McD Admits Hard To Watch Sammy Dominate

OldTimeAFLGuy

I take it, you're another that doesn't like his clapping?

sammy who?

....c'mon bro....you know I HAD to throw that in there to annoy those annoyed about McD clapping....that CERTAINLY is a major issue.....lemme tell you about the time we protested excessive clapping back in day care....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beane and McDermott are probably very aware that to be successful GM and Coach in the NFL you need a real Franchise QB.

They are doing their best to put a decent product on the field. However, if push came to shove, their game plan would be to do

whatever it takes to that QB on the roster ASAP.

Do you think this wasn't something they anticipated? Clearly Sammy isn't some bum, the guy has some talent to work with!

They moved him because he wasn't a part of their plan. Now, you can debate the merits of that, but I think it's obvious McD and Beane feel like he'll equal wins or be worth the investment of a big contract. That 2nd rounder will go to a different position that means more to their football team.

Or McDermott really did not want Watkins traded

Brady rebounded against the sorry Saints' D last week. That counts too just like every regular season game does.

Aye, the stats all count and you can only play who the schedule says. However to label them an "offensive juggernaut" after those 2 game...a tad premature.

Lets see how the "vaunted" new Rams pass attack matches up with teams like Arizona and Seattle. I have a suspicion the Rams are still no better than a 6-7 win team at very best.

Where were these questions week 1 or week 2? Are we going to play this ridiculous game of "what if" all season?

Will reporters ask McD if he feels good when Sammy misses a game or does absolutely nothing like last week?

The nonsense never ends.

Yep. It's been like this since the beginning of time.

....c'mon bro....you know I HAD to throw that in there to annoy those annoyed about McD clapping....that CERTAINLY is a major issue.....lemme tell you about the time we protested excessive clapping back in day care....

I laughed out loud.

for some reason all this clapping has this song stuck in my head.

Not attempting to be competitive with R. Woods and trading Sammy were not good moves imo. Woods is a solid # 2 who is also one of the best blocking WRs in the game. And the Bills are a running team. Oh but he was paid way over market some say - except of course he wasn't. Compare his contract with that of recent # 2s, idk say Marvin Jones or M. Sanu. Woods got the contract he earned and deserved. Bills were either cheap or stupid.

Sammy is always injured wahhh - Julio Jones played fewer games as Sammy his first three years. Why? Well he had the same foot injury as Sammy, from which both players have recovered. Wonder why the Falcons didn't trade him. Hey maybe they are not stupid. Hows that for a concept?

I like Zay Jones. He is going to be good. Great kid. I think our receiving corps would have been fine with him, Woods and Sammy.

Who is next years franchise guy going to throw the ball to I wonder. Look at the difference with Goff now that he has a better line and a few guys to throw to.

Seriously, what did you expect him to say? "glad he got a concussion, it proves we knew he was injury prone?

I'd prefer he said something like "We wish Sammy the best, but we have a great group of guys. I have no doubt in our process, and I'm confident that the trade will pay dividends for both sides. We have a plan in place that I'm confident we will succeed with". We all hate canned answers, but sometimes they are the most appropriate. Personally, I think that McD's response did not come across as one of a confident leader. I didn't hate the Sammy trade at the time, but things like this make me question McD. Sometimes I worry that he's the next Josh McDaniels.

I'd prefer he said something like "We wish Sammy the best, but we have a great group of guys. I have no doubt in our process, and I'm confident that the trade will pay dividends for both sides. We have a plan in place that I'm confident we will succeed with". We all hate canned answers, but sometimes they are the most appropriate. Personally, I think that McD's response did not come across as one of a confident leader. I didn't hate the Sammy trade at the time, but things like this make me question McD. Sometimes I worry that he's the next Josh McDaniels.

Actually he did say something along those lines. Its just that the news writer didn't print it.

Or McDermott really did not want Watkins traded

That might be true. Corners arent respecting ZJ or Matthews ability to beat them deep so they play them close on the short routes and they arent getting seperation. We have the worst WR core in the league and one of the worst OCs to go along with it.

....OF COURSE it was......keep in mind their COMBINED week 1 stats were 8REC for 101 yds and week 2 were 3 REC for 38 yds......and conveniently omitted.....kind of cheap to NOW seek out McD after they both perform well and rub his nose in it....the Rams are NOW an offensive juggernaut, right?.....hope BOTH of these kids succeed........them being gone is an unfortunate part of this business IMO............

Agreed and it is not like the SF defense showed up.

Not attempting to be competitive with R. Woods and trading Sammy were not good moves imo. Woods is a solid # 2 who is also one of the best blocking WRs in the game. And the Bills are a running team. Oh but he was paid way over market some say - except of course he wasn't. Compare his contract with that of recent # 2s, idk say Marvin Jones or M. Sanu. Woods got the contract he earned and deserved. Bills were either cheap or stupid.

Sammy is always injured wahhh - Julio Jones played fewer games as Sammy his first three years. Why? Well he had the same foot injury as Sammy, from which both players have recovered. Wonder why the Falcons didn't trade him. Hey maybe they are not stupid. Hows that for a concept?

I like Zay Jones. He is going to be good. Great kid. I think our receiving corps would have been fine with him, Woods and Sammy.

Who is next years franchise guy going to throw the ball to I wonder. Look at the difference with Goff now that he has a better line and a few guys to throw to.

Agree, though Goff also has a young head coach who is supposedly a qb whisperer. In addition to the suspect decisions at wr, letting Kromer go in favor of Castillo does not appear sound. Dennison has yet to show that he is a good hire, though he doesn't have a lot to work with.