National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again. Links were posted before you responded.

But it doesn't matter. The fact is, those are facts.

You are terrible at this, I don't see the additions you add later on as I'm typing my response...furthermore the point remains the same name and race are two different things.

Again, you are projecting your mistakes on others.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Oh I've offended thee...I'm SOOO sorry. I know editing my posts to correct grammar makes me a bad person, again, I apologize.

One thing to keep in mind, you started this line of conversation, you have now become upset over your own actions.

I'm not offended or upset. The majority of posts here, mine included, were in response to the OP who had taken offense. Your position is in support of his, clearly.

While I 100% have no problem with Colin Kaep, just one thing to keep in mind: the 1st amendment that so many people here keep bringing up doesnt necessarily apply to the workplace. The NFL is a private employer. Kaep and Jefferson are on company time inside of an NFL stadium, wearing an NFL uniform. You cant just say 1st amendment. Its not that simple.

This is true. Still, people are talking (I think) more about their opinions of his actions than whether the NFL or a given team can/should do something to prevent the actions.

I'm not offended or upset. The majority of posts here, mine included, were in response to the OP who had taken offense. Your position is in support of his, clearly.

At no point, ever in this thread had I supported his post...Add very poor insight to your TBD resume. In fact I specifically called it flawed in OUR (you and I)conversation...Pay attention

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Cultural familiarity is not racism. I would pick James over Johanes or Svetlana every time.

You might. A racist might have different reasons. Plus it wasn't only jobs. The study also showed that people with black sounding names were lesss likely to receive responses from the government when requesting information. Is that cultural familiarity?

Still expression. What if it was pictures of pigs with no reference to police?

I was being sarcastic because if you have the right to protest the National Anthem you obviously also have the right to wear socks with police pigs on them. Doesn't mean I agree with it though and the baggage that comes along with Kaepernick is why he isn't on an NFL roster right now.

Maybe we can all agree on this. My older daughter sent an audition tape to OBD to sing the anthem. She just graduated with her BFA in music theater and has a beautiful classic soprano voice. Think Julie Andrews. She would consider it an honor to sing the Anthem (and an all time Bills highlight for dad), she sings it the way it was written, and when she has sung it at different events it brings tears to people's eyes. And if folks didn't stand or whatever she would understand.

So how about it board? Everyone let OBD know the girl from Indiana that's a huge Bills fan should get her shot!

You mean sheet got her BFA from IU in Bloomington, or she is from the State of Indiana?

Well, either way, I give her my vote of approval.

You might. A racist might have different reasons. Plus it wasn't only jobs. The study also showed that people with black sounding names were lesss likely to receive responses from the government when requesting information. Is that cultural familiarity?

You have the ability to tell whether someone is black from their name? That's racist

Edited by Turbosrrgood

So if you hear the name Mr Johnson, you already know whether they are black or not? What about Lee, you know for sure they are Chinese? If you believe so, that's racist.

Wow. Quite possibly the stupidest thing to appear in this thread. Amazing.

What about the other $300,000?? All talk.

Ha ha, you can't be serious. Just take the L and walk away. Cleary you weren't very informed on the topic if you didn't even know about the money pledged.

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/colin-kaepernick-nfl-national-anthem-protest-one-million-dollar-pledge-donations-empower-communities/amp

Maybe we can all agree on this. My older daughter sent an audition tape to OBD to sing the anthem. She just graduated with her BFA in music theater and has a beautiful classic soprano voice. Think Julie Andrews. She would consider it an honor to sing the Anthem (and an all time Bills highlight for dad), she sings it the way it was written, and when she has sung it at different events it brings tears to people's eyes. And if folks didn't stand or whatever she would understand.

So how about it board? Everyone let OBD know the girl from Indiana that's a huge Bills fan should get her shot!

Great thing for your family.

Just curious, she sings it the way it was written, what does that mean? No electric guitar like Hendrix?