Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact it is even a question is telling. I'm not saying Tuel is good, he's not even a top 32 starter in the league, but neither is Manuel. The difference between the two is negligible. So the people who said Tuel was not far off from Manuel, based solely on preseason, were not wrong. I thought it was a weird example to use.

It was not a weird example at all. People thought Tuel was a starter in this league based on his preseason play. There are threads on this board talking about how he should start. Guess what he is not even a decent QB. People are talking about Peterson as a starter, based on his preseason play. See the parallel? And, people who are "impressed" by Peterson must have been absolutely blown away by Tuels play seeing as he arguably looked better than Peterson, in preseason, as a rookie. But yea, weird example.

Again, Jeff Tuel hasn't been in the league in 2 years, Manual still is and looks like he has solidified the backup job in Oakland.

So yea, they were far off. Manual may have not been starter material but he is still far and away a much better QB than Jeff Tuel.

Offense has 11 guys play at once. McCoy is the offense's best player but far from the only one that contributed. If you don't think that the QB is the most important part of any offense you are an idiot.

This is the best you have? Nothing substantive, just a punch of platitudes and insults. Yikes.

Sammy is gone and with him a level of confidence from Tyrod. We all know TT is not in the long term plans for McD. But I also agree throwing a promising Peterman into the fire too quickly could prove detrimental to his development. I think by the end of the season Nate will be our starter.

What are you disagreeing with?

...and yes, ANYONE that doesn't think the QB is the most important part of an offense is an idiot.

Like I said, go back a whole two pages and read what I wrote. I'm not quoting myself.

Or just keep calling me an idiot. Whatever floats your boat.

Sammy is gone and with him a level of confidence from Tyrod. We all know TT is not in the long term plans for McD. But I also agree throwing a promising Peterman into the fire too quickly could prove detrimental to his development. I think by the end of the season Nate will be our starter.

He may be. They kind of set TT up to fail taking away what he does best.

These kinds of posts are unnecessary. Didn't you say you liked the Watkins trade and thought he was a can't-miss player? It's okay, we're all wrong sometimes - I own an EJ Manuel jersey! I think Peterman has looked good for his first preseason, good enough to get a shot at some point in the year if the offense looks bad. You don't have to agree with that but don't call me dumb because of it.

I agree

vote split right down the middle ,but half of us are stupid ...

I agree

I can understand wanting Peterman to an extent with this new offense. But to say TT was terrible the last two seasons-I have to wonder what people are thinking or watching. Or why they have an agenda of hate against the guy.

Like I said, go back a whole two pages and read what I wrote. I'm not quoting myself.

Or just keep calling me an idiot. Whatever floats your boat.

Glad that you wanted to bring facts into the equation. Over the last 2 years the Bills have 79 carries for 295 yards and a fantastic 3.7 YPC in games that Tyrod didn't play. 2 of those 3 games were against teams that picked in the top 5 in the following draft. McCoy without Tyrod had 40 carries for 168 yards and 4.2 YPC in those games. That 3.7 YPC would have the Bills as the 28th best rushing offense. You don't believe that Tyrod is an important part of the running game?!?!?!?

I agree

Way more than half

There once was a time (feels like forever ago) that the Bills had a knowledgeable fan base. We are seriously the dumbest football fans in the world at this point. We don't watch the game, we don't follow the game, we didn't grow up playing the game and our media is the same. That's how we end up with discussions like this. It's not just the QB discussion either.

Not your best post, that's for sure.

Glad that you wanted to bring facts into the equation. Over the last 2 years the Bills have 79 carries for 295 yards and a fantastic 3.7 YPC in games that Tyrod didn't play. 2 of those 3 games were against teams that picked in the top 5 in the following draft. McCoy without Tyrod had 40 carries for 168 yards and 4.2 YPC in those games. That 3.7 YPC would have the Bills as the 28th best rushing offense. You don't believe that Tyrod is an important part of the running game?!?!?!?

Way more than half

"Taylor’s threat as a runner played a role in the Bills’ rushing success, as the team often utilized option plays that forced defenses to play contain in order to prevent him from running on his own."

You have problems. all i can say. Don't let facts get in your way, I'l l give you that, for the hatred for the guy you have.

I have problems? I'm not the one who save other peoples posts! You are the only delusional poster that seems to have done something as demented as that.

I've said numerous times Tyrod is a great guy, great teammate, works his ass off and wants to be good and succeed, he really does, I believe that 100%. The only problem is he is not a good QB. You obviously can not see that from your tired repetitive posts.

Edited by old school

He may be. They kind of set TT up to fail taking away what he does best.

Not only taking away what he does best, but taking away the only target with whom he had any developed level of trust.

Tyrod's biggest issue as a passer is that he doesn't throw with anticipation; the reason that his YPA is at an elite level (8.8) with Sammy in the lineup (and among the doldrums without him--6.2) is that he CAN throw with anticipation if he trusts his receiver enough.

Many of us knew what to expect when the FO put Tyrod in this position. Comfort, trust, chemistry, etc don't just show up on command.

Edited by thebandit27

Not your best post, that's for sure.

It's not untrue either. We aren't a knowledgable fan base. A lot of it comes from the the years of bad football. We don't play good football in WNY. The % of people that play is comparatively small. Our media doesn't know the game. We don't have another team that is followed (with respect to UB). We watch and understand football less than most other parts of the country.

I have problems? I'm not the one who save other peoples posts! You are the only delusional poster that seems to have done something as demented as that.

I've said numerous times Tyrod is a great guy, great teammate, works his ass off and wants to be good and succeed, he really does, I believe that 100%. The only problem is he is not a good QB. You obviously can not see that from your tired repetitive posts.

When you say he was terrible the last two seasons, that is dishonest posting.

I can understand wanting Peterman to an extent with this new offense. But to say TT was terrible the last two seasons-I have to wonder what people are thinking or watching. Or why they have an agenda of hate against the guy.

Well you know I'm not one of them JM and identify Taylor as a good game manager/serviceable.

I just feel like Peterman has a small window of opportunity to show what he can do and it might be smart looking long term for Buffalo to use it.

with all due respect my friend

Well you know I'm not one of them JM and identify Taylor as a good game manager/serviceable.

I just feel like Peterman has a small window of opportunity to show what he can do and it might be smart looking long term for Buffalo to use it.

with all due respect my friend

I like him too.

Way more than half

Well, let's see. The game Taylor didn't play in 2016 was the last game against the Jets, which featured an offense led by Manuel and a team eliminated from contention. Oh, and I think McCoy got injured in that game early as well. So that might have had an effect on their YPC.

In 2015 they played against the #7 rush defense in Cincy without Taylor. Making the argument that Taylor's loss had a big impact on the run game in that situation is tenuous IMO. The game that makes your point is the London game against the Jags, which McCoy averaged 3.8. I'm inclined to agree that not having Taylor mattered there, as it's the single outlier that makes your point somewhat palatable.