The best signs (MHO) from Sunday's game

KingRex

1. The tacking was very good- McCown did an OK job checking down for the Jets and hitting short passes underneath, but one of the things that impressed me most about the Bills play Sunday was that for the most part there did not appear to be a lot of RAC yards because the Bills were doing good tackling. In particular Humber's numbers were a pleasant surprise for me.

2. I liked the safety play in general, the two INTs were good to see in response to McCown feeling a bit more pressure to go downfield, but the big ticket in terms of good safety play was in how they often forced McCown to check down and held their ground on running plays forcing them to the inside.

3. Good playcalling. I was particularly impressed by the TD to Holmes where they had him run a pattern that totally fooled the inexperienced Jets DB who had coverage. The redzone use of Clay was great (not only on the TD, but on the INT which was a good route, but TT airmailed the throw and Clay did not haul in the lousy but catchable pass. The significant # of plus 20 yard plays were another indicator of good calls.

4. Great decision making by TT- running OB instead of getting hit and also throwing the ball away and living to fight another down rather than forcing it.downfield.

I thought the playcalling for three quarters was really good. It was nice to see some screens, nice to see Clay targeted, nice to see the new regime has not broken the running game.

Hoiwever, the playcalling in the fourth quarter was "play to not lose" and I hate that. With 8 minutes left you need to keep your foot on the gas still and trust your QB who is known for taking care of the ball. The great teams dont go to run run run punt or run run pass punt when they are up by 9 with 8 minutes to go.

I thought the playcalling for three quarters was really good. It was nice to see some screens, nice to see Clay targeted, nice to see the new regime has not broken the running game.

Hoiwever, the playcalling in the fourth quarter was "play to not lose" and I hate that. With 8 minutes left you need to keep your foot on the gas still and trust your QB who is known for taking care of the ball. The great teams dont go to run run run punt or run run pass punt when they are up by 9 with 8 minutes to go.

I disagree. You drain as much clock as you can and trust your defense who's facing a putrid Jets offense. Plus, the running game is your strength. If we were facing an elite offense then you stay aggressive. I thought the naked bootleg by Taylor to ice it was the best play call of the game.

I disagree. You drain as much clock as you can and trust your defense who's facing a putrid Jets offense. Plus, the running game is your strength. If we were facing an elite offense then you stay aggressive. I thought the naked bootleg by Taylor to ice it was the best play call of the game.

I just dont like being predictable and sometimes a longer drive can drain more time of the clock than a run run run punt. The best teams dont do this. Yeah the running game is the strength but the Jets were going 8 or 9 in the box expecting the run and we gave it to them. Other than a 3rd and 10 boot leg there was little success. With a running QB like Taylor you can roll him out and give him the option, if the pass is there take it or else get what you can. Statistically ~65% of the time you will still be able to run clock on a pass play. That can be higher with a QB who understand situation football. IE taking a sack can be better than an incompletion at times.

I just dont like being predictable and sometimes a longer drive can drain more time of the clock than a run run run punt. The best teams dont do this. Yeah the running game is the strength but the Jets were going 8 or 9 in the box expecting the run and we gave it to them. Other than a 3rd and 10 boot leg there was little success. With a running QB like Taylor you can roll him out and give him the option, if the pass is there take it or else get what you can. Statistically ~65% of the time you will still be able to run clock on a pass play. That can be higher with a QB who understand situation football. IE taking a sack can be better than an incompletion at times.

Wrong. Teams that win don't get cute with a lead. That means run the clock down in the 4th. Watch some other games. That's standard operating procedure.

I would only change the RB, why risk McCoy in garbage time? Sepecially after he was injured.

Wrong. Teams that win don't get cute with a lead. That means run the clock down in the 4th. Watch some other games. That's standard operating procedure.

I do watch other games and teams like the Pats, Packers do not play it safe the entire 4th quarter when they are up by 9. Up by 19, yeah sure, not up by nine. You are wrong, you are stuck in 1992 football.

Yes.

Also it's a very underrated defense in general. Sky coverage until they get inside the 20. Then rotate down and do your blitz. It allows your front four to run slants and stunts, and puts a lot of pressure on the offense to run 10 to 15 plays perfectly.

If Clay is going to be the #1 targeted guy (which I think he will) he better reduce the drops. TT's int went right thru his hands. And there were 3 more Clay drops in the 2nd qtr.

Love the improved tackling especially Humber and Johnson

Hauscka's kick was beyond bizarre considering there was practically no wind? Looked like my snap hook off the tee.

Crossman has to clean up the block in the back by his guys.

Get Zay more involved

Shady is a beast and Mills is awful...

Edited by LABILLBACKER

If Clay is going to be the #1 targeted guy (which I think he will) he better reduce the drops. TT's int went right thru his hands. And there were 3 more Clay drops in the 2nd qtr.

Love the improved tackling especially Humber and Johnson

Hauscka's kick was beyond bizarre considering there was practically no wind? Looked like my snap hook off the tee.

Crossman has to clean up the block in the back by his guys.

Get Zay more involved

Shady is a beast and Mills is awful...

That might be considered messing with tradition at this point...

My son went off on that. Why is that so hard to comprehend???