Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on TSW. When Taylor is recovered from his concussion, he'll be the starter.

I agree Taylor will be the starter vs. the Jets. I don't agree that the controversy is only on TSW. Nor do I think the coaches aren't planning on going to Peterman at some point this season. Maybe as soon as game 5 depending on how things go.

I agree Taylor will be the starter vs. the Jets. I don't agree that the controversy is only on TSW. Nor do I think the coaches aren't planning on going to Peterman at some point this season. Maybe as soon as game 5 depending on how things go.

Obviously things could change we get deeper into the season.

TT is the starting QB - do not destroy Peterman with what lies ahead.

...guess I'm not sure what that is so hard to comprehend......probably because I'm older than dirt.....this is TT's "make it or break it" year.........and the aisle is evenly split with "he makes it vs he's gone"...so with Peterman quietly developing as a bright spot 5th, as well as having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of 2018, I'd say we're in a pretty damn good position without destroying this kid....then again, OBD has been THE mecca for QB development since Kelly who had a head start with the Gamblers.......

...guess I'm not sure what that is so hard to comprehend......probably because I'm older than dirt.....this is TT's "make it or break it" year.........and the aisle is evenly split with "he makes it vs he's gone"...so with Peterman quietly developing as a bright spot 5th, as well as having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of 2018, I'd say we're in a pretty damn good position without destroying this kid....then again, OBD has been THE mecca for QB development since Kelly who had a head start with the Gamblers.......

To me AFL you can also destroy a kid by never giving him a chance to develop with the proper amount of game starts the same way EJ was handled.

If Buffalo drafts a 1st rounder at the QB position in next years draft in all likelihood the rookie signal caller will start.

Buffalo can gauge T T ceiling something most will agree on, Peterman on the other hand is a complete unknown, untested rookie already showing attributes well beyond his years.

I'm a huge T T fan Old Timer, but this Nathan Peterman fella screams I'm ready now.

To me AFL you can also destroy a kid by never giving him a chance to develop with the proper amount of game starts the same way EJ was handled.

If Buffalo drafts a 1st rounder at the QB position in next years draft in all likelihood the rookie signal caller will start.

Buffalo can gauge T T ceiling something most will agree on, Peterman on the other hand is a complete unknown, untested rookie already showing attributes well beyond his years.

I'm a huge T T fan Old Timer, but this Nathan Peterman fella screams I'm ready now.

Screams I'm ready now? He certainly does not.

And Taylor was a BIG part of the reason we led the league in rushing, don't forget that. Not only did he heavily contribute to both our leading totals and yards per attempt average, the threat of TT as a runner makes it much harder to defend our entire run game. Without Taylor in there, they are going to stack the box on Peterman and McCoy isnt going to have it too easy and this OL is going to get exposed as over rated in the run block game. This entire run offense heavily benefited from how dangerous TT is with his legs, OL included.

I disagree. Even taking away every single one of Taylor's contributions, we are STILL the #4 rushing team in the NFL by yards, the #1 rushing team by YPG at 5.16, and the #2 rushing team in the league by TDs. And that's WITHOUT taking Prescott's yards/attempts/TDs out of the Cowboys' (the only team with a rush attack comparable to ours), so I think I can comfortably say our rush attack would have been just fine without Taylor.

And I have to LOL at the idea that Taylor's scrambles somehow contribute to the run game...they're just more runs. How does that help the rush attack? It's so much more plausible to say that a good PASSING attack helps a rush offense, and that ours was the product of a guy named LeSean McCoy rather than weirdly trying to credit Taylor for it.

*EDIT FOR THE 'DON'T RUIN PETERMAN CROWD*: I don't care if he gets 'ruined'. I'm not some blushing 18th century noblewoman, I fully expect us to draft a QB with our first in 2018 and that's the guy I'm interested in seeing developed properly. In the meantime, why not see what they've got in Peterman for this year, we know this team isn't getting where it wants to be with Taylor at QB.

and Taylor does?

Taylor has decent track record in the league as the Bills' starter for two seasons and has the job as the #1 straight from the Head Coach. He's not the long term answer I don't believe, but he's more ready as an NFL starter than Peterman at this juncture. Call OBD if you disagree.

Team Tyrod keeps mentioning the rookies 50% in the last 3 games while ignoring Taylors 50% in the last 3 games.

Indeed

People that watch more than just the preseason and don't have an agenda tend to place more emphasis on his body of work over 29 regular season games than 2 preseason quarters

Crazy, I know

This reminds me of 2013 and Jeff Tuel. He was a preseason all-star, and some thought he looked better than Manuel.

People love the unknown.

Yeah and in retrospect Tuel wasn't any worse than Manuel. He was arguably better. So I'm not sure how this helps your point.

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

Watched all of Peterman's throws. A lot knocked down, a few drops, a couple throwaways due to pressure and a couple bad throws

Encouraging

10:52 AM · Aug 27, 2017

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

Peterman reminds me of a pre-concussion Trent Edwards. I mean that as a compliment too

10:32 AM · Aug 27, 2017

We respect YPP around here, right? Based on the tape he sees promise. I guess some people just can't get past that preseason stat line but it's just so meaningless...

Edited by HappyDays

Indeed

People that watch more than just the preseason and don't have an agenda tend to place more emphasis on his body of work over 29 regular season games than 2 preseason quarters

Crazy, I know

His body of work is terrible. How anyone can disagree with that is crazy.