Rapoport: It's a Make or Break Year for Marcell Dareus

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is any way to get out of the contract (i.e. What Houston did with Brock Osweilier) they need to consider it. Whaley learned from Nix to mismanage the cap and contracts. This contract is horrible for a guy like Dareus as there is no accountability on his part.

Maybe he will get it, but I doubt it. He hasn't yet.

Make or break my foot. If the Bills ditch him, someone else will pay him. Sadly, he has zero risk.

This is why some contracts should be performance based. Why does he need to show up on time to meetings and be a hard worker when he gets his 100 mil either way? Makes a person just put in the bare minimum effort. If it's not the Bills paying him someone else will.

Could of had Patrick Peterson, Aj green or JJ watt...and we got this guy.

We won meaningless games that year. 1 more L and we would have had Cam Newton. Keep that in mind this year when we are 4-9 and people are cheering for us to win out

With 22 million in dead money he is going nowhere. Crappy contract!!!!!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/

I don't buy it. We will have an estimated 37 mill in cap room. Beane said he isn't going to do big FA Splashes and rely on the draft. They CAN and possibly will get rid of Dareus and his big contract if he doesn't ball out this year.

According to your link its an 11 mill cap hit next year if we do a June 1st designation and split it between 18' - 19'.

Edited by KellyToughII

This is why some contracts should be performance based. Why does he need to show up on time to meetings and be a hard worker when he gets his 100 mil either way? Makes a person just put in the bare minimum effort. If it's not the Bills paying him someone else will.

We won meaningless games that year. 1 more L and we would have had Cam Newton. Keep that in mind this year when we are 4-9 and people are cheering for us to win out

2 more losses for Newton. 1 more loss for Von Miller.

I don't buy it. We will have an estimated 37 mill in cap room. Beane said he isn't going to do big FA Splashes and rely on the draft. They CAN and possibly will get rid of Dareus and his big contract if he doesn't ball out this year.

According to your link its an 11 mill cap hit next year if we do a June 1st designation and split it between 18' - 19'.

Beane said they would find a way to move any player if they aren't going to fit.

If we have that much cap room why even get rid of him. He is worth the boneheadedness in terms of having him with us and not against us with his talent.