What's the stupidest thing you ever bought?

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of those like three hour long power outages, I ran around town in a panic looking for a generator. Finally found one at some specialty tool store and bought it for about $900 bucks. I get it home, get it filled up with gas, ran a 100 ft extension cord from outside, through my window and to my tv or something. And the power comes back on. Haven't used it since, that was about 15 years ago.

In one of those like three hour long power outages, I ran around town in a panic looking for a generator. Finally found one at some specialty tool store and bought it for about $900 bucks. I get it home, get it filled up with gas, ran a 100 ft extension cord from outside, through my window and to my tv or something. And the power comes back on. Haven't used it since, that was about 15 years ago.

I did the same thing, but ended up using my generator for 4 major power outages in less than ten years, so that was among my best purchases.

Dumbest thing I ever bought was a stepper machine. I think I used it once. Otherwise was just a huge, heavy thing I needed someone's help to move. Also, it turns out you can go for a walk/run for free.

I am not sure if this will pan out but... Just ordered plate covers for $11.99 on Amazon...

...We make our own hummus and keep the surplus in a Tupperware container but the part we eat regularly gets served on a plate, dip into that... Some whole chick peas in center, the whole nine yards... Then tuck in refrigerator.

I am getting sick of the Saran Wrap and dripping olive oil, colored with paprika, etc... All nasty...

... Wish me luck that this pans out with the Misses, she's funny about these things. Or... If she no likey new hummus system... These things are going to work for the microwave and slobs I work with.

Sometimes, you just have to make an "executive decision!"

Who doesn't like homemade hummus served on fancy plates of your choice without the funky mess when taking the damn thing out of fridge, in the dark, @ 3 in the morning! ;-)

81jR5tLFtyL._SL1500_.jpg

Ha! We actually have these ones; they are better for using as a microwave topping that for the fridge but we use them

Often enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RU7J4LM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Thanx!

I was looking at those... I gotta blow the money Amazon refunded me for my knockoff eclipse glasses... Thank God I am not blind... But I would be so much happier if I was next time I open that microwave! ;-)

I am getting a set for whoever is blowing up schit in that micro! It's like a graduate dorm here! They haven't brought the carp/fish yet... Just waiting for that surprise! ;-) I put a stack of bi-fold paper towels by micro... They can't use that either!

They will rebel against my tyranny... Those slovenly creeps!

Ever since I clicked on the banana slicer link, and the lazy cat owner lazer pointer link, every website I visit has ads from Amazon trying to sell me these items. I don't typically shop online, these are the only two items I've ever viewed on Amazon.

Ever since I clicked on the banana slicer link, and the lazy cat owner lazer pointer link, every website I visit has ads from Amazon trying to sell me these items. I don't typically shop online, these are the only two items I've ever viewed on Amazon.

The fastest way to fix that is to do a google search for push-up bras.

• 2 weeks later...

was at the Dead & Company show this summer in Camden/Philly. Tickets were completely sold out and lot tickets were nearly impossible to find, which is VERY rare at a Dead show. We needed one ticket, some dude walks through asking for $40. Seemed way too good to be true. Couple of dudes came in as we were analyzing the sitch, they wound up buying the tickets. Saw them after the show at our parking lot and we asked about the tickets, he said they were in fact fake. I think they still got in, but they were as fake as fake could be. it sucks, and that is not the norm at a Dead show, but sadly it happens.

Wow... Tough break! I went to Indy 500 w/my son this past year and we bought tickets on the fly off the street... I was sweating bullets when we got in line, the tickets looked a little off looking @ others in line... Backs weren't in full color. But all fine.

Any advice out there when buying tix on street?

I am sure the good sellers don't want to kill their business. Guy gave me his number... I guess I would dial him up next year... But you are always left wondering on the street.

Any good tricks @ authenticating or do you just gotta trust! What happened to you Buff was tough, and bold... Pulled a big fast one. What can you do but suck it up and feel the fool... So sorry man.