Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor's the right answer for week 1.

Plus, ya know, McDermott stated pretty clearly that Taylor's the starter of the Bills. I'm a Bills fan, and so I'm pretty sure therefore Taylor's my QB.

If he stinks up the joint for a few games, I'll be fine with a switch.

why let him stink it up for a few games? I say if he shows no sign of managing the offense, stinking up the joint game one, no need to wait a few games to pull the plug.

the pressure is on him, big time.

I voted for peterman.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Does anyone who attended the open practices know how much practice Peterman has had with the 1s? With Taylor out for at least a week, hopefully he will get time with the 1s to develop timing and chemistry. My biggest concern with Peterman were his blocked passes. Was it mostly on his mechanics, throwing the ball too low, or was it mostly bad protection from the dumpster fire we call an Oline? Even Ritchie was a penalty machine.

The penalties on the Oline were unforgivable, they couldn't even line up properly. I hold the coaching responsible for the lack of concentration on those type of penalties and lack of discipline and concentration before the ball is even snapped.

You do not yank a QB that is 15-14 in the NFL and has run an offense that finished top-10 in points scored to start a 5th round rookie who completes 50% of his passes

Right, just like you're not supposed to lose your job to injury. If the other guy is better, the better player plays.

I mean John Miller has been part of the 15-14 and he might not start, where is your gripe about that.

Edited by old school

You do not yank a QB that is 15-14 in the NFL and has run an offense that finished top-10 in points scored to start a 5th round rookie who completes 50% of his passes

thing is, based off preseason I know, but does taylor look like he has a grasp of the offense? now, if he comes out game one and lights it up, sure, he remains the starter but if he looks like he has in these practice games there is no reason he should stay under center.

game one will tell the story.

I have to go with the veteran over a 5th round pick. His 15-14 record imo would have been better if the Rex Ryan defense played as advertised. If the Head Coach states Taylor is the starter, I go with his choice as he is more knowledgeable in evaluating football players than myself.

GO BILLS, (Hopefully get in the playoffs, but I won't bet the farm on this wish)

Sad when a rookie QB with a 50% completion rate, averaging 5.47 YPA with a QB rating of 71 is everyone's savior...just shows how bad Taylor has been

Too bad Nate hadn't been given any time with the 1s.

He came in and did ok against a good defense.

Scammed the field regularly and also made some rookie mistakes.

Sad when a rookie QB with a 50% completion rate, averaging 5.47 YPA with a QB rating of 71 is everyone's savior...just shows how bad Taylor has been

I don't think anyone is anointing Peterman a "savior". But to my way of thinking we already know (or suspect) Taylor is not our guy going forward, and all we know about Peterman is what we can surmise from a handful of series during preseason. If Taylor starts this season he probably doesn't redeem himself to the point we are comfortable with him leading the team into the future and we are left STILL knowing nothing about Peterman. If Peterman starts, at least we get an indication of weather he can become a viable starter, a valuable backup, or is just another 5th round roster filler.

IMHO, I think that the O-line is our biggest problem to fix, I've never been a fan of the zone blocking scheme, and it seems to me that our O-line coach is incapable of teaching the linemen how to line up let alone how to execute a new blocking scheme.

With a new HC and OC. Sure they can.

Will they? Dunno.

I expect Yates to play all of next week.

Save Nate for the insurance.

Stats dont show the 2 nice 1st down completions that were called back by penalty, or the 2 drops by Clay.

Stats dont show the 2 nice 1st down completions that were called back by penalty, or the 2 drops by Clay.

Exactly. And stats don't show this:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/901808896729341953/video/1

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/901807796643037184/video/1

This is a rookie in his 3rd ever NFL game. I don't really know what people are expecting. There isn't a QB in the league that can get into rhythm with crap like that happening every other play.