Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, I think it's important that your highest paid players are also leaders on the team. They will likely be looked at as leaders anyway, just because of their salary. We kind of seen that with Mario Williams, and it wasn't really a good thing.

I think Dareus needs to start to step up as a leader, or at the very least get in line with this new program/regime otherwise this new regime is likely to move on from him as soon as that's a true possibility (manageable dead cap hit).

I really hope that he is able to stick around Buffalo. I love watching him play. Dareus has the talent to be a top 5 Defensive lineman in the NFL, and he plays like one at times. I don't know exactly what it is that's holding him back from being that player all the time but If he can ever put it together consistently the sky is the limit for him. He could be a HOF type player. He has hall of fame talent but he's starting to run out of time to ever fully realize that talent.

Why would you say that? They are trying to build a winning culture and Dareus is not getting with the program. Do you think that Bill Belichick would put up with Dareus' lack of discipline? You see zero players like Dareus on the Pats.

I think he's losing the room, that's why I said that. You can't build winning culture until you win. I'm not defending Dareus, he's an absolute idiot.

When you have not one single game in the NFL - you walk a thin line being 100% hard a$$. You didn't keep it in house, you sent him home, to make a statement. If you lose the players will turn on you hard and it'll be over quick.

I think his lack of experience could cost him huge if he doesn't win. Right now we look terrible, except the run and he just made a fool out of one of our best run stoppers. I'm not saying he didn't deserve punishment but Sean, IMO, created a controversy he may soon live or die with. I'd rather he eased into the culture turnaround to be honest. I think it gives him the best chance to keep the team together. I'd rather one of my best players be late for a meeting than all these penalties.

Stop with the Belichick comparison. If you don't have his clout, no, you can't do the same things he does.

I think he's losing the room, that's why I said that. You can't build winning culture until you win. I'm not defending Dareus, he's an absolute idiot.

When you have not one single game in the NFL - you walk a thin line being 100% hard a$$. You didn't keep it in house, you sent him home, to make a statement. If you lose the players will turn on you hard and it'll be over quick.

I think his lack of experience could cost him huge if he doesn't win. Right now we look terrible, except the run and he just made a fool out of one of our best run stoppers. I'm not saying he didn't deserve punishment but Sean, IMO, created a controversy he may soon live or die with. I'd rather he eased into the culture turnaround to be honest. I think it gives him the best chance to keep the team together. I'd rather one of my best players be late for a meeting than all these penalties.

Stop with the Belichick comparison. If you don't have his clout, no, you can't do the same things he does.

Why not

There was a time when BB was not BB...for crying out loud he got fired from Cleveland

Either way, I am not worried about it. It isn't like he is suspended. And I don't have high hopes for this season anyway

This pretty much sums it up. McD is cutting his nose off to spite his own face in a season that could quickly circle the bowl.

All this talk of discipline yet the penalties on field still piling up... i saw 3 illegal formation penalties. I mean wow.

Holding, P.I., illegal contact, those penalties can go either way. You can actually have committed the penalty or the ref could have made a bad call.

But to not know where to line up? That's not a disciplined football team.

The 3rd preseason game is where i expect SOME type of progress. But sad to say, it's not looking good at all for the start of the regular season. Nothing short of a miracle needs to happen for us to be a competitive and competent football team...

If we trade him now its a 4.2 mill cap hit with 20 mill in dead cap. We can deal with that with moves, restructures, etc. I trade his stupid butt right now. I for one am sick of this guy already

The NBA continues to be innovative with contracts (still all guaranteed though) and salary cap rules. It's about time the NFL comes up with some new way of dealing with situations like this . Maybe allow one player contract per year that gets wiped from the salary cap. It's going in the other direction though as there is more guaranteed money than there ever was. They did allow for bonuses to be spread out over the contract but it makes it tough to get rid of a player if it's going to screw up the salary cap if there are years left on his contract.

Unfortunately, all it takes is for one team to set a precedent (increased contract guarantees) that ends up screwing it up for others.

Why not

There was a time when BB was not BB...for crying out loud he got fired from Cleveland

I would not waste much energy on these kinds of arguments after 3 preseason games...I can't wait to see the reaction from some around here by the end of this season...Like pulling out of a 17 year drought was just going to be a piece of cake!...A regular walk in the park... :lol:

I mean...If you are behind the plan going forward just get ready to ignore all kinds of garbage...Because it's coming for McD and Beane...It's going to be raining on them hard soon...I just hope Pegs has the stomach for it... B-)

Why not

Of course he can, I just think the effectiveness will only work if you win.

I guess if you think BB coached with the same clout before his first NFL game - then you'd be right, but I doubt we could know that answer.

When you win you can become more and more demanding because your results support it. It's the great benefit of having one of the greatest QB's in history.

I think sending Dareus home was a bad decision.

The kid needs to wake up and realize it's time to grow up.

...he's WIDE awake....has a six year, $96 mil paid vacation and you're stuck with him due to cap hit(s).....he knows it and is in a perfect position....Fat Albert Haynesworth flashbacks....

Could this be a harbinger of a positive drug test? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE SO! Short of death by acute marijuana intoxication, something that appears to be legend, that may be the only way to get out from under that contract.

I thought I read somewhere that there was no ethics/badboy clause out on this deal? and everyone was wondering why?

Of course he can, I just think the effectiveness will only work if you win.

I guess if you think BB coached with the same clout before his first NFL game - then you'd be right, but I doubt we could know that answer.

When you win you can become more and more demanding because your results support it. It's the great benefit of having one of the greatest QB's in history.

I think sending Dareus home was a bad decision.

You become a winner when you have talented players who are committed to maximizing use of their talent and by having them unite as a team. Dareus seems to want to do neither. Absolutely correct decision.

Be interesting to see what other punishment comes down.

You become a winner when you have talented players who are committed to maximizing use of their talent and by having them unite as a team. Dareus seems to want to do neither. Absolutely correct decision.

Be interesting to see what other punishment comes down.

Hit him where he's fattest...........in the wallet ;)

tired of Dareus, willing to bet the FO is tired of him as well. Not much u can do though, cant eat the cap hit. So you just continue on until the problem can resolve itself naturally. He acts up, fine him, He does it again, fine him, rinse repeat. Dont let him poison the locker room, he will be gone eventually.

...he's WIDE awake....has a six year, $96 mil paid vacation and you're stuck with him due to cap hit(s).....he knows it and is in a perfect position....Fat Albert Haynesworth flashbacks....

I think you are correct