If the Colts really suck, would they trade Luck to Buffalo?

BADOLBILZ

So ridiculous. His point is that we would be stupid to trade for Luck and he is correct whether there are 10 hall of fame QBs in this draft or zero.

People falling over themselves to give up gigantic $ and multiple first round picks for a guy that has Luck's results borders on creepy.

Kim Jung QB has gone 16-0 and won the Super Bowl every year.

Wrong. His point is there's a good QB in the draft we can get cheap and that would be better than trading for Luck. He would need to, you know, name the QB that would be better? Would we be better off trading up for the next Jay Clocker? No.

How many times do you want me to answer that? Literally did it twice now.

You gave me Darnold but said you don't think we could get him. Is Mayfield your choice?

I think there's a serious case of two birds in the bush when it comes to QB prospects.

What AFC South teams do you think have the best chances of winning a Super Bowl in the next 8 seasons?

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long way to g but I'm not sure Mayfield will be a 1st round player. I haven't really looked at him at all so I am only going on the buzz in draft circles but most people seem to think he will still be there on day 2.

The player I'll be watching is Louisville's Lamar Jackson. He is still unpolished but under Petrino he is honing his game. I don't see the Bills being in a position to draft either Darnold or Rosen. They will be quickly coming off of the board. I believe that as a pro prospect Jackson will be steadily moving up the board as the season advances.

In some respects his dynamic athleticism works against him in that it overshadows his abilities as a quarterback. From what I have seen he is a polished Vick with better character and work ethic. It seems to me that both Darnold and Rosen would be more ready as pros because they play on a more pro ready office. But given more time to adjust his game Jackson will be a terrific pro.

The player I'll be watching is Louisville's Lamar Jackson. He is still unpolished but under Petrino he is honing his game. I don't see the Bills being in a position to draft either Darnold or Rosen. They will be quickly coming off of the board. I believe that as a pro prospect Jackson will be steadily moving up the board as the season advances.

In some respects his dynamic athleticism works against him in that it overshadows his abilities as a quarterback. From what I have seen he is a polished Vick with better character and work ethic. It seems to me that both Darnold and Rosen would be more ready as pros because they play on a more pro ready office. But given more time to adjust his game Jackson will be a terrific pro.

If we could snag him in the 2nd round, it would be a steal

The way many speak of him luck needs to play defense as well to make his team win. Just hilarious.

bills, jags, niners, jets, skins, cardinals all looking for a qb next year. cousins goes to one. so 5 teams to get in front of. I'd prefer cousins and just load the team with talent with all those picks.

No more dual threat QBs for me. I want a guy who stands a chance of being the face of the franchise for fifteen years. Not interested in any guy whose premier skill is running. I've read all about Jackson "honing his game" and that scares the hell out of me. Every time Taylor crosses the LOS it's open season on his shoulder and legs. If you don't think Carolina's LBs are thinking that way you're delusional. Every QB scrambles, but I want it to be as a last resort, not part of the game plan.

If we could snag him in the 2nd round, it would be a steal

The approach you are suggesting is the reason why the Bills keep missing out on good qb prospects. It is better to draft a qb a round sooner than wait a round later when addressing that position. If the Bills would have drafted Russell Wilson, Carr, Prescott etc a little bit early instead of waiting this franchise would be in a better situation.

Lamar Jackson is not a finished product. He, more than Darnold and Rosen, has to polish his game to be a success in the pros. Smart and reasonable projecting would pay dividends when applied to this tremendously talented player.

I'll make a prediction: By the time the season is over he will be ranked as a top ten prospect, regardless of position. Especially for this befuddled franchise dithering on the qb position has strangled this franchise. It's time that it loosens the self-administered noose and take a proactive approach to addressing such a critical need.

The approach you are suggesting is the reason why the Bills keep missing out on good qb prospects. It is better to draft a qb a round sooner than wait a round later when addressing that position. If the Bills would have drafted Russell Wilson, Carr, Prescott etc a little bit early instead of waiting this franchise would be in a better situation.

Lamar Jackson is not a finished product. He, more than Darnold and Rosen, has to polish his game to be a success in the pros. Smart and reasonable projecting would pay dividends when applied to this tremendously talented player.

I'll make a prediction: By the time the season is over he will be ranked as a top ten prospect, regardless of position. Especially for this befuddled franchise dithering on the qb position has strangled this franchise. It's time that it loosens the self-administered noose and take a proactive approach to addressing such a critical need.

all good points...

Edited by JaCrispy

Aww, thanks BADOL!

How awesome would that be for you to have a fellow Rosen QB'ing the Bills?

Actually thought about that during that comeback game for JR against A&M......you were always a jersey guy even back when there weren't nearly as many people wearing them at the games so I figured you'd probably get one of each. :lol:

I am not sure Crisped was suggesting was to wait.

I may be off but i took it as he was agreeing with you in a defined manner. He suggested Lamar should go before the second round , when we pick perhaps?

Thing is you want a QB who fits your program to some degree ? McDermott seems to be about character so far.

No reason not to be waiting a year to develop some one a bit rough in the second. we can retain Tyrod.

Teams don't trade franchise qbs unless there is something very, very wrong with the player.

I don't even like the guy anymore.

but something is amiss here.

"hanging with Jim Irsay" an essay by Luck about his decaying orbit

....Andrew has been a victim of circumstance with Irsay and Grigson....feel sorry for the lad because he does have talent.....then again, the top three owner buffoons in the NFL are Jones, Snyder and yup......Irsay....Moe, Larry & Curly...trade for Andrew...nope.....we are in TT's "show me " year, Peterman is coming along nicely and with six picks in the first three rounds for 2018, I like our position.....good things may not happen this year, but Buffalo has NOT been in such a poised position for years going forward IMO....

Wrong. His point is there's a good QB in the draft we can get cheap and that would be better than trading for Luck. He would need to, you know, name the QB that would be better? Would we be better off trading up for the next Jay Clocker? No.

Your strange obsession with Luck has clouded your reading comprehension and use of logic. The point of the thread is trading for Luck if the Colts are in a high draft position. As you may be aware, the draft will not occur until this season has been over for a while. With that being the case, why would he have to know which QB he wants right now? Why not wait out the season and, you know, watch some of the prospects play?

I mean it is clear you have swallowed the kool aid on Luck a long time ago, but geez dude try to restrict it to distorting his results and don't let it force you to criticize a bunch of college kids.

Your strange obsession with Luck has clouded your reading comprehension and use of logic. The point of the thread is trading for Luck if the Colts are in a high draft position. As you may be aware, the draft will not occur until this season has been over for a while. With that being the case, why would he have to know which QB he wants right now? Why not wait out the season and, you know, watch some of the prospects play?

I mean it is clear you have swallowed the kool aid on Luck a long time ago, but geez dude try to restrict it to distorting his results and don't let it force you to criticize a bunch of college kids.

Because otherwise, it's a kooky grass is greener argument.

"One of these kids might be as good or better than Luck, so I'd rather take one and risk him being absolute trash like 90% of drafted QB's instead of a QB who has proven to play at a high level in the NFL" isn't a great strategy.

That's Alpha's argument. And if the QB he decides to hitch his wagon on ends up losing a backup competition 4 years after being drafted, he'd be proven incorrect.

Because otherwise, it's a kooky grass is greener argument.

"One of these kids might be as good or better than Luck, so I'd rather take one and risk him being absolute trash like 90% of drafted QB's instead of a QB who has proven to play at a high level in the NFL" isn't a great strategy.

That's Alpha's argument. And if the QB he decides to hitch his wagon on ends up losing a backup competition 4 years after being drafted, he'd be proven incorrect.

Completely silly.

Now if in April he said "I like Mayfield and would rather pick him than trade for Luck" and we pick Mayfield and Luck and his gigantic contract get traded to a different team and he turns his career around and Mayfield does terrible, then maybe you'd have a case. But it is not April right now so there is no need for him to define that tern within his argument. He is simply saying it is much easier to win if you have the luxury of having a good QB on a low salary. You know, like the Seahawks did with Wilson.

You can argue all you want about Luck's litany of excuses and it is possible that all of these excuses which keep piling up year after year have conspired against him and resulted in him not winning, but you cannot argue that his presence wouldn't limit a team due to his salary. It would.

Completely silly.

Now if in April he said "I like Mayfield and would rather pick him than trade for Luck" and we pick Mayfield and Luck and his gigantic contract get traded to a different team and he turns his career around and Mayfield does terrible, then maybe you'd have a case. But it is not April right now so there is no need for him to define that tern within his argument. He is simply saying it is much easier to win if you have the luxury of having a good QB on a low salary. You know, like the Seahawks did with Wilson.

You can argue all you want about Luck's litany of excuses and it is possible that all of these excuses which keep piling up year after year have conspired against him and resulted in him not winning, but you cannot argue that his presence wouldn't limit a team due to his salary. It would.

I guess we'll have to wait three years to know if he's right.

Obviously, it's easier to win with good players on low salaries. What a novel concept. Can we move beyond first-grade analysis?

And that would be dumb. Why gut your team for one player? You end up with the Colts version 2.

I'm pretty confident none of them will be on the Bills in 3 years time, regardless of whether my dumb hypothetical trade happens. So if you think they comprise the guts of the roster you're in for a rough couple of seasons after 2018.

Not worth the money, just an average QB

What has he done that has been so great in this league, he is not a franchise QB

Well,for starters, Cousins has thrown for 9,000 yards and 54 TDs in the past two seasons. That sounds like a better than average QB to me. Do you agree?