Week 1 Coaching Review

BillsFan130

What did you guys think of Mcdermott, Dennison and Frazier today?

For me, i thought we were a little too conservative on offence and defence. Maybe because we were playing an inferior opponent?

I really did not like the run, run, pass two possessions in a row in the 4th quarter. I really hope they only did that because they did not respect the Jets offence, because if you do that against a good offence, you are going to get burned most of the time.

Also would have liked to see more blitzes on the defensive side of the ball. Seemed pretty vanilla to me, and once again, I think a good QB picks that defence apart a lot easier. In saying that, can't argue too much with the end result.

Dennison did pretty well with his overall play calling. Would have liked to see a bit more play action on early downs especially in the 2nd half, but overall I think he did a pretty nice job.

Overall, some positive points to take away, but also hope they are a little more aggressive in the future.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they did what they needed to for them to win. They took what the Jets gave them. There was no reason to go deep or anything else. We moved the ball at will for the most part. McDermott said as much in the post game

But yes, if this is the overall plan, we will be in trouble against other teams.

I thought the bills tried running too much honestly. Would've liked to see a more aggressive passing game. However, could be just the plan vs the jets. Time will tell

I agree with the above that there was no need for aggressive calls, but I did think at the end when we were just running the clock out we should have kept shady off the field.

I thought the play calling could have used some work. More playaction on first or second down. They ran on first down ... and second down for that matter quite a bit. I understand we are a better running team than passing team, but the calls still need to mix it up.

I absolutely loved the TD call when we were near the goal line and Holmes sneaked down from right to left for the TD pass at the goal line. I thought that play was excellently designed and perfectly executed.

I also thought the defense played really well, but could have been a bit more aggressive at times.

Edited by Scott7975

I liked the ball control against a crap team. They did what they were supposed to do.

My favorite part was having 3 time outs with under a minute left in the first half.

And I really, really liked the postgame comments he made to the team.

I thought the bills tried running too much honestly. Would've liked to see a more aggressive passing game. However, could be just the plan vs the jets. Time will tell

We had our WRs against their DBs...two unknowns. It was easier to go with the Known..that is run the ball down the Jets throat...

I think the reason it appeared there was no pass rush was because McCown was dumping quick passes...Look at this stats!