This is how epically bad we are.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

Guys that are always hurt never reach their potential. Thats Watkins picked on potential facts are he cant stay on the field. Added a productive player who lines up every week in Mathews

Cyrus is in Lions camp and will make the roster and just turned 24

Darby can't play zone, was an absolute mess last year if we dont remember

Ducasse was signed as a guy who knew zone blocking - if it truly was a competition with Miller I dont understand this one

Karlos is a fifth round pick not 1st, any production from a fifth rounder is a bonus. The guy smoked his way out of the league thats on him not Buffalo

best said from McDermott and Beane - we're not collecting talent (Whaley) were building a football team

Or this team was 9-7 with lots of talent and then we hired Rex. Under Whaley's watch, he had a top 5 defense and top 10 offense.

He never got to pick a head coach. There's some BS going on that this was sometime of broken team and we need to rebuild it. This team was a franchise qb away from being a contender and now we just are blowing it up.

Hopefully, my grandkids will finally get to see the Bills in the playoffs.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

This looks more like this regime don't have a clue on how to acquire young talent. The goal is to add talent not picks especially when you have no experience at.... You think we needed to trade two draft picks for Zay Jones or two draft picks for the lineman how about drafting the smallest linebackers since the kelsay/schoebal days. Carolina has no good track record for drafting so I have little faith in this regime. Sorry but it looks like if you are 30 and over you have a chance to get signed or resigned with this group...... We are headed for dark times .... I cant wait for a competent GM and coachto finally arrive

Or this team was 9-7 with lots of talent and then we hired Rex. Under Whaley's watch, he had a top 5 defense and top 10 offense.

He never got to pick a head coach. There's some BS going on that this was sometime of broken team and we need to rebuild it. This team was a franchise qb away from being a contender and now we just are blowing it up.

Hiring Rex, over promoting Schwartz is the gift that keeps on giving.

This looks more like this regime don't have a clue on how to acquire young talent. The goal is to add talent not picks especially when you have no experience at.... You think we needed to trade two draft picks for Zay Jones or two draft picks for the lineman how about drafting the smallest linebackers since the kelsay/schoebal days. Carolina has no good track record for drafting so I have little faith in this regime. Sorry but it looks like if you are 30 and over you have a chance to get signed or resigned with this group...... We are headed for dark times .... I cant wait for a competent GM and coachto finally arrive

Damn Millennials are taking over the whole sport...........gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!

Next thing you know the players will be living in tiny houses!

Spot on post and equals the truth.

I think my main point is as follows: Darby, Watkins, Ragland are all 24 and under. Not even in their prime yet. All of them were 1st/2nd round picks. If I have a manager/GM interview with me and tell me that his idea of "cleaning house" is getting rid of the young players, I'd have a slight issue with that. In my opinion, an NFL franchise can't operate in this manner.

This team wasn't 2-14. With Rex Ryan (who is a crap coach), we were a .500 team. Did ownership ever ask the potential new GM what he thought of the players on the team? Did that question ever come up?

Edited by bobobonators

we have been a bad team for a long time so you would think we would have amassed a lot of talented players since we pick high or at least in the top half usually. here are the players that remain on the team out of our draft picks from 2005-2015:

- Kyle Williams (very good, possibly last year)

- Eric Wood (good, signed exentsion)

- Marcel Dareus (Mr. Big Puff, trade bait)

- Cordy Glenn (good but often injured)

- Preston Brown (probably his last year)

- Seantrel Henderson (suspended backup)

- John Miller (backup)

- Nick O'Leary (starting to catch on but very mediocre)

- Dez Lewis (probable cut)

THAT'S IT!!!! absolutely embarassing

only 9 players remain from a decade of drafting high and after this year that list may be cut in half

Edited by kdiggz

So wouldnt this be "how epically bad we WERE?"

So wouldnt this be "how epically bad we WERE?"

Not really. Like i said before above: when we hired the new GM and manager we obviously didnt do a good job of matching the personnel talent to the coach/GM. One thing is to cut aging veterans and purge the roster from the top down but to trade away the young pieces? We are setting ourselves back. I hope im wrong.

Dude, Doug Whaley is the anti-Christ and purging every player, coach, trainer, ball boy or secretary he had a hand in selecting is doing the Lord's work. If we could trade McCoy, Hughes, Clay, Cog, and Tyrod now for some pocket lint and baseball cards, I say do it. At least that way we get something for them rather than just cut them. Its the only way.

But Nix and Whaley were great GM's....

This teams talent has sucked for years. Its no where near where Bills fans hyped it to be. Thank God McBeane sees this and is cleaning house

We are seeing the results of cleaning up a previous regimes mess.

Why are you the only one who gets this? There are other posters too but are we supposed to keep the old stuff just to justify the picks? I think it's bold to clean house & on board with the overhaul.

But Nix and Whaley were great GM's....

This teams talent has sucked for years. Its no where near where Bills fans hyped it to be. Thank God McBeane sees this and is cleaning house

I find this take interesting. Nix and Whaley were poor Gms and bad at evaluating talent. But somehow McBeane, with no track record is doing the right thing AND is going to evaluate talent correctly and draft the right guys.

Let me ask this, what if they are worse than Whaley/Nix?

That outcome is as possible as them being better.