Imo-JWill gone because ball security issues and I m thrilled

JerseyBills

And I love it. I feel this staff has a clear and affirmative vision. Ball security, Top 10 D, Top 5 run game has been a recipe for success in every era of football.

Williams had 28 total touches last year and fumbled twice.

Meanwhile, Baynard,who is a similar runner ,has zero career fumbles. Dimarco has zero career fumbles. Tolbert hasn't fumbled in 5 years. Yes Taiwan has had fumble issues but I guess the staff feels he is more versatile with ST and adds a different dynamic with his elite speed. Oh and don't forget Tyrod Taylor who is an elite runner.

We have a proven elite run game for two years and a defense that looks noticably quicker and more aggressive. It's very realistic they finish top 10 or better and the run game is top 5 or better. Limit turnovers and this is an instant recipe for success and contention this year.

I'm getting a little tired of the tank talk. "McDermott doesn't care about winning" statements, I'm sure McD,Beane and Dennison hated their Super Bowl experience 2 years ago ,SMH. Give this team a few games and be prepared to be pleasently surprised, there's an obvious vision and motivation behind these moves. 10+ wins

Edited by JerseyBills

And I love it. I feel this staff has a clear and affirmative vision. Ball security, Top 10 D, Top 5 run game has been a recipe for success in every era of football.

Meanwhile, Baynard,who is a similar runner ,has zero career fumbles. Dimarco has zero career fumbles. Tolbert hasn't fumbled in 5 years. Yes Taiwan has had fumble issues but I guess the staff feels he is more versatile with ST and adds a different dynamic with his elite speed. Oh and don't forget Tyrod Taylor who is an elite runner.

We have a proven elite run game for two years and a defense that looks noticably quicker and more aggressive. It's very realistic they finish top 10 or better and the run game is top 5 or better. Limit turnovers and this is an instant recipe for success and contention this year.

I'm getting a little tired of the tank talk. "McDermott doesn't care about winning" statements, I'm sure McD,Beane and Dennison hated their Super Bowl experience 2 years ago ,SMH. Give this team a few games and be prepared to be pleasently surprised, there's an obvious vision and motives behind these moves. 10+ wins

How many Fumbles did he have this offseason. Banyard fumbled this offseason

And tolbert avg 3.3 ypc and sucks as a halfback. But is friends with the coach so theres that.

And the 1970s called they want their football back

Edited by MAJBobby

I'm getting a little tired of the tank talk. "McDermott doesn't care about winning" statements, I'm sure McD,Beane and Dennison hated their Super Bowl experience 2 years ago ,SMH. Give this team a few games and be prepared to be pleasently surprised, there's an obvious vision and motives behind these moves. 10+ wins

And tolbert avg 3.3 ypc and sucks as a halfback. But is friends with the coach so theres that.

Or the Seahawks, steelers who have won the same way. Facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the Seahawks, steelers who have won the same way. Facts.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EXCEPTION not the Norm. See how that works

So the run game has no place in the game? More top 5 defenses have won titles than top 5 offenses over the last 20 years

Williams knew that ball security was an issue last season, and worked hard to correct it, with promising results in the preseason. I agree that Joe Banyard is a similar back, but I'm not sure why the Bills kept him over Williams, except that there seems to be an emphasis by this administration on experience over youth as evidenced by the average age of the team members. Tobert and Taiwan Jones are very different types of backs. That seems to be by design.

So the run game has no place in the game? More top 5 defenses have won titles than top 5 offenses over the last 20 years Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at the rate the Bills use it. But hey when you have a RB playing QB i guess that is what you need to do.

Cowboys get celebrated for huge run game but bills are hated for it. Hawks use big defense to win but when we want the bills to we are hated on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Cowboys win a SB lately?

