Target TY Hilton? Other options at WR?

Dragonborn10

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new regime is not paying elite money for any wr. Nor will they ever draft a 1st round wr again. Good wr's can easily be found in the 2nd or 3rd round. They'll make do with Matthews, Jones, Clay and dump offs to Shady. Maybe Reilly will get a chance down the road? If any big $$ is to be spent it will be on a franchise qb first then DT, LB or O-lineman.

I think our current WR depth chart is as good as it's going to get aside from any dumpster diving and swapping out PS guys throughout the year.

I have to believe that WR will be among the top of offseason priorities and we'll draft at least one with one of our 4 picks in the 1st/2nd rounds.

I dont think WR will be a priority under this regime. At all.

thats so stupid, the catches the seahawks used to win their superbowl were often jump catches. so he dropped one, so did watkins, especially easy ones with little pressure.

Lighten up! :)

Are you unaware that the typical NFL (or high school?) WR keeps running through the catch? That was a very real quirk. I don't think it was just one drop, and I don't think I was the only person who noticed. But thank you for your enlightenment.

I'm thinking because they scorched us on the Kelvin Sheppard trade they are banking on lightning striking twice.

lol'd purty fine right there Son.

This new regime is not paying elite money for any wr. Nor will they ever draft a 1st round wr again. Good wr's can easily be found in the 2nd or 3rd round. They'll make do with Matthews, Jones, Clay and dump offs to Shady. Maybe Reilly will get a chance down the road? If any big $$ is to be spent it will be on a franchise qb first then DT, LB or O-lineman.

not ever is rather long time.

I thinks it will be the cherry.

build the standard hot fudge sundae first

Not if the guy you are going to acquire has a better track record and longer term on their deal.

point

one for 17

thats so stupid, the catches the seahawks used to win their superbowl were often jump catches. so he dropped one, so did watkins, especially easy ones with little pressure.

Tape junky/ie/ ette/er jommo 005s

Me -252

Edited by 3rdand12

Colts are probably only a few weeks away from shutting down Luck for the year.

Pagano should not have been brought back and the Colts will be in full rebuild mode by week 6 if they are not there already.

TY Hilton has elite speed. He is under contract for three more years. $11 million in salary next year, 8 million this year.

Would you trade a second in 2018 for TY this year to improve the WR group? A third and Mills, when Henderson is ready to come off suspension??

I wouldn't make a move yet but if they start 3-1 with no credible deep threat emerging, I would be tempted...

I was thinking more along the lines of AJ Green but I like the idea.

The Bills need a deep threat and when you are only intending on playing 2 WR in most sets.......that guy really needs to be on the field all the time in those sets to set up play action etc...

Putting a glorified KR or stone handed track star out there to try to get teams to back off makes you worse if the deep ball is taken away.........or if you throw it to them and can't complete it because of their lack of skill.

If the Bills catch some breaks and start out 3-0 or 4-1.......and the Chiefs are playing well too..........they might come to a realization that they aren't getting to the top of the draft and try to swing a deal.

Green has about the same base salaries.....a bit over $10M..........and he's better......but also older which makes it a bit more likely that a team going into a re-build would be willing to deal him.

Colts are probably only a few weeks away from shutting down Luck for the year.

Pagano should not have been brought back and the Colts will be in full rebuild mode by week 6 if they are not there already.

TY Hilton has elite speed. He is under contract for three more years. $11 million in salary next year, 8 million this year.

Would you trade a second in 2018 for TY this year to improve the WR group? A third and Mills, when Henderson is ready to come off suspension??

I wouldn't make a move yet but if they start 3-1 with no credible deep threat emerging, I would be tempted...

For a 4rth