd.

I blame the heat.

I know I barely drank any beer whilst tailgating. Way more water than beer.

Inside, I saw one Broncos fan being a douche. He was told by a guest relations guy to put his cigarette out. The Broncos fan (white) then asked the guest relations guy (black) if he was being singled out because of the color of his skin. He then proceeded to call him an N word, which the guest relations guy either did not hear, or chose to blow off.

Other than that ... very subdued crowd, from what I could tell.

I feel like social media and the way some of these videos have gotten national attention has clouded the issue for many people. I've been a season ticket holder for ten years now. I have noticed a huge improvement in the last several years, not just this year.

You wouldn't know it with the way they find a couple gem videos and portray all fans in that light, but with that many people in one area you can find whatever experience you are looking for.

Even though I'm my tenure as a member of the Fan Advisory Board came to an end, I will forward this to the Bills front office to let them know that their efforts in this area (and there have been many) are paying off.

And I totally agree with you. Remember all the fights that used to happen in the lower sections of the jumbotron end zone? Very rare now.

I wish these things were what Bills fans got noticed for, not the few who are smashing tables, face-planting into busses, or drinking champagne out of underage girls' buttcracks.

I just finished cleaning off my computer from the afternoon coffee I literally spit out when I read the highlighted bit. The guy next to me thought I was choking.

So very very funny

Thank you

I just finished cleaning off my computer from the afternoon coffee I literally spit out when I read the highlighted bit. The guy next to me thought I was choking.

So very very funny

Thank you

Any time - I've gotten my cube neighbor to do that a couple of times recently also.

That really did happen (although it may have been something other than champagne). Dude got arrested for it if I'm not mistaken. Search Youtube for 'Bills Fan Butt' and it's in the first result...

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Sunday was my first time at the stadium since 2000. I'd read a number of horror stories on this board about the crowd behavior and was a bit apprehensive since I'd be with my wife and kids. I saw a few minor things but nothing notable.

On the other hand, I've been to a number of Jets games in the interim and I judge crowd behavior by the number of upper deck fights/brawls. I consider one or two to be a well-behaved crowd. I pretty much expect to see security rushing to the upper rows a few times a game.

Does the team make a point of emphasis about texting to a certain number if you see bad behavior?

I was in Baltimore at their home game a couple weeks ago. They make a big deal about getting drunks and foul mouthed people thrown out. They have a text number to use to be anonymous if you want. And then at the end of the message on the big video board they have a slogan "Don't Be A Jerk" and the whole stadium yells it out together. Thought it was pretty cool.

As I have told the Bills several times and they don't believe me..selling beers in cans has eliminated about 85% of fights in my mind, much to my chagrin( i miss watching them LOL).

They totally don't believe when I tell them that drunkenness would go down noticeably too if they sold beer till the end of 3rd. As it is now, we load up during the 2nd quarter and haltime, and end up drinking beers we prolly would have never ordered if we weren't worried about running out in the 4th quarter.

Funny shot on the game this week was some obviously plastered dude, shirt off, double fisted with beers at the beginning of the 3rd.

I hadn't been to a game in Buffalo for a while before last week - I think Chan Gailey's final game against the Jets was the last time I was in Orchard Park.

Anyway, I noticed that the fans were significantly better behaved this time. Plenty of drunks but no one obnoxiously intoxicated, no open fires on the ground in the parking lot, no public urination that I could see, and no fights. Everyone was fairly respectful towards opposing team fans. The atmosphere was very positive and was a pleasant surprise to me based on past poor experiences.

I've historically gone later in the season, usually when the team has been eliminated, so maybe that's the reason why I have a negative impression of the in-stadium experience... but regardless, it was a welcome change and made me feel proud to be a Bills fan. Keep it up.

There is no way somebody didn't pee in the sink in the upper deck bathroom.

There is no way somebody didn't pee in the sink in the upper deck bathroom.

Have not seen that in a long time. But I use the potties usually all the way at the top even though i am Row 4 lower bowl.

My stadium little secret, if ya got some business to attend to pre game, the sit-down potties up top clean as a whistle until about 12:50.

Maybe I heard this wrong ....

Stopping beer sales at halftime also helps to control the drunken fools.

Watching on TV, there seemed to be a whole bunch of orange-clad Denver fans in the lower bowl. I don't recall a huge Denver following in WNY and I don't believe all of those folks flew in from the Rockies...anyone who was there, did it seem like an unusual number of away fans?

That wasnt champagne.