Hawks? Wilson had to put alot of games on his back in their run

But its ok your probably one of those callers on WGR i hear talk about OL and Defense win championships. Not QBs like i have heard for the last 17 years

Edited by MAJBobby

Since we are bringing up this offseason, Tolbert averaged 4.7 yac in THIS offense THIS offseason with THIS team. T jones 6.4. If you hate this team so much, then take some time off. It is going to be what it is under Beane and McDermott and many of us love it.

Cowboys get celebrated for huge run game but bills are hated for it. Hawks use big defense to win but when we want the bills to we are hated on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboys and Hawks can throw the ball effectively, the Bills cant.

Since we are bringing up this offseason, Tolbert averaged 4.7 yac in THIS offense THIS offseason with THIS team. T jones 6.4. If you hate this team so much, then take some time off. It is going to be what it is under Beane and McDermott and many of us love it.

Yes third go away post.

tolbert hasnt avg 4.7 this offseason. Right there with his 3.33 ypc. 20 yards on 6 carries is what Edited by MAJBobby

Maybe. Jwill and barnyard are interchangeable at this point. banyard was a better blocker in preseason. Jwill has PS eligibility so hes the one who goes. If he's claimed then they just put another young RB on the PS.

If they are interchangeable, JWil is 5 years younger.

Ball security? Blocking? Something else? I don't know why the Bills waived JW.

Clearly our coaches thought Banyard offered more and, for now, that's good enough for me. We're talking about a backup RB, after all.

It would be great, though, if we had local media guys who could get behind the scenes and tell us why these decisions are being made.

Clearly our coaches thought Banyard offered more and, for now, that's good enough for me. We're talking about a backup RB, after all.

It would be great, though, if we had local media guys who could get behind the scenes and tell us why these decisions are being made.

They will never do that. The ones that would people yell fake news about or cynic or he sucks.

The rest just loft up softballs and fluff pieces

Running the ball is great. But the cowboys are still paying witten like 8m a year and dez like 14 a year and Terrence Williams like 5m per and cole Beasley like 3.5 per and before falling into dak had romo at 20.... you can't act like they aren't heavily invested in having a competent passing game (which also helps create a viable running game)

Edited by NoSaint

Cowboys get celebrated for huge run game but bills are hated for it. Hawks use big defense to win but when we want the bills to we are hated on. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd Cowboys win a SB lately?

Hawks? Wilson had to put alot of games on his back in their run

But its ok your probably one of those callers on WGR i hear talk about OL and Defense win championships. Not QBs like i have heard for the last 17 years

Ha Wilson had to put the team on his back? Omg that's hilarious. Hawks down 9-6 in the fourth and Wilson leads a game winning drive! He's a hero...Meanwhile where was he the rest of the game? The defense held the other side to 9 points all game! Ha.

You need to be great on defense and at least good on offense to win. You really hate that we're good at something don't you? As soon as we get a pass game top in the league and maybe we look like the saints going 7-9 each year and you go...man we won more games with tyrod and shady!

I hear you. I miss the leaks.

Running the ball is great. But the cowboys are still paying witten like 8m a year and dez like 14 a year and Terrence Williams like 5m per and cole Beasley like 3.5 per and before falling into dak had romo at 20.... you can't act like they aren't heavily invested in having a competent passing game (which also helps create a viable running game)

Correct. The Dallas model is actually find cheap role players for Marinelli's cover 2 defense and win with a very expensively assembled (both picks and cash) offense.

I am all for playing great defense and being able to run the ball even when the opposition know it is coming. The problem is the Bills have never done both at the same time. Building a dominant defense and building a top level run blocking offensive line is not easy and takes time. But the plan should always be to do both until such time as you have a QB and then drop him in with the pieces in place as far as possible.

Friends with him or he played for him?? There's a big difference, but I get it, the "friends" part fits your narrative better.

Promised the 3rd HB in March. Hmmm does that fit the earn it. narrative?

I wanted to see J Will stay because he flashed versatility in preseason and also so we'd feel less upset that other 5th round pick Gilislee is gone....read above JWIll is eligible for practice squad - didn't know that and why the delay to sign him?

Has to clear waivers first

Ha Wilson had to put the team on his back? Omg that's hilarious. Hawks down 9-6 in the fourth and Wilson leads a game winning drive! He's a hero...Meanwhile where was he the rest of the game? The defense held the other side to 9 points all game! Ha. You need to be great on defense and at least good on offense to win. You really hate that we're good at something don't you? As soon as we get a pass game top in the league and maybe we look like the saints going 7-9 each year and you go...man we won more games with tyrod and shady! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did TT even do any of the falsehood your describing? Nope maybe Tenn but that was also his faulu because of his 1st half play as well.

Ha Wilson had to put the team on his back? Omg that's hilarious. Hawks down 9-6 in the fourth and Wilson leads a game winning drive! He's a hero...Meanwhile where was he the rest of the game? The defense held the other side to 9 points all game! Ha. You need to be great on defense and at least good on offense to win. You really hate that we're good at something don't you? As soon as we get a pass game top in the league and maybe we look like the saints going 7-9 each year and you go...man we won more games with tyrod and shady! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure you do. Hmmm how has Denvers GREAT defense done.

Alot easier to play defense when you have an offense that can score at will. Ie an ELITE offense can make a great defense. Not the other way around. But that is Modern Football. Why do you think no matter who NE brings in on defense or who they lose they are ALWAYS a top defense. Easy to play that when you are up 2 scores early

And Bills fans love the in your face smashmouth blue collar stuff or 1970s football

Edited by MAJBobby

Meanwhile, Baynard,who is a similar runner ,has zero career fumbles. Dimarco has zero career fumbles.

Pretty tough to fumble if you don't touch the ball.

Banyard has 23 career carries over five years (with two, count em', two since 2014). DiMarco has ONE career carry in FIVE years!

Maybe. Jwill and barnyard are interchangeable at this point. banyard was a better blocker in preseason. Jwill has PS eligibility so hes the one who goes. If he's claimed then they just put another young RB on the PS.

He played last season so what makes JWill still available for the practice squad?

Asking for a friend :bag::lol:

He played last season so what makes JWill still available for the practice squad?

Asking for a friend :bag::lol:

for guys like him you just need to have less than 2 full accrued seasons on a 53 (6 or more games counts as accrued season). However you can also add vets (up to 4) anyway meaning they can have two or more accrued seasons of NFL experience.

This means that any player from the 2015, 2016, or 2017 draft classes is eligible.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Since we are bringing up this offseason, Tolbert averaged 4.7 yac in THIS offense THIS offseason with THIS team.

Take out one carry for 15 yards in the first exhibition game and Tolbert averaged 3.3 ypc (32 yards on 9 carries).

Take out JWill's longest preseason carry (the 21 yard TD vs. DET) and he averaged 5.0 ypc (104 yards on 20 carries)

I see Jersey doesnt come back to address his spun stats

The idea that a run-first offense/top10 def can't work in this day and age is overblown. Teams with a top ten QB are usually more successful but the Ravens, RexJets & Broncos of recent years say hello.

Take out one carry for 15 yards in the first exhibition game and Tolbert averaged 3.3 ypc (32 yards on 9 carries).

Take out JWill's longest preseason carry (the 21 yard TD vs. DET) and he averaged 5.0 ypc (104 yards on 20 carries)

Why would you take away a 15 yd run? To support your angle? Might as well take away a few of his bad runs too then.

The idea that a run-first offense/top10 def can't work in this day and age is overblown. Teams with a top ten QB are usually more successful but the Ravens, RexJets & Broncos of recent years say hello.

Why would you take away a 15 yd run? To support your angle? Might as well take away a few of his bad runs too then.

Yes i have SAID they are EXCEPTIONS. So you want to be an Exception or the NORM? Edited by MAJBobby