Today's Game: A Good Win or Something More Than That?

Fadingpain

I think the evidence is growing that Mcdermott is laying the proper foundation for building a championship caliber team. It starts with playing smart disciplined football. As Bill Parcells once said "I want players who do the right thing most of the time". In other words he doesnt want a qb who throws 3 picks on his way to a 400 yard day. Or a running back who fumbles twice in the redzone while rushing for 150 yards. Yesterday was a prime example of that. Nothing flashy in that win. Just sound football. Let the other team make the mistakes and walk away with a 'W'. That to me is one of the most critical differences between winners and losers. Not beating yourself. With a few upgrades in the talent dept they can be a consistent playoff team. Through three games this team hasnt made an overwhelming number of mistakes. Thats a good sign.

Can't argue with the end result, but i really can;t stand the conservative play calls on offence. When you are up 4, and you just get an interception on the 30 yard line, go for the juggular! But overall, i am very impressed with the bills, and i think it was one of there best wins in a long time, so let's hope they can keep er going

I agree, first play after the pick I would have had all 3 or 4 WR's go for the end zone and try and crush their spirits.