Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in this scheme, which despite Dennison's assurances, really does NOT look suited to TT's talents.

TT can be very good in a scheme that's all running plus deep bombs. Old school Al Davis Oakland/Terry Bradshaw Steelers offensive theory. Pretty much the complete opposite of the WCO.

So did you take that to mean you think McD already knows that TT will have no concussion issues that will affect him for week 1??

Regardless of what the coaches want re: the QB situation, my bet is Peterman starts week 1.

If Peterman beats the Jets, do you pull Peterman even after TT was a complete dumpster fire in all 3 of his preseason appearances?

No to what that I said? You do know TT is concussed, right? At this moment, Peterman is the top available QB. There's zero question of that.

Then this entire discussion is moot, unless the discussion was intended to center on which QB should be named the starter when both are available

Then this entire discussion is moot, unless the discussion was intended to center on which QB should be named the starter when both are available

McDermott said in his post game presser that Tyrod is the starter. There's no controversy or question about it whatsoever.

Does anyone who attended the open practices know how much practice Peterman has had with the 1s? With Taylor out for at least a week, hopefully he will get time with the 1s to develop timing and chemistry. My biggest concern with Peterman were his blocked passes. Was it mostly on his mechanics, throwing the ball too low, or was it mostly bad protection from the dumpster fire we call an Oline? Even Ritchie was a penalty machine.

The penalties on the Oline were unforgivable, they couldn't even line up properly. I hold the coaching responsible for the lack of concentration on those type of penalties and lack of discipline and concentration before the ball is even snapped.

I blame it on the players for being to slow to stop the pass rush and so are looking for an edge by stepping back too far from the line of scrimmage.

With a new HC and OC. Sure they can.

Will they? Dunno.

I expect Yates to play all of next week.

Save Nate for the insurance.

No, Peterman needs all the reps he can get.

IMO, I'd like to see Peterman get the start and have the whole season to play, that way we can see if he can progress and look like he can be the franchise QB. If he keeps making strides by the end of the year and has potential, then the Bills can use all those picks on other players besides having to package them up to select a QB high in the draft.

TT sucks in this system from everything we've been privy to.

TJ Yikes is just - wow.

SO yes, the Bills QB situation is not good right now. Peterman's mediocrity has him as the best they've got.

Wonder who has the worst QB group in the league?

Because they named Tyrod the starter (again) after the game. I also still have quite a few contacts in the building over there. This isn't some brewing QB controversy.

Not that I want tt to start, but it would be nice to not see the franchise give into fans.

IMO, I'd like to see Peterman get the start and have the whole season to play, that way we can see if he can progress and look like he can be the franchise QB. If he keeps making strides by the end of the year and has potential, then the Bills can use all those picks on other players besides having to package them up to select a QB high in the draft.

This.

And if he's not the guy, which I suspect, then get our QB. (Darnold better come out)

So will ours, Peterman will be fine. If TT can't play I guaranty Peterman plays the whole game.

Well whoever is their ultimate #3 needs some time to prove himself and get some game work - I'm mostly assuming it's not Yates.

If TT is any risk at all to not play week 1, they need to have Peterman plus a backup rdy to go.

Tyrod or Peterman? I really don't see any step back starting Peterman this season. What is Tyrod gonna do any difference come Sept 10th?

1. Peterman is completing 50% of his passes...that is TEBOW-esque.

2. I do LIKE Peterman as a prospect, and the WORST way to develop a kid who isn't ready is to throw him to the wolves. Everyone here who wants him to start either hates the kid or doesn't understand how to develop a QB.

3. We have one of, if not the worst, offensive line in terms of pass protection in football right now. Another reason putting him out there too early could just set the kid back.

I swear, its like the fan base here has had their head in the sand for 17 years. Serious question: HOW MANY TIMES DO THE BILLS NEED TO RUIN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A YOUNG QB BEFORE YOU PEOPLE REALIZE ITS THE WRONG WAY TO DO IT?

Putting a young QB out there who isn't quite ready behind a bad offensive line is a TERRIBLE...and I mean TERRIBLE tactic to develop him. There is NO REASON to start him over Taylor, not one. It changes nothing for us.

And most important, Taylor has already been named the starter Week 1, so this poll is a dead thread and completely pointless. I do think that if Taylor and the offense continue to struggle into the season, that Peterman WILL and SHOULD get a chance to take over and showcase what he may or may not be the rest of the season. HOWEVER, there is ZERO chance that is week 1. Not guessing, but literal ZERO chance as McD already stated with a shadow of a doubt that TT is the starter entering the regular season.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I love how folks are trashing Peterman for 50% passing when its higher that TT this preseason. Thats right TT is less than 50%.

True Story

PASSING STATISTICS

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD INT Long Sck

Nathan Peterma 68 34 372 50.0 5.5 1 0 28 3

T.J. Yates 41 23 233 56.1 5.7 1 2 21 4

Tyrod Taylor 29 14 100 48.3 3.4 0 2 15 4

Peterman is the statistical leader on the team

Edited by artmalibu

Move Tyrod to WR (and QB3), just press Peterman into action. Boom. Tyrod's not a jerk and will play out his last year as a Bill that way (and hey, maybe catch lightning in a bottle).

My vote is to put Peterman out there and start him. I do agree with you though. I'd still get Tyrod out there in some capacity.

I love how folks are trashing Peterman for 50% passing when its higher that TT this preseason. Thats right TT is less than 50%.

True Story

The difference is one guy is 15-14 as an NFL starter and has led 2 top 10 scoring offenses. The other is completing 50% of his preseason passes.

1. Peterman is completing 50% of his passes...that is TEBOW-esque.

2. I do LIKE Peterman as a prospect, and the WORST way to develop a kid who isn't ready is to throw him to the wolves. Everyone here who wants him to start either hates the kid or doesn't understand how to develop a QB.

3. We have one of, if not the worst, offensive line in terms of pass protection in football right now. Another reason putting him out there too early could just set the kid back.

I swear, its like the fan base here has had their head in the sand for 17 years. Serious question: HOW MANY TIMES DO THE BILLS NEED TO RUIN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A YOUNG QB BEFORE YOU PEOPLE REALIZE ITS THE WRONG WAY TO DO IT?

Putting a young QB out there who isn't quite ready behind a bad offensive line is a TERRIBLE...and I mean TERRIBLE tactic to develop him. There is NO REASON to start him over Taylor, not one. It changes nothing for us.

And most important, Taylor has already been named the starter Week 1, so this poll is a dead thread and completely pointless. I do think that if Taylor and the offense continue to struggle into the season, that Peterman WILL and SHOULD get a chance to take over and showcase what he may or may not be the rest of the season. HOWEVER, there is ZERO chance that is week 1. Not guessing, but literal ZERO chance as McD already stated with a shadow of a doubt that TT is the starter entering the regular season.

Yeah a lot of drops and penalties ,in there. Killing yds and completions . Get real He looks alot better than T.T. in this O.