What if people in NFL stadiums took a knee today too?

Interesting to see the extent of the coverage of this topic on CBS pregame, and the extent of the criticism.

Many players, teams, and coaches are speaking out and taking action.

I think If fans took a knee, or engaged in some other show of solidarity, it would amplify the effects considerably.

(Go Bills 12, Broncos 6)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see the extent of the coverage of this topic on CBS pregame, and the extent of the criticism.

I think If fans took a knee, or engaged in some other show of solidarity, it would amplify the effects considerably.

(Go Bills 12, Broncos 6)

They're a lot of talks on social media that fans should boycott the game and not watch.

They're a lot of talks on social media that fans should boycott the game and not watch.

Those are just the idiots who voted for Trump.

Can we put those people on the other side of Trump's wall, if he ever gets it built?

That's the only good use for that wall I can think of.

the scorched earth policy of many in this country is a waste of time. its my way or the highway.....history has shown that thinking like this doesnt work.

if fans took a knee, you would hope that the other fans who dont agree would respect their decision and just agree to disagree, but i dont have that kind of faith in humanity anymore.

would imagine that somewhere there would be fights, cursing, etc etc...

football is supposed to be entertainment, i dont find politics entertaining. too bad people have to inject it into our entertainment. doesnt matter what side u fall on.

there are better places to discuss the worlds ills.

What difference should it make? Blind allegiance to a country should not be forced. Do what you want so long as it doesn't impede others to enjoy the anthem as well.

Someone kneeling during the anthem hurts zero solider feelings. Trust me, we have better things to worry about. Send care packages rather than be up in arms about a stupid song.

I'm so sick of this non story.

the scorched earth policy of many in this country is a waste of time. its my way or the highway.....history has shown that thinking like this doesnt work.

if fans took a knee, you would hope that the other fans who dont agree would respect their decision and just agree to disagree, but i dont have that kind of faith in humanity anymore.

would imagine that somewhere there would be fights, cursing, etc etc...

football is supposed to be entertainment, i dont find politics entertaining. too bad people have to inject it into our entertainment. doesnt matter what side u fall on.

there are better places to discuss the worlds ills.

The Trump supporters are desperately clutching onto their vision of how America maybe once was...because the current America moving forward is leaving them behind. And it makes them scared.

I'm a Vet and I never saw any reason for the National Anthem being used at the beginning of sporting events.

Never did make any sense, at least to me.

Now having mega mattress sales or used car markdowns in honor of George Washington's birthday, that's entirely different.

Holding the flag horizontal( as is done in many stadiums)goes against the Federal Flag code and is considered a sign of disrespect.

Budweiser cans festooned with Flags..... Disrespect

Large Bosommed ladies sporting Flag bikinis.... Disrespect

Etc, etc, etc.

People don't give a rats rear end about these things but lose their minds over principled stands for human beings and the way they are treated.......?

Those are just the idiots who voted for Trump.

Can we put those people on the other side of Trump's wall, if he ever gets it built?

That's the only good use for that wall I can think of.

And tere is the areogance of the left and the force behind the death of free speech at Berkely. Extreme in responding to the right's extreme. Maybe if we all stopped living on the extreme it'd be a better world. In this case, Trump voiced his opinion only, not law. You voice yours however you want, but it be nice if both sides responded with civility.

I'll watch the game but not the spoiled little virtue signallers out there taking a knee.The average Joe working slob who watches the NFL doesnt want to see that crap.

The NFL doesnt give a damn about the fans..never has and never will.

Of course that's not what the protest is about. It's embracing what the anthem and flag stand for; freedom. Freedom of speech to protest social injustice.

oh BS

A majority of Americans support players peaceful right to protest. A majority of Americans are appalled at what happened to Philando Castillo & Tamir Rice. A majority of Americans support equality and that means that Black Lives Matter equally as much as white lives.

The idea that a player as good as Kaepernick is out of the league is all the evidence you need that the 31 white NFL owners conspired to blackball Kaepernick. Thankfully Trump and his big-mouth put a megaphone to the silent back-door deal that was made to keep Kaepernick out of the league.

For that reason the NFL Boycott continues.

Edited by Dr.Sack

A majority of Americans support players peaceful right to protest. A majority of Americans are appalled at what happened to Philando Castillo & Tamir Rice. A majority of Americans support equality and that means that Black Lives Matter equally as much as white lives.

The idea that a player as good as Kaepernick is out of the league is all the evidence you need that the 31 white NFL owners conspired to blackball Kaepernick. Sadly Trump and a his big-mouth put a megaphone to the silent back-door deal that was made to keep Kaepernick out of the league.

:lol:

Social Injustice... BS!!!

No one batted an eye when Obama supported those who were against those with "white privileged".... or stood on the side of thugs who killed police officers etc.

This is a two way street on both sides but it's just everyone has a hard on for Trump. Politics need to be left out of sports, cause at the end of the day, that's all this is!

(Go Bills 12, Broncos 6)

How about fans stage a counter protest inside the stadium? Oops sorry, wouldn't be allowed. Time and place.

The Trump supporters are desperately clutching onto their vision of how America maybe once was...because the current America moving forward is leaving them behind. And it makes them scared.

Moving forward by disrespecting the flag... sure.

The far left liberal agenda obviously does not represent everyone in this country.

I'm a Vet and I never saw any reason for the National Anthem being used at the beginning of sporting events.

Never did make any sense, at least to me.

Now having mega mattress sales or used car markdowns in honor of George Washington's birthday, that's entirely different.

Thank you! I have expressed this opinion many times at this forum.

But this is how America works. We shaft veterans at every turn; 1 in 3 homeless people are vets...

Then we roll out an honor guard, a 100 yard long American flag, sing the national anthem, and maybe get a couple F-16s to fly over the stadium...

And everyone thinks we are "honoring" veterans or God knows what..

America! Do you want to honor vets? Don't allow your representatives to get us into bull **** wars, like the stuff going on in Afghanistan as I type.

The whole thing before the game is a big marketing scam put on by the military; enrollment is low these days.