Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the offense is going to be a bit conservative and "off" looking in week 1. There are a ton of new parts in the offense (mainly receivers) and a new offensive system overall. I think they will look better than they did in pre-season but still look like a work in progress.

What is more important than scoring points? And yes the QB is important - did you see our offense in wk17 when no tyrod?

Especially when Sammy missed half the season and robert woods missed 3 games

Having sustained drives not losing the ball and keeping opponent from scoring is as important as scoring points.

I can deal with losing Darby, Gilmore, Woods, TD Mike etc...but dealing a potentially dynamic young wr like Sammy still doesn't make sense. Even if you plan to move on from Tyrod, why deal Sammy when he could be a huge asset to a new pocket franchise QB?

They wanted to cut down costs in rehab staff maybe?

any one can say anything they wish. I just don't see the point of bitching, and bitching and bitching.

Make the point and move on.

we do not know what this team looks like yet nor how it might progress or regress> So we can watch with enthusiasm until we cannot stand anymore I guess

I was being a smart ass about you saying the whole defense comes gunning for you when he pulls it down.

Thing is he keeps looking downfield. His first year he was quite good at that.

You are absolutely correct about him taking hits. But as far as holding up, not sure which is more prone to injury. as long as he slides.

Thing for me is, he had so many broken protections to deal with.

Preseason was absurd.

he has to improve his patience, I think we can agree there SBF?

Yup

even the ones covering the receivers?

This is why it works. Defenders have to break off and stop the run. Defenders have to keep an eye on the QB. Much harder to defend. If he can get hot passing it becomes a defensive nightmare. But Tyrod needs to become a better passer than last year for sure

That's right

Yep. If his passing skills improve and our WRs improve and play better than they look on paper TT n Shady will be a nightmare to defend.

Just re: Taylor's running and associated injuries, I have noticed him be very aware of his surroundings when he scrambles. His head is usually on a swivel and he has the quickness to make a cut out of bounds or go down before significant contact. That's what I've seen most of the time. Really hope Dennison gets him on the move early and often this season.

They could've been a legitimate threat in the playoffs in 2015 had Rex not !@#$ed up the defense. I firmly believe that.

yup !!

Just re: Taylor's running and associated injuries, I have noticed him be very aware of his surroundings when he scrambles. His head is usually on a swivel and he has the quickness to make a cut out of bounds or go down before significant contact. That's what I've seen most of the time. Really hope Dennison gets him on the move early and often this season.

goes back to his height (lack of i guess ) and creating passing lanes doesn't it John ? I mean if they want him to be a pocket passer?

2009 never gets over anything.

I tend to agree. the young fella just can't let go and move forward, no looking back. one can not dwell and hold ones self back from reality, well, some can. I'm going to believe those in control know a tad more then most if not all here on the board, well, some feel they know more. the decision was made in the teams interest going forward. they have shown, regardless of talent, if you're a remnant of the past regime and you don't fit our future goal of building the team, sayonara. they'll be more to come this next off season.

it's best to just move on, go with the process and toss some salt over your shoulder, cross your fingers and just hope they will/are making the right decisions?

sammy plays for the rams. may he fare well with his new team.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

yup !!

goes back to his height (lack of i guess ) and creating passing lanes doesn't it John ? I mean if they want him to be a pocket passer?

I personally subscribe to the theory that they just kept him to the pocket so he could work on that during the preseason and plan to move him around much more during the regular season. But yeah, I don't think his height is ideal for passing from the pocket. Taylor at 6'3" would be better for sure, but I don't think his current height completely prevents him from effective pocket passing.

Taylor provides stability at the QB position. He does not turn the ball over. He may not win you a lot of games, but he won't lose many either. And because of his "unique attributes" (legs/deep ball), he puts up points. He does not look conventional in doing so and clearly has challenges as a passer. But we coudl be much, much worse off. The talking heads see him as "underrated." I would not be so quick to run him out of town, even if we pick one QB high. Number 1 pick QBs flame often. I will never understand why it is either (from the lovers) "one more year and he will develop and be our guy" or "he will never be a franchise quarterback and has to go." I don't know that either is true. Two years of evidence proves he is responsible with the ball and will get you some points. Like any position we should always be looking to upgrade. That doesn't mean a hard-working team player like Tyrod needs to go. if we had a decent defense either of the last two years we produced enough offense to make the playoffs.

Two years of evidence says that he might squeak into the playoffs IF the Bills have a historically good defense. Taylor is the NFL's version of Spud Webb - an over-achiever who gives you hope in individual games, but is clearly not good enough to win in the long-run.

I personally subscribe to the theory that they just kept him to the pocket so he could work on that during the preseason and plan to move him around much more during the regular season. But yeah, I don't think his height is ideal for passing from the pocket. Taylor at 6'3" would be better for sure, but I don't think his current height completely prevents him from effective pocket passing.

agreed about the preseason method of coaching to work on his weaknesses. Including passing over the middle and timing patterns. But Bills O line will need to clear lanes . we saw some issue when Peterman was getting batted passes. same deal. i am sure it can be done though.

Strange prediction.

Does this group of WRs have a noted problem hanging onto the ball?

Specifically, I was referring to dropped passes, as a statistic, generally defined as the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it. I see this happening a lot this season.

So this is you wishing for a serious brain injury for Taylor all because you want a guy who you thought should start based on a few preseason games would have otherwise been the starter and retained the job...?

Amiright? I mean, Peterman was pretty clearly never close to winning any QB competition, so it couldn't be that.

Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

You putting words in my mouth is by far more pathetic... that is not what I said and you are full of it. STFU.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan