So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

Yeah and in retrospect Tuel wasn't any worse than Manuel. He was arguably better. So I'm not sure how this helps your point.

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

Watched all of Peterman's throws. A lot knocked down, a few drops, a couple throwaways due to pressure and a couple bad throws

Encouraging

10:52 AM · Aug 27, 2017

YardsPerPass @YardsPerPass

Peterman reminds me of a pre-concussion Trent Edwards. I mean that as a compliment too

10:32 AM · Aug 27, 2017

We respect YPP around here, right? Based on the tape he sees promise. I guess some people just can't get past that preseason stat line but it's just so meaningless...

Umm what?

Jeff Tuel wasn't any better than Manual and that was shown in his game when he actually started. So there is literally no argument to be made. Jeff Tuel is currently unemployed and hasn't played in the NFL in 2 seasons.

Manual, as bad as you think he is, is still at least a backup QB and employed.

Edit: and btw the whole concussion thing with Trent Edwards is a massive fallacy. He had on of his best game as a Buffalo Bill after the concussion against San Diego. It wasn't that Trent Edwards changed after the concussion, it was that teams figured him out.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm what?

Jeff Tuel wasn't any better than Manual and that was shown in his game when he actually started. So there is literally no argument to be made. Jeff Tuel is currently unemployed and hasn't played in the NFL in 2 seasons.

Manual, as bad as you think he is, is still at least a backup QB and employed.

I think EJ was better than Tuel. And Ej was not good.

15 -14, 47 TDs 15 turnovers 1000 yards rushing is not terrible. Your posting is why I repeat myself.

(W-L) is not a QB record. It's a team record.

A QB who only passes a deep ball on the sidelines and all other passes under 3 yards in the air, is going to have fewer turnovers.

Having 1000 yards rushing as a complement to a solid passing game is impressive.

Having 1000 yards rushing because you're indecisive and incapable of finding/hitting an open receiver over the middle of the field simply means you're good on your feet. Which he is. But they pay other people to do that ... they're called running backs on most teams.

His body of work is terrible. How anyone can disagree with that is crazy.

I know, right.

If TT had gone for 3800+ pass yards, 23 TDs passing, and 8 ints each of the last 2 years and the Bills had a record of, say, 18-11 and just missed out on the playoffs both years then, yeah I would say he had a decent body of work and should be afforded a few bad preseason games to get his crap together within a new offense. He doesn't have nearly that good of a body of work so he shouldn't be afforded anything especially when a true rookie is severely outplaying him in what is a new offense for him too.

(W-L) is not a QB record. It's a team record.

A QB who only passes a deep ball on the sidelines and all other passes under 3 yards in the air, is going to have fewer turnovers.

Having 1000 yards rushing as a complement to a solid passing game is impressive.

Having 1000 yards rushing because you're indecisive and incapable of finding/hitting an open receiver over the middle of the field simply means you're good on your feet. Which he is. But they pay other people to do that ... they're called running backs on most teams.

He was also the seventh rated QB when under pressure in 2016. His presence makes the running game better. he is by far the best running QB in the league. rushing TDs count the same as passing TDs.. he isn't great, was not expected to be esp since he is just a FA, and he is not terrible. But if they don't want him to run and took away his deep threat, maybe they should trade him.

15 -14, 47 TDs 15 turnovers 1000 yards rushing is not terrible. Your posting is why I repeat myself.

Those are half back numbers, we're talking about quarterbacks.

He was also the seventh rated QB when under pressure in 2016. His presence makes the running game better. he is by far the best running QB in the league. rushing TDs count the same as passing TDs.. he isn't great, was not expected to be esp since he is just a FA, and he is not terrible. But if they don't want him to run and took away his deep threat, maybe they should trade him.

This is just the dumbest argument it makes me want to scream. Read my post last page.

I know, right.

If TT had gone for 3800+ pass yards, 23 TDs passing, and 8 ints each of the last 2 years and the Bills had a record of, say, 18-11 and just missed out on the playoffs both years then, yeah I would say he had a decent body of work and should be afforded a few bad preseason games to get his crap together within a new offense. He doesn't have nearly that good of a body of work so he shouldn't be afforded anything especially when a true rookie is severely outplaying him in what is a new offense for him too.

The defense was the main reason the Bills missed the playoffs in 2016. the offense put up enough points. 25 points against playoff teams-the defense gave up 33.

Those are half back numbers, we're talking about quarterbacks.

This is just the dumbest argument it makes me want to scream. Read my post last page.

A QB that is an elusive runner always makes the running game better because he has to be accounted for. This is basic football. Halfbacks put up 47 TDs in 29 games? Once again, keep repeating myself because of posting like this.

Edited by JM2009

There once was a time (feels like forever ago) that the Bills had a knowledgeable fan base. We are seriously the dumbest football fans in the world at this point. We don't watch the game, we don't follow the game, we didn't grow up playing the game and our media is the same. That's how we end up with discussions like this. It's not just the QB discussion either.

A QB that is an elusive runner always makes the running game better because he has to be accounted for. This is basic football.

So more runs somehow make the run game less predictable?

How do you feel about a QB that passes the ball well? That probably hurts the run game, I imagine. Not enough QB scrambles to mix things up.

How to you feel about back-to-back top 10 DVOA and scoring offenses?

Terrific. McCoy should be very proud of himself.

...unless you want to credit Taylor like poster above. You could have read my post a whole page back re: the run game's outsized impact on the offense as a whole, but you were probably too busy telling everyone how dumb they are. No biggie.

Umm what?

Manual, as bad as you think he is, is still at least a backup QB and employed..

The fact it is even a question is telling. I'm not saying Tuel is good, he's not even a top 32 starter in the league, but neither is Manuel. The difference between the two is negligible. So the people who said Tuel was not far off from Manuel, based solely on preseason, were not wrong. I thought it was a weird example to use.

...unless you want to credit Taylor like poster above. You could have read my post a whole page back re: the run game's outsized impact on the offense as a whole, but you were probably too busy telling everyone how dumb they are. No biggie.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/08/4-reasons-the-buffalo-bills-would-be-foolish-to-move-on-from-tyrod-taylor/

Offense has 11 guys play at once. McCoy is the offense's best player but far from the only one that contributed. If you don't think that the QB is the most important part of any offense you are an idiot.

"Taylor’s threat as a runner played a role in the Bills’ rushing success, as the team often utilized option plays that forced defenses to play contain in order to prevent him from running on his own."

"In the 15 games over two seasons that Taylor has had Watkins and Woods in the lineup, Taylor completes just over 63-percent of his passes, average 8.25 yards-per-attempt and threw 26 touchdowns to just six interceptions.

In the games without Watkins and Woods, Taylor’s production dropped dramatically, completing 61.5-percent of his passes with an average of 6.55 yards-per-pass attempt, throwing only 10 touchdowns and six interceptions while taking 43 sacks."

There once was a time (feels like forever ago) that the Bills had a knowledgeable fan base. We are seriously the dumbest football fans in the world at this point. We don't watch the game, we don't follow the game, we didn't grow up playing the game and our media is the same. That's how we end up with discussions like this. It's not just the QB discussion either.

These kinds of posts are unnecessary. Didn't you say you liked the Watkins trade and thought he was a can't-miss player? It's okay, we're all wrong sometimes - I own an EJ Manuel jersey! I think Peterman has looked good for his first preseason, good enough to get a shot at some point in the year if the offense looks bad. You don't have to agree with that but don't call me dumb because of it.

These kinds of posts are unnecessary. Didn't you say you liked the Watkins trade and thought he was a can't-miss player? It's okay, we're all wrong sometimes - I own an EJ Manuel jersey! I think Peterman has looked good for his first preseason, good enough to get a shot at some point in the year if the offense looks bad. You don't have to agree with that but don't call me dumb because of it.

No, I hated the Watkins trade -wrong guy. In terms of Watkins the prospect, he was one of the safest prospects to come out in years. He was the #1 player on the Bills board if you combined 2013 & 2014 drafts. They were not alone.

If you think that we are an intelligent fan base I don't know what to tell you. We don't know football very well compared to most others.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Don't think he was referring to you my friend.

No, I hated the Watkins trade. Wrong guy

If you think that we are an intelligent fan base I don't know what to tell you. We don't know football very well compared to most others.

I hate it because if they want to stick with TT, why take away his deep threat-what he is good at.

"Taylor’s threat as a runner played a role in the Bills’ rushing success, as the team often utilized option plays that forced defenses to play contain in order to prevent him from running on his own."

"In the 15 games over two seasons that Taylor has had Watkins and Woods in the lineup, Taylor completes just over 63-percent of his passes, average 8.25 yards-per-attempt and threw 26 touchdowns to just six interceptions.

In the games without Watkins and Woods, Taylor’s production dropped dramatically, completing 61.5-percent of his passes with an average of 6.55 yards-per-pass attempt, throwing only 10 touchdowns and six interceptions while taking 43 sacks."

Uh oh, Woods and Watkins are gone, now what!