Today's Game: A Good Win or Something More Than That?

Fadingpain

Plenty of chances to find a way to lose this game today in traditional Bills fashion.

But we did not.

Is this just a good win, or are we witnessing something more significant?

Is this start of something special?

With five minutes to go in the third quarter, and I think we were up by four at the time, me and my guys I watch the games with we're saying the next twenty minutes will tell us a lot about this team. We all weren't that confident but they had played well up until that point. And then they ratcheted it up and played pretty well the rest of the game. Before the season, thinking of games against the Jets, Panthers and Broncos, no one could have realistically hoped for more than 2-1 and 2-0 in the division. Next week is a tough one.

It was a good win but still areas of concern:

- McD's game management

- McCoy/run game virtually nonexistent again

- Very questionable and conservative offensive play calling at times.

- Tons of penalties today and very boneheaded plays reminscient of this team under rex ryan

Will be interesting to see what this team does next week but at some point they need to have a big win on the road to truly be taken serious even though they are sure to be heavy underdogs again against the Falcons.

It was a good win but still areas of concern:

- McD's game management

- McCoy/run game virtually nonexistent again

- Very questionable and conservative offensive play calling at times.

- Tons of penalties today and very boneheaded plays reminscient of this team under rex ryan

Will be interesting to see what this team does next week but at some point they need to have a big win on the road to truly be taken serious even though they are sure to be heavy underdogs again against the Falcons.

Congrats to your Patriots today, they've pulled away sooooo many wins like that over the years. That defense though! Your time is coming to a close. Might not be this year but next year I think.

Congrats to your Patriots today, they've pulled away sooooo many wins like that over the years. That defense though! Your time is coming to a close. Might not be this year but next year I think.

Come on man, I'm not a Patriots fan.

Should have lost today but Brady keeps making miraculous plays again and again.

Who knows, maybe the Bills might actually have a chance to beat them this year....

Because Denver was considered to be an upper echelon team going into the game, I think it may provide more than the usual confidence boost. The players have to believe in McDermott at this point, and in themselves, in a way that they have not since early on in the Rex Ryan tenure. That certainly doesn't guarantee future success, but it doesn't hurt.

Very gutty win. The most complete game they've played in a long time. The team is playing for each other, which is a big tip of the hat to coach McD and his "process."

Still, I'm concerned about the OL's effectiveness. They may not face another defense as good as Denver's for a while, but are likely to see a lot of 7-8 man fronts until the passing game becomes more of a threat.

Right now the run blocking and/or scheme (too much stretch, IMO) just isn't getting it done, which is a heavy load for TT to carry. He stepped up today, but can he do it week in and week out? Still an open question...

Can't argue with the end result, but i really can;t stand the conservative play calls on offence. When you are up 4, and you just get an interception on the 30 yard line, go for the juggular! But overall, i am very impressed with the bills, and i think it was one of there best wins in a long time, so let's hope they can keep er going

Come on man, I'm not a Patriots fan.

Should have lost today but Brady keeps making miraculous plays again and again.

Who knows, maybe the Bills might actually have a chance to beat them this year....

Well you know. Miraculous plays happen when he has a clean wide open pocket for 7 seconds allowing deep routes to develop... then the receiver gets away with an obvious push off.

Plenty of chances to find a way to lose this game today in traditional Bills fashion.

But we did not.

Is this just a good win, or are we witnessing something more significant?

Is this start of something special?

It's just one game.....but a really good one......having said that...what a difference not having the Ryan's as coaches.

It's a huge W for confidence and chemistry of the team. It was also done without Dareus. The guys on this team have to be totally buying into what McDermott is selling after the way things went today. Did you see the elation of the defense after the 4th down stop? It's great to see the guys pumped like that after a huge performance today. :thumbsup:

Good team win.

Can't argue with the end result, but i really can;t stand the conservative play calls on offence. When you are up 4, and you just get an interception on the 30 yard line, go for the juggular! But overall, i am very impressed with the bills, and i think it was one of there best wins in a long time, so let's hope they can keep er going

Agree. Those conservative play calls were killing me.