What's the stupidest thing you ever bought?

Royale with Cheese

dude, i'm right there with you. in 2010, i bought a brand new bmw convertible. i always wanted one so i figured !@#$ it. now that i'm married and have a kid, i never drive it. it has a total of 13,000 miles on it, and has been in two massive accidents. it wasn't a stupid purchase i guess, just more pointless.

anyone want to buy a !@#$ed up bmw with very few miles on it?

Ha, my stupidity extended even further. Long story, but essentially got in an accident a bit later, and had no insurance, and the accident was my fault.

Was driving around in a 2 year old BMW , with a smashed in driver door and no window drivers side, for 6 months till i could afford the repairs.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bought, but I asked for seats from Rich Stadium when they did the renovations back in 1997, for Christmas. They are still in the same box I got them in, 20 years later, because I haven't lived anywhere that I felt I had somewhere to put them up.

You just made me sad as I have two orange seats from the Aud, sitting in the house I don't live in anymore, and have owned since 2010 with nowhere to put them.

A family friend fell on hard times a number of years ago and started selling everything they had, which included a pool table for $1500. It was a beautiful table, and we wanted to help them out. We had plans to turn our living room into a game room, so we bought it, only to learn two lessons pretty quickly: (1) you don't just buy a pool table and throw it in the back of your truck and (2) I really suck at playing pool.

It looks nice, though. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.

Edited by LABillzFan

A family friend fell on hard times a number of years ago and started selling everything they had, which included a pool table for $1500. It was a beautiful table, and we wanted to help them out. We had plans to turn our living room into a game room, so we bought it, only to learn two lessons pretty quickly: (1) you don't just buy a pool table and throw it in the back of your truck and (2) I really suck at playing pool.

It looks nice, though. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.

many a piano has been purchased on craigslist based on this same logic.

That purchase doesn't seem pointless, that would be a great car to have around if you aren't making any more payments on it (i'm sure from 2010). What was stupid was two major accidents to ruin it.

very true, but i just don't use it. i take my daughter to daycare all week, and we can't put a child seat in it, so there's no week day driving. maybe a tiny bit on the weekends, but it's just a space consumer in my garage. the accidents were pretty bad. on was my fault and i destroyed the front end. the other was someone else's fault, and i watched a kid who was texting slam into the back of my car while i was at a red light. good times.

Ha, my stupidity extended even further. Long story, but essentially got in an accident a bit later, and had no insurance, and the accident was my fault.

Was driving around in a 2 year old BMW , with a smashed in driver door and no window drivers side, for 6 months till i could afford the repairs.

this is awesome. those damn things are so expensive to fix, not to mention waiting weeks for parts.

a Hutzler banana slicer

https://smile.amazon.com/Hutzler-571-Banana-Slicer/dp/B0047E0EII?sa-no-redirect=1

(read the reviews for a good laugh)

the first few reviews along are gold.

dude, i'm right there with you. in 2010, i bought a brand new bmw convertible. i always wanted one so i figured !@#$ it. now that i'm married and have a kid, i never drive it. it has a total of 13,000 miles on it, and has been in two massive accidents. it wasn't a stupid purchase i guess, just more pointless.

Yeah... I will take it off your hands for 1500 bucks Do you PayPal. I can pick it up next Tuesday.

See, your life just got easier.

I'll give you $2,000 for it.

That purchase doesn't seem pointless, that would be a great car to have around if you aren't making any more payments on it (i'm sure from 2010). What was stupid was two major accidents to ruin it.

No. It was stupid! Totally stupid. And I will go a little higher teef... I will take it off your hands for 1550.

Deal? Even all busted up.