John Miller Start packing your bags

MAJBobby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the one coaching hire by McDermott I never understand. Most refer to him as adequate to below par coach at best. Maybe Miller isn't the answer, but Dicasse is a pile of hot garbage and everyone seems to realize it but, McD, Castillo and Beane. And I am starting to feel like this is turning into Gregg Williams - Part 2. Bring in familiar faces, jettison better, talented players and think you know better than most everyone else.

quote name="MAJBobby" post="4509648" timestamp="1504462269"]

Ducasse has much more going for him. He is boys with Castillo.

You're a moron if you think he's cutting guys just because of Whaley. Still got Shaq. Still got all of our picks from this past year.

Whaley was the GM for 4 seasons and had to do 2 roster rebuilds of his own for different coaches /schemes. 2 time in offfense, and really 3 on d. With drafts and free agency and free agency well over half the team was "Whaley guys". With yet another rebuild they are targeting players the value in their team and system and making room the only way one can. There is no anti Whaley vendetta in the works here.

I didn't get jwill cut either he was the preseason MVP. But they have an upcoming season to prove themselves and their approach.

....this "Panthers connection" crap is getting nauseating......shades of Wrecks and "Jets West".........

Is it cronyism or is the GM who liked a player as a talent evaluator in Carolina is still liking a player now that he's doing it in buffalo?

McDermott ran the 2017 draft.

That's an important foundation statement we need to has put here.... are Zay and trey Whaley guys or not?

Miller may be no good at the cut-type zone blocking needed in the new run offense. Ever think of that? The new run offense blocking is 180 deg switch from the Roman run game. Need to be super agile and be able to slide off and get upfield... maybe he can't do it very well? It's at least a possibility. Plus I am in agreement that anyone not wanting to go through a complete team restart with completely new and different schemes needs to go as they will be cancers in the locker room eventually.

In any event, this was a 4 win team with or without Williams and Miller. Rex ruined the locker room with his country club, hands-off attitude. set the franchise back a few years. it needs to be rebuilt.

Maybe bandit can make sense of which players are a fit where in Castillo's system, I have no idea.

Taylor is a decent guy I hated to see get injured. Would hate to see that happen to Peterman also.

They need to have it together against a good Jets D

Edited by ALF

McDermott and Beane = Eric Mangini with the Browns. Gutted Winslow and Braylon Edwards, and brought in floods of ex-Jets and Patriots on their last NFL legs.

Failed miserably.

Except not one former Panther is a starter! And besides Tolbert and maybe Klay, no former Panther is going to see significant playing time. This is nothing like Rex , Mangini, etc. The overreacting is real

Whaley was the GM for 4 seasons and had to do 2 roster rebuilds of his own for different coaches /schemes. 2 time in offfense, and really 3 on d. With drafts and free agency and free agency well over half the team was "Whaley guys". With yet another rebuild they are targeting players the value in their team and system and making room the only way one can. There is no anti Whaley vendetta in the works here.

I didn't get jwill cut either he was the preseason MVP. But they have an upcoming season to prove themselves and their approach.

Is it cronyism or is the GM who liked a player as a talent evaluator in Carolina is still liking a player now that he's doing it in buffalo?

That's an important foundation statement we need to has put here.... are Zay and trey Whaley guys or not?

Keep telling yourself that there's "no anti Whaley vendetta in the works here" and it's not cronyism ... even though cutting Jonathan Williams is ANOTHER move that makes no sense ... even though Vlad Ducasse has never, ever been more than a bad right guard since his rookie season as a Jest ... even though "Zay and Trey" are "McDermott guys" ... Keep reminding yourself of the "important foundation statement" that Beane and McDermott have made while watching the crappy, boring play-not-to-lose-by-too-much team they put on the field this season and as long as they last in B-lo.

I've said before that McDermott seemed too similar to Dick Jauron to like him, and now I'm convinced they truly are soul mates. I can easily see mind-numbing 6-3/12-6 puntfest losses in the Bills future.