KC to CJ Spiller - bye felicia

boyst

Will CJ get any action this season?

@Chiefs

We have released RB C.J. Spiller. We have promoted RB Akeem Hunt from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. Hunt will wear #31.

DJ3APVhU8AAjGEX.jpg

12:38 PM - 16 Sep 2017

I can only imagine they have been re-signing CJ, quizzing him on the playbook immediately after, then cutting him when he gets an assignment wrong.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will CJ get any action this season?

@Chiefs

We have released RB C.J. Spiller. We have promoted RB Akeem Hunt from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. Hunt will wear #31.

DJ3APVhU8AAjGEX.jpg

12:38 PM - 16 Sep 2017

Fantasy football implications:

Acquire Akeem Hunt and try to trade him hoping your opponent will think he is Kareem Hunt.

CJ is a good person and was had a great year as a Bill. There's no reason to mock him or tear him down. He did have limitations as a RB in blocking and vision. If he still has speed and quickness he'd be an effective KR -- I still remember a Thursday night game where he ran a KO back. I don't know whether he'd be good at returning punts. He has the physical skills to be an effective slot receiver but probably not the ability to recognize coverages and make adjustments to get open.

If his career is over, I wish him well. I also with the Bills had never drafted him since we didn't need him and we had so many other holes to fill, but it's never the player's fault if he's drafted higher than it turns out is justified.

• 5 weeks later...

:lol:

Chiefs re-sign running back C.J. Spiller for the fourth time

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article179153346.html

I just like when my thread is bumped. It's really like the movie.

Can I have a roster spot? Just one?

Bye CJ!

Can I just practice with you guys?

Bye CJ!

Can I play this week?

Bye CJ!

does he get a signing bonus each time?

hell just one time is more than we make in a year I'd bet

It's sad that people seem to taking pleasure in a good guy getting cut.

No kidding. Chan knew how to use him. Too many coaches are complicated for being "flexible" with their schemes when tney are not. I hope he gets another shot with someone that understands how to use him effectively.

No kidding. Chan knew how to use him. Too many coaches are complicated for being "flexible" with their schemes when tney are not. I hope he gets another shot with someone that understands how to use him effectively.

they just need to get him into space. He has enough talent to be the MVP. Well, he'd have to beat out Sammy first. Edited by mrags