Bills vs. Panthers Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is a team sport. However, it's GOTTA be discouraging, dis-heartening to play your A$$ off as a defense, only to see your effort completely nullified by a piss-poor offensive showing.

The defense manhandled Cam Newton and the Panthers offense, sacking him 6 times, shutting down McCaffrey and the run game, playing physical and punishing the receivers...the

I know they'll SAY all the right things, but inside they've gotta be peeved. I can't imagine they'll put up with too many more offensive stinkers like that.

yeah, remember last year when the offence was one of the best in the league, what 23+ points per game and the Coaching and Defence sucked? Any kind of D and the Bills were a play-off team. That was discouraging.

Facts.

I think we just ran into an elite defense at home.

I think our O is more like week 1 then week 2

Realistically it's going to be somewhere in between. We won't always face a weak defense at home and we won't always face an elite defense on the road.

WATCH: DEFENSE STANDS TALL (2:55)

John Murphy highlights another strong defensive performance by the Bills. They did not give up a touchdown and sacked the quarterback 6 times in the 9-3 loss at Carolina.

BILLS TODAY: LATE OFFENSIVE SURGE, TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE

Buffalo's longest two drives of Sunday's game came on the final two drives of the day. Unfortunately, the team could not produce enough points to overcome the six-point deficit.

Good game...Almost pulled it out in the end.. If it was rex d they would of lost 31-3 with the same players...Awesome game by the d and the offense will get rolling as the season goes...

Not if teams stack the box like that every game. Tyrod has never shown the ability to do anything when teams do that...in fact the games end up looking pretty much like they did yesterday...how many times have we seen three and out fests when this has happened in the past and Bills end up with under 100 yards of offense in the first half..I can remember at least 3 others off the top of my head...Tennessee...Giants...Patriots...

That McD presser just now...what was with the "honeymoon" question? Stupid, awkward...just a waste of time...

I guess there's a point to it, but could've been phrased differently in order to get a better answer from the coach.

Not if teams stack the box like that every game. Tyrod has never shown the ability to do anything when teams do that...in fact the games end up looking pretty much like they did yesterday...how many times have we seen three and out fests when this has happened in the past and Bills end up with under 100 yards of offense in the first half..I can remember at least 3 others off the top of my head...Tennessee...Giants...Patriots...

Yeah, it's an obvious weakness that opponents can key on.

McD's answer today was what I've been thinking. They're sticking with Tyrod, obviously. The coaches are focusing on how they can compensate for that. Yesterday was definitely a learning experience in that regard and we should see some significant changes next time around.

That McD presser just now...what was with the "honeymoon" question? Stupid, awkward...just a waste of time...

I guess there's a point to it, but could've been phrased differently in order to get a better answer from the coach.

Yeah, it's an obvious weakness that opponents can key on.

McD's answer today was what I've been thinking. They're sticking with Tyrod, obviously. The coaches are focusing on how they can compensate for that. Yesterday was definitely a learning experience in that regard and we should see some significant changes next time around.

Nice post Bud !

Without reading through all of the pages and pages of responses you all have to remember...

The Bills were one last second catch away from being 2-0 yesterday afternoon.

It may not have been pretty but that's what 2017 Bills football is going to look like.

if that catch is made next week? I would take it , gladly !