What if people in NFL stadiums took a knee today too?

No the counter protest could be something explaining why the protesters are wrong about their issue. Or just generally something one doesn't like about America. Just one great big political pi$$ing contest in a place it doesn't belong.

I do think the only good argument against the protest is the I just dont want selfishly see any protests in sports. And I dont mean selfish in a bad way, sincerely. Theres lots of things I think like that for!

I'm sure they take advantage of all the legal loopholes just like the Donald.

Good point

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So there's nothing to be concerned about at all. Every dead, unarmed person just doesn't listen too well, regardless of race.

It's one thing to make a thoughtful inquiry to determine if there is a problem and if so how severe it is, and try to devise and promote solutions. It's quite another to stage divisive public "protests" for a cause you cannot define or quantify.

The NFL is as political an organization as there is, now. It picked sides in the culture war, and the side it picked is decidedly left.

The NFL refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys to display a decal honoring the Dallas police killed by a Black Lives Matter supporter, yet it is completely supporting the “right” of players to kneel on the sideline while the National Anthem is played, as both a sign of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and an anti-Trump protest.

The right to protest is selectively applied by the NFL. Some protests are more equal in the NFL than other protests:

Let's all cry they took a knee. They hurt my feelings and make me feel really angry. Wah.... You disrespected me, the country, my service and people who died for all that.

I am so special... You have to do what I say and what makes me feel special and loved... It's not my perfect world if people are doing things I don't like.

Wahhh...

My God people, nut up. Nobody is special.

Let's all cry they took a knee. They hurt my feelings and make me feel really angry. Wah.... You disrespected me, the country, my service and people who died for all that.

I am so special... You have to do what I say and what makes me feel special and loved... It's not my perfect world if people are doing things I don't like.

Wahhh...

They need to stop wanting everyone, including the nfl players, to be politically correct

The NFL is as political an organization as there is, now. It picked sides in the culture war, and the side it picked is decidedly left.

The NFL refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys to display a decal honoring the Dallas police killed by a Black Lives Matter supporter, yet it is completely supporting the “right” of players to kneel on the sideline while the National Anthem is played, as both a sign of support for the Black Lives Matter movement and an anti-Trump protest.

The right to protest is selectively applied by the NFL. Some protests are more equal in the NFL than other protests:

Disgusting. Yet not surprising. Their message is clearly one of divisiveness, yet lap dogs on this forum are praising them for showing " unity". So the players are unified in getting out their divisive message of protest. Great stuff. Something to be proud of for sure.

They need to stop wanting everyone, including the nfl players, to be politically correct

I hate Political correctness.

What are they protesting?

That blacks are killing blacks in record numbers?

That cops shoot more whites than blacks every year?

That although black males make up 8% of the population, they commit 50% of the violent crimes?

That welfare and abortion politics are designed to keep black families in ghettos with single parents?

That Obama did nothing to improve the situation of major inner cities? Wasn't he from Chicago? How's that city looking nowadays?

What are they protesting?

That blacks are killing blacks in record numbers?

That cops shoot more whites than blacks every year?

That although black males make up 8% of the population, they commit 50% of the violent crimes?

That welfare and abortion politics are designed to keep black families in ghettos with single parents?

That Obama did nothing to improve the situation of major inner cities? Wasn't he from Chicago? How's that city looking nowadays?

Probably your thought process?

York link did not say anything about a BLM member, you have something else that does?

Wahhh...

Stop projecting on us. We're ridiculing them for being idiots and pussies, not for hurting our feelings. Crying about feelings is what you guys do.

Thank you! I have expressed this opinion many times at this forum.

But this is how America works. We shaft veterans at every turn; 1 in 3 homeless people are vets...

Then we roll out an honor guard, a 100 yard long American flag, sing the national anthem, and maybe get a couple F-16s to fly over the stadium...

And everyone thinks we are "honoring" veterans or God knows what..

America! Do you want to honor vets? Don't allow your representatives to get us into bull **** wars, like the stuff going on in Afghanistan as I type.

The whole thing before the game is a big marketing scam put on by the military; enrollment is low these days.

Post of the Century!

Amen!

Thanks.