Bills vs. Panthers Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Some good, some bad...

I'm amazed at the defense undoing the Rex damage in such a short time. If they stay healthy, they'll be a force this season. (I know Cam wasn't 100%, but they still did a great job under the circumstances.)

I'm disappointed in the offense, even though they nearly pulled off a miracle win at the end (thanks to the D for making that a possibility.) I expect a fourteen page debate about whether Tyrod should have made a better throw or Zay should have caught it, since it went off his hands. (The answer is both - it wasn't perfectly placed, but it was catchable.)

I'm 50/50 on the coaches. Offensive play calling in the first half wasn't impressive, but they made some decent halftime adjustments. The improved defense wasn't about personnel - that was definitely scheme and coaching, so I'll give them a thumbs up for that. On the other hand, the clock management was bad. And what the heck happened on that first quarter unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the coaches?

Edited by WhoTom

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

On the final play: "Zay is a young player. We have his back, and there were other plays out there I didn't make, the team didn't make."

@MatthewFairburn

Zay Jones said Tyrod Taylor made a good throw. Says he should have come down with the catch.

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor on the final play: "We didn't execute the play. Point blank."

....and John McKay was in favor of execution.....how 'bout the previous 59 minutes, 45 seconds TT?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Blame those who deserve blame.

TT is not the answer.

Because Shady says Taylor deserves most of the blame it and so it must be?

Whatever you say, boss.

I guess an OL who couldn't block for $h/+ today shoulders no blame.

Or a Head Coach who (this is all too familiar) can't manage the clock.

We're still 1st place and remain there for at least another week. I already think this team is better than anyone suspected simply because of the defense. Hopefully the offense picks up some slack starting next week against probably an even better defense.

Blaming an offensive performance like this on playcalling is lacking an understanding of football. The Bills made some adjustments at halftime and started moving TT around a bit. Still, not enough guys won their matchups. Why dint the plays that were called work? Is it because the Bills didn't " trick ' em" enough? Or because guys didn't win matchups and the QB held the ball too long or just plain wouldn't throw it. We'll need to see the all-22. But the Bills lost because they couldn't make plays, not because they didn't call the right ones.

It looked like a push to me. The coverage person fell down because of it. Hard not to make that call.

Arms were never extended. There was no push-off whatsoever. Players are allowed to use their bodies to create space. Unless you're the Bills, obv.

Blaming an offensive performance like this on playcalling is lacking an understanding of football. The Bills made some adjustments at halftime and started moving TT around a bit. Still, not enough guys won their matchups. Why dint the plays that were called work? Is it because the Bills didn't " trick ' em" enough? Or because guys didn't win matchups and the QB held the ball too long or just plain wouldn't throw it. We'll need to see the all-22. But the Bills lost because they couldn't make plays, not because they didn't call the right ones.

So running McCoy 12 times for a total of 9 yards isn't a play calling issue? Tyrod missed some open guys, but their game plan was dog $#it.

Arms were never extended. There was no push-off whatsoever. Players are allowed to use their bodies to create space. Unless you're the Bills, obv.

It was absolutely the correct call

So running McCoy 12 times for a total of 9 yards isn't a play calling issue? Tyrod missed some open guys, but their game plan was dog $#it.

Or he didnt take what the defense gave him. And cant use that excuse for leaving plays on field because he was putrid

Offense was terrible. But am I really the only person who gets livid about phantom penalties at the end of the game?

We were driving hard and we got F###ed by a BS penalty. Game over.

Say what you want about the rest of the game, but that one call determined the outcome.

I completely agree.

That was a bogus penalty and it killed our drive.