McD Admits Hard To Watch Sammy Dominate

OldTimeAFLGuy

This year for TT

Next year to sit the rookie, like Goff last year

1 year to suck, like Goff did last week against the Redskins

Year 4 is where they actually have a chance to be top level.

So Goff took 9 starts? Prescott played well immediately as did Wentz (who struggled later in the year). This is the most experienced and highly thought of QB class in forever. It isn't unfathomable at all to think that multiple guys will be taking snaps, and succeeding day one. They would have had Watkins this year and potentially playing with a rookie QB before his contract was even up (assuming they had picked up his option. That's absolute conjecture on your part.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand by my thoughts on Tyrod.

Very solid QB.... last years offense was a much better design for him and the team. Our running game has fallen off a cliff thanks to scheme change and dumb personnel changes.

He played well today bro. He pants Simien. You know the same QB everyone on here was nut hugging and claiming was better than Tyrod. last time I checked we won today and Denver has a much better defense than we do.

Sammy is a stud when healthy. They knew they were getting rid of a talented player. But they got a good corner for the system and pocketed a good pick. The team also avoids having to franchise or pay Sammy a big contract if he has a big year (a hard decision to pay a player with health issues a big contract or let him walk for nothing.)

It was a smart longer term move (I think the fact that Sammy had some baggage with the organization also makes a clean break more appealing) but you know you shipped out a good player.

Sucks we lost a pretty good WR in Watkins, maybe the WRs we have now will start to gell a little better. We will see. However I must say, that I'm absolutely loving the way EJ Gaines has been playing. So I'm just going to trust what the new FO is doing. The secondary has been playing lights out pretty much and Gaines has been a big part of that.

The rookie has also been a beast btw.