So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

How did TT earn his shot as starter? Training camp competition, right? Tyrod was better than the other guys in 2015, (Manuel 14 starts, Cassel 71 starts) kind of like Peterman has been better than Tyrod this year.

There was an open competition at that time. I don't believe that's the case this year.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an open competition at that time. I don't believe that's the case this year.

Fair enough but what is the coaches job and what has McD said? The best players play. Will he stay true to his word? or does he play it safe and go with TT knowing NP is the better QB?

11 of 23 for 98 yards isnt doing it against the ones. That sucks. Not saying tyrod is any good. Not saying Peterman cant be the eventual starter. But lets get a friggin grip.

The friggin' grip we need to get is that HE WAS CLEARLY BETTER THAN TYROD.

TT is quite possibly broken folks.

Peterman is very likely to be the Week 1 starter. If he beats the Jets do you bench him for TT based solely on TT's prior two seasons in an entirely different system, b/c so far in THIS system Tyrod has been awful.

Tyrod but I'll continue to echo that I think we will run an offense that does not play to his strengths near as well as we have in the past.... but he's simply more talented than peterman AND more prepared to play

Not between the ears he's not.

Fair enough but what is the coaches job and what has McD said? The best players play. Will he stay true to his word? or does he play it safe and go with TT knowing NP is the better QB?

The veteran QB wins out based on his past. That's just how it is. You don't sell a 5th round rookie to vets that want to win. They've seen this preseason , but they've played and won games with Taylor. That's the difference. QB situations are touchy

Not between the ears he's not.

Today against an NFL DC, I think he is. That isn't an insult to peterman when being compare to a 2 year starter with a ton of time in the league sndvrrps in college.

The veteran QB wins out based on his past. That's just how it is. You don't sell a 5th round rookie to vets that want to win. They've seen this preseason , but they've played and won games with Taylor. That's the difference. QB situations are touchy

Also he's got a long resume better than peterman in Peterson as a starter in live fire. Peterman has to WIN the job. McD didn't mean the best practice on Friday at each position would start Sunday when he called it an open competition

Tyrod is what you see & nothing more, he has hit his head on his ceiling and on his way back down again. Peterman is a raw rookie that already looks better than TT and has a much higher ceiling. At this point I would go with Peterman and it's not even close.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

This offensive scheme is set up more for a QB like Peterman.

Baltimore showed the last time we played them in the regular season that the key to stop Tyrod is to force him to be a QB, funny thing is this staff is trying to make Tyrod be a QB. Sorry man it just won't work, Tyrod is a runner first. Does this staff change up there system to fit a QB that is here only this year or do they stay with there system and go with the younger QB. My money is on Peterman unless they are going for the draft pick then it's Tyrod. This offense is dead in the water unless our OC does what Lynn did and mask Tyrods issues. Time to move on from Baltimore's backup.

Today against an NFL DC, I think he is. That isn't an insult to peterman when being compare to a 2 year starter with a ton of time in the league sndvrrps in college.

Also he's got a long resume better than peterman in Peterson as a starter in live fire. Peterman has to WIN the job. McD didn't mean the best practice on Friday at each position would start Sunday when he called it an open competition

What's this? :lol:

If this board was honest with itself this is the best situation The Bills could find themselves in at QB. The only way to screw this up is to hand the job back to taylor without making him earn it or giving the job to Peterman without significant progress in his development. Taylor can't participate so Peterman is with the ones all week and starts against the Lions and maybe the jests. Now there's measureable data for him. If taylor is back for week 2 he gets his shot. A true competition without McB having to take any heat for a controversy.

The problem with starting Peterman is what if he looks decent by rookie standards and then McBeane and McDermot decide to LT and DT with the first two picks passing on a QB. Then Peterman never really improves off his first year.

Or we could draft a QB and trade peterman for more picks

So your saying we have two qbs who totally suck, right?

TT, Yates and Peterman = 3 QB's who suck at the moment...

But at least Peterman appears to have some upside the other two obviously do not...

And on a totally unrelated topic... WTF is Ducasse even on the roster???

Edited by DefenseWins