Anybody miss Whaley yet?

CDogg20

Playoff Caliber, looooooooooooooooooool. Whaley looks like a genius compared to these idiots. There Tanking from b the young up. Has anyone here ever seen that before? Head scratcher is a word used by many fans this offseason. This team is a jk and the worst thing about it is they have enough talent to win just enough gms to not draft the top QB on the board.

A friend of mine is a huge Jets fan and he said, "the Bills Suck", and my only viable reply was, "you're just jealous because we're better at sucking than your jets".

If we loose to the Jets week 1 - I may not watch another NFL game all year - Thanks alot McD & Beane. You had a plan but then got too cute for yourselves. NEXT!

We're the best at mediocre not bad enough to go 1-15 and draft Darnold. We can't even Tank right. The Bills remind me of the Knicks . Never truly hit rock bottom to get that franchise savior

I would rather he the Bengals because they at least make the playoffs. Where does a Bills fan get off sticking their nose up at a team that has made the playoffs 5 years in a row?

They never win a playoff game. I feel that would be worse than our drought.

Just adding a little fuel to the fire here. After the moves that have been made recently is there anyone out there that misses DW yet? Been so many head scratcher moves lately I don't know how to feel about the new regime anymore. One day I love em the next I hate em. At least with Whaley we knew he wasn't gonna blindside us and his priority was to win now.

No.

1) They haven't played a single game yet.

2) The moves are not that bad if you investigate the rationale.

3) Whaley was the worst GM in the league with a league low of 22% drafted players on the roster. Could not get any worse.

That's my point, there is no way to know if Beane will end up being good at accumulating talent until this plays out more.

You can kind of pencil in the value of picks. Unless you think we hit homers on all our picks this year and will likewise next-- it seems that a relatively normal outcome from the drafts will leave us with self created open holes still.

I'm going to have to disagree on the above.

How was he stuck on his guy, EJ? After EJ he brought in Kyle Orton. The following year Tyrod Taylor. The next year he drafted Cardale, and last year Peterman.

He put in a lot of effort and was not "stuck on EJ" IMHO.

Never confuse effort with results.

This is such a distortion of reality that I am not sure if you are actually serious?

You can kind of pencil in the value of picks. Unless you think we hit homers on all our picks this year and will likewise next-- it seems that a relatively normal outcome from the drafts will leave us with self created open holes still.

let's revisit this topic in 15 months

Cap Trouble and trading away picks to win now and the best he could do was ,500

EJ and Cardale...

Using a 1,1,2,4,4,4 on Watkins and Ragland...

Horrific contracts...

Moronic press conferences...

Weak drafts...

7 years in major role without playoffs...

No I don't miss Whaley. Does it mean McBeane is any better? No, only time will tell.

I didn't think Whaley was too bad but when you say it like this, yeah he was bad and needed to go.

Yeah Ima stupid one too I reckon.

You just wait some team gonna snap up that Douglas Whaley quicker than a bee to honey.

Now I myself am thinkin' he were the stupidest GM at drafting and at getting along with people in the whole league. And there was that thing folks noticed about how he couldn't talk. You know, couldn't string his words together like a normal person. All of the mistake making and draft busting and the babbling and that there GIANT contract for Marcel who ain't the most serious young man, why that stuff will just plumb fool a simple bumpkin like me into thinking he just ain't very good.

But now we gonna get to see how good he is when the other teams swoop down to have Douglas Whaley run things, and then you can rightly tell me you told me so.

This is fantastic, OBVIOUSLY !

....Whaley is gone and still getting harpooned (ditto for Nix)......(Bubba) Beane and McD don't know what the hell they're doing....Pegula is a clueless owner.....and the hits just keep on comin'......and the season ain't even here yet.....seat belt and popcorn.......turbulence ahead.....

....Whaley is gone and still getting harpooned (ditto for Nix)......(Bubba) Beane and McD don't know what the hell they're doing....Pegula is a clueless owner.....and the hits just keep on comin'......and the season ain't even here yet.....seat belt and popcorn.......turbulence ahead.....

(For historic purposes)

On this day, September 4th, 2017, BadLandsMeanie agreed totally with a post from OldTimeAFLGuy